How many mods do you drown yourself in?

AeronautEdward

I just updated to 1.1.2 after a long time away from KSP, jumping from 1.0.4 to 1.1.2, so I had to update a bunch of mods, (thank god I have CNET), so, I sifted through picking what mods I want, and after a while I got the mods downloading, CNET told me that is was about 250 MB! (and im not done siftin for mods) Thank god for that unity update, since on 1.0.4 KSP won't run for very long with the amount of mods I drowned it in!

*Runs to check KSP installs*

On my 1.0.5 install I had 43,

On my 1.0.5 New Horizens mod install I had 23,

On my 1.1.2 modded install I have 52, which is moar than in my RSS install :D

EDIT: I have increased the amount of mods on my 1.1.2 install to 69.

Edited by CAKE99

*GURGLE* *GLUB* Halp! My 4-gig boat is sinking! Aaaaaaaaaaaaa *disappears in lake of a gooey, opaque liquid the same shade of blue as BSoD*

CKAN says 31 mods. It works fine, just takes forever to load.

Edited by cubinator

For this game, only two. Kerbal Engineer and a docking information mod whose name I can't remember. I just want proper information readouts, and for my computer to do repetitive and time consuming math problems for me. I've used mods that add parts in the past, but most of the stuff I used mods for has been incorporated into the game. The only thing I've had in the game before that has never been added are the parts for building tiltrotor aircraft.

In the big picture, I actually don't mod all that much. There are a couple games, like Skyrim, where I've gotten really into it to the point of doing some of the mod work myself (that would be Skyrim and Silent Hunter 4), but for the most part I just collect small and simple mods that improve my quality of life.

I'm not going to bother counting the mods, but I have 18 non-Squad directories in the save I'm doing my Grand Tour (and planning my Jool-5 mission) in.

My New Horizons save has 36, but that was back in... 1.0.4? I don't remember what version actually :)

It's ironic that 64 bit has also seen me pare my mods in half - though granted several of the "New Horizons" mods are just to get New Horizons installed.

CNET? Don't you mean CKAN?

Anyway, in my current main install, 24. Breaking it down it's:

ModuleManager, of course.

Eight mods for the planetary system. It's the 'gimmick' of my current main save, lots of planets.

Four utilities - KER, Precise Node, Transfer Window Planner, and Hyperedit.

11 other mods. Some are gameplay mods like FAR. Some are parts mods like the K2 command pod. Some blur the boundary a bit, like UKS.

I try and keep the list reasonably short, partly for ease of management, partly because I feel that even with 1.1 KSP still doesn't have a lot of performance "headroom". On the other hand I haven't "frozen" the mods list in this save. If I want a particular mod to do a particular mission, I'll go ahead and add it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.