The Dres debate thread.

max_creative

I'm not debating whether Dres exists. I'm trying to find out why you guys are blatantly rejecting every good aspect of Dres, without showing us your reasoning first.

#DresIsNotALieThatArgumentIsAlreadySolvedItObviouslyExists(YouCanAskTheDevs)WhyIsEveryoneBlatantlyHatingOnThatSeeminglyGoodPlanet:P

Edited by Matuchkin

• 4 weeks later...

Size 14? Size 14 dresteroids? Let's see. 14th letter of alphabet = N. Class N dresteroid. E class = 40 meters wide. Average diameter increase per letter: 8 meters. Average mass increase per meter: 100 (ish) tons. Class N (size 14) dresteroid = 112 meter dresteroid. Regular class E Dresteroid (from wiki) Density = around... 0.2 tons per cubic meter? doesn't seem right... A million cubic meters in a size 14 dresteroid = 200,000 tons of rock. That's a lot of ore.

You're welcome. Squadplzaddclassn'stothegame

I'm really getting tired of this dres thing now. This used to be a much more reasonable forum and now in almost every thread it seems Max creative is posting messages about dres in absolutely massive text.

Please please please just stop max.

That Is a call to Max and also moderators

It seems that the Dres debate thing is going on completely wrongly. You see, what should be happening is the discussion of wether Dres is worth going to, not just senseless yelling about wether it is a lie or not. The real discussion should be about the scientific value of Dres, and its benefits of having asteroids around it. 

Is it worth saving some fuel to go to Dres rather than jool? 

Is Dres a planet?

and other stuff.

After all, it's a debate thread.

Edited by Dobelong

I thought it was a game, like how to get people to have freaky reactions about a completely insignificant planetoid. Y'know like they have with Pluto . . .

[ducking and running into the darkness of interstellar space]

15 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Size 14? Size 14 dresteroids? Let's see. 14th letter of alphabet = N. Class N dresteroid. E class = 40 meters wide. Average diameter increase per letter: 8 meters. Average mass increase per meter: 100 (ish) tons. Class N (size 14) dresteroid = 112 meter dresteroid. Regular class E Dresteroid (from wiki) Density = around... 0.2 tons per cubic meter? doesn't seem right... A million cubic meters in a size 14 dresteroid = 200,000 tons of rock. That's a lot of ore.

You're welcome. Squadplzaddclassn'stothegame

How big is a size 72 asteroid, then? :D

@cubinator,

Size 72 = C-F class asteroid. Around 600 meters wide. Unless the increase is exponential instead of linear...

Actually, I just checked, and it is exponential! About 4.5x the mass per letter. So, plug 9.5 (class a) into an exponential growth calculator, then add 72 as your time variable and 450% as the growth, you get...

1.9223711885e+54

*tries to convert into regular numbers*

or about 2 septendecillion tons of rock. At 0.2 tons per cubic meter, this gives us about 400 sexdecillion cubic meters of rock. Diameter of a sphere calculator?

9.14×1017 meter diameter. 914000000000000000 meters. 914000000000000 kilometers.
914 trillion kilometers. The diameter of all of the planets in the solar system (the real one) is about 400,000km. Rounding to make the problem easier, half a million kilometers.

It would take 1.8 billion solar system planet lineups to match this asteroid.

More?

Okay, what about AU? about 100 million miles is an AU, so this dresteroid is 9 million AU long.

More?

Light years?

142 light year wide dresteroid. Size 72, or class C-F.

Okay, I'm done now :D

At that rate it would collapse into a singularity in 142 years. Or it would break physics. Maybe both.

On the plus side, that's a lot of ore, orbiting Dres! And swallowing the Sun! With 99999999g gravity! And one poor person trying to do the elcano challenge on it!

Although, I would really like to see larger Dresteroids. Just not this large.

12 hours ago, John FX said:

That Is a call to Max and also moderators

As long as it's kept to forum games (specifically this one) it's all good. Let's just not let it spread please (and please report it if it does.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.