[1.3.1][Kopernicus] Stock Planet Expansion

nBv6UFb.jpg

Stock Planet Expansion or S.P.E is a pack that adds countless moons to the Kerbal solar system for you to explore! From Moho to Eeloo, we got you covered!

Meet the moons

Grillian, moon of Moho

ivla2dr.png

"Grillian is the Mohonian moon. It's surface is covered in vast, trademark canyons that have baffled scientists ever since their discovery. Strangely though, Grillian appears more frequently in discussions of whether or not 'Mohonian' is a word rather than it does in scientific reports."

Grillian is a half-molten mountainous moon in orbit of Moho. It's lava actually damages spacecrafts, so perhaps it's best to stay clear of those areas.

Driea, moon of Eve

oOxRr29.png

"Driea is a small, pink moon in orbit of Eve. For reasons unknown though it has a huge, silver mountain on it's equator. Scientists still do not know what caused it, considering Driea is likely geologically inactive, and thus Mount Hyacinthum remains a mystery to Kerbalkind."

Driea is Eve's first moon, Gilly becoming Eve's second moon due to it's larger orbit. Driea has a landscape covered in hills as well as one truly enormous mountain that science cannot explain.

Trao, moon of Kerbin

Owqtco2.png

"Once a moon similar to Mun, Trao has been struck by a rather large object a long time ago, resulting in a large impact crater on one side of the moon that reaches all the way to the moon's core. The resulting debris either impacted the moon elsewhere, or is still orbiting Kerbin. The impact also caused the moon to spin out of control, so be cautious."

Trao becomes a new moon of Kerbin, it becomes the iconic blue planet's new second moon due to it orbiting further away than the moon, yet not as far out as Minmus. The debris from the impact also formed a ring around Kerbin near Trao's orbit.

Smov and Prolla, moons of Duna

jVBzm61.png

tfA0dxX.png

"Smov is a strange, uneven moon orbiting Duna. For some weird reason it shares it's larger neighbor Ike's pattern of a gray surface with strange, darker areas. One thing is certain, Smov is a lot more bumpy."

"Prolla is a strange moon and the outermost of Duna's three moons. While Smov shares it's colors with Ike, Prolla seems to have colors similar to Duna, with red lowlands and ice-covered highlands. Why Smov and Prolla love cosplaying as the two larger bodies in the Dunaian system is a mystery."

Smov is a smaller, asteroid-like moon while Prolla is about 1.5 times Smov's size, about half as large as Ike. The two moons dominate the outer regions of Duna's sphere of influence, but how the two moons got there in the first place is a mystery.

Dres-1 and Dres-2, the moons that orbit Dres (who would've guessed?)

Vsc2414.png

9yefd3r.png

D-1 and D-2 are two little rocky moons orbiting Dres with the same inclination. D-1 is an icy asteroid, a remnant of the solar system's birth. D-2 is also an asteroid, but is more metallic in composition.

Klan, moon of Jool

mcXvjjK.png

Klan is, without even a shadow of a doubt, the most bizarre moon ever discovered by the Kerbal Astronimcal Society. Nobody truly knows what is going on down there, on its strange and ravaged surface. Be wary, Kerbals.

Froth, moon of Eeloo

wNxt9xN.png

"Froth is a magnificent little ball of ice in orbit around Eeloo. Eons ago a few annoying little asteroids slammed into the icy surface, exposing the moon's inner layers. The debris from this event formed Froth's iconic rings of ice particles. Taking a shard from the rings of Froth is said to bring luck."

A moon that closely resembles the planet it orbits save for the fact that this moon has a set of beautiful rings. The jealous Eeloo has attempted to steal these rings several times, but the rings are in a stable orbit around Froth and are unlikely to leave anytime soon.

Download Stock Planet Expansion

SpaceDock

The S.P.E Team

@SmashingKirby148

- Concept and career integration, project starter

@The White Guardian

- Kopernicus configs, mod compatibilities, textures

Changelog

Version V2.1 [For KSP 1.3.0 and 1.3.1]
- Hotfix related to the Outer Planets Mod compatibility patch. (Thank you, psamathe!)

Version V2.0 [For KSP 1.3.0 and 1.3.1]
- Updated to Kerbal Space Program versions 1.3.0 and 1.3.1
- Slight Grillian and Froth overhaul (though the moons have kept their original style)
- Completely redid Driea, Trao, Smov, Prolla, Dres-1 and Dres-2
- Added a new moon named Klan
- Some under-the-hood changes to reduce lag
- Made the moons much more colorful and diverse
- Terrain texture rework
- Removed some hidden space tacos

Version V1.0 [For KSP 1.1.2]
- Initial release
- Removed Herobrine

Edited by The White Guardian
V2.1 hotfix changelog

9 minutes ago, DarkGod said:

Looks fun!

Annoying question time: will Froth with with OPM (since it relocates Eeloo as a moon of Sarnus) ?

I'll write a patch for when both S.P.E and OPM are installed so that Froth becomes a moon of Neidon, seeing as Sarnus and Urlum already have quite a system of moons, so there's more room around Neidon for another moon.

13 hours ago, Interplanet Janet said:

Any ideas for extra moons of Jool? Like a Callisto analog? Also, will it work with @Xenonclave's planet pack?

Hmm... there are no plans to add any moons to Jool as is, although your comment did make me want to try. In fact, I have already tried, the only thing left to do for it to work is getting the colors to show up properly.

As for your question regarding compatibility, let me underline this: this pack is compatible with all planet mods out there. It'll load up just fine regardless of what pack, although other moon-adding packs may add moons a bit too close to SPE's moons, or stock planets get moved to a position in which SPE's moons would be impossible to orbit realistically resulting in a bugged SOI, but KSP will always load.

30 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Hmm... there are no plans to add any moons to Jool as is, although your comment did make me want to try. In fact, I have already tried, the only thing left to do for it to work is getting the colors to show up properly.

As for your question regarding compatibility, let me underline this: this pack is compatible with all planet mods out there. It'll load up just fine regardless of what pack, although other moon-adding packs may add moons a bit too close to SPE's moons, or stock planets get moved to a position in which SPE's moons would be impossible to orbit realistically resulting in a bugged SOI, but KSP will always load.

I see. Thanks! :)

31 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

The reason I never included a new Joolian moon is because I thought Jool had enough moons. My original concept of this mod was to make the numbers around planets in the game a bit more even, then one planet having no moon and Jool having five. :P

3 minutes ago, AlexTheNotSoGreat said:

I assume that they don't have biome or resource maps yet?

They actually do I think! They do have biomes because @The White Guardian and I are working on the science definitions on each biome. As for resource maps, Idk. I'll have to let him answer that. :P

2 hours ago, Astrofox said:

Um, I hate to be just slightly off topic, but what just happened to the Kopernicus Mod page?

Went looking for it to see what the problem was after you posted this, and... just where the heck did it go?! If it's gone, then...

Nooooooo!!!! ;.;:(:0.0:

3 hours ago, SmashingKirby148 said:

The reason I never included a new Joolian moon is because I thought Jool had enough moons. My original concept of this mod was to make the numbers around planets in the game a bit more even, then one planet having no moon and Jool having five. :P

They actually do I think! They do have biomes because @The White Guardian and I are working on the science definitions on each biome. As for resource maps, Idk. I'll have to let him answer that. :P

That's why I'll discuss with you first whether or not it'll be included in the pack.

@AlexTheNotSoGreat I did make biome maps, but have yet to set up the resources. It's a five minute job though, don't worry.

Also, the Kopernicus thread has returned:

Therefore I'm removing the temporary link.

Edited by The White Guardian

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Vysionone said:

@The White Guardian

When will this mod be updated?

And, will this work with the "Moons Of ____" mods?

It won't be 'updated' considering it hasn't been released yet. It'll be released for 1.1.3 as soon as the ScienceDefs are done, which shouldn't take too long.

The mod will come with compatibility patches for other mods.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.