KSP getting boring? I want to get back into it.

ZedSpace

Just putting stuff in orbit and landing on other planets is pretty easy. Maybe you should try something harder. Have you built any space planes yet? How about dropping an asteroid on Mun to see what happens? How about seeing how far you can go and return from using an SSTO? Ever built a helicopter? An ion glider? Jool5? Eve rocks? In only 200 hours, you'd have to be superhuman to have mastered all those challenges.

4 hours ago, tetryds said:

Install FAR and get ready to the next BAD-T. You will realize how much there is left to learn :)

Shameless self advertisement there. 

Can't blame you though, that tournament is awesome fun!

19 hours ago, p1t1o said:

I take regular breaks to shoot nazis, an excellent palate cleanser.

I'm referring to Wolfenstein, I'm not a psychopath.

That makes me want to take a deeper look at the new Doom release...maybe it is really a true 20 years later Doom game.

Anyway I have been keeping busy with "Medieval Engineers". It is still alpha, but at about the same state as KSP was back when career mode was released(They have survival mode, and stuff to make it interesting...but some stuff doesn't quite work yet)

* It is like Minecraft, but the world looks as good as "Gothic 3" or "elder scrolls-Oblivion". You can even build mechanical stuff with pieces of timber(like a working trebuchet, or caravan)

After playing KSP, Skyrim, Witcher 2 (basically slower paced open world games) I went on a linear fps binge and completed a few games I've meant to complete for a while- Medal of Honour Allied Assault and COD 1, 2 and 3. I'm now definitely in the mood for slower paced open world games and have a bunch of ideas for my next KSP phase (I haven't played 1.1 yet!)

2 hours ago, Stewcumber said:

After playing KSP, Skyrim, Witcher 2 (basically slower paced open world games) I went on a linear fps binge and completed a few games I've meant to complete for a while- Medal of Honour Allied Assault and COD 1, 2 and 3. I'm now definitely in the mood for slower paced open world games and have a bunch of ideas for my next KSP phase (I haven't played 1.1 yet!)

Played witcher 3? It's awesome.

3 hours ago, qromodynmc said:

Played witcher 3? It's awesome.

I bought Witcher 3 the other day- it is my late evening game when I want something really slow! I'm only an hour or so it to it. It seems fantastic so far especially as I've played 1, 2 and now onto 3.

Mods. Mods mods mods mods mods. Planet packs in particular. New places to explore, and new components to build vessels to explore them with, is one of the best ways to always have something to do in this game. If you'd like a recommendation, Xen's Planet Collection is a great one. Install it and go back to Duna, to Eve, to Eeloo, they've all been changed wonderfully (new moons for all of them, rings around Duna, and an atmosphere on Eeloo). Also, go explore Mios and Richell. Mios has an equatorial ocean, and Richell rotates retrograde (whilst its moon orbits prograde). Make some enormous spacecraft and check out literally everything this mod adds, it's all great.

Also, why not do something odd. Something rocket-powered-kerbal-catapult odd. Something SSTO-which-has-a-flat-fairing-instead-of-wings odd. Something bizarre and unusual that people wouldn't generally think of doing in the game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.