I recently installed the RemoteTech mod and was trying to figure out how to activate it in my game file. I can see that the KSC has the Mission Control icon over it, but I have no additional UI showing a satellite connection or range. I tested a rocket with no antenna and it worked in full orbit with no line-of-sight. Is this a mod that doesn't work in Sandbox Mode? Also, is there a way to edit the settings file to allow for RemoteTech in Sandbox Mode?

42 minutes ago, Torih said:

Yes it works fine in sandbox, are you sure its enabled in the config window? It should have popped up after you installed it, it also adds an icon to the stock bar. 

When I open a saved game file, it pops up and has a number of options. I just can't figure out why I still have control on the opposite side of Kerbin.

On 5/25/2016 at 7:46 PM, proffesionalkitman said:

When I open a saved game file, it pops up and has a number of options. I just can't figure out why I still have control on the opposite side of Kerbin.

I still can't get it to have any sort of time delay. On the mission clock, where there is the time delay and calculator icon, it is red and only shows N/A, regardless of the presence of an antenna or probe body. Any thoughts?

2 hours ago, proffesionalkitman said:

I still can't get it to have any sort of time delay. On the mission clock, where there is the time delay and calculator icon, it is red and only shows N/A, regardless of the presence of an antenna or probe body. Any thoughts?

N/A usually (in my experience at least) means the craft doesn't have an antenna. Typically you would only see this on manned capsules, if that's the case it should say "Local Control" as opposed to Connected or Not Connected.

There can be some mods that add local control back to the probes even if you have installed remote-tech, so if you could post your mod-list that could help. 

And as I read your post you have tried your saved game? Have you also tried a new game to see if it works there? If so we could be sure that it is a config problem in your saved game. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have no other mods downloaded apart from the Telemachus antenna, which is not on the built ships. I have also tried it on multiple new and old game save files.

I was thinking that it may be due to the fact I have the 1.1 Pre-release downloaded. Is RemoteTech incompatible with 1.1?

Edited by proffesionalkitman
additional info

Does your craft have a signal processor? Normally it should be in the probe core. If there is none RT seems to be disabled for the craft. I had that problem with a part from sound rockets, but it was fixed in the mean time if I remember correctly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.