Sciency cartons

Does is any cartoon, book or media that turn you interest in science.

In my case it was "Poysłowy Dobromir" 

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Animation/PomyslowyDobromir

It's old cartoon from communist Poland, about inquisitive boy who inventing various things, see for yourself, it not used spoken language so anybody can understand it :D

My childhood was mostly suffused with Disney and Warner cartoons. I don't think they did much in the way of science and inventioned themed shows - at least not as more than a vehicle for humor (like the coyote's contraptions for catching Road Runner).

However, there was one other series that stood out in this regard, which was "Once Upon A Time...". It explained a great many things, like the human body worked, or the history of the Earth. Had an extremely catchy title song too. :P Both my sister and I liked it very much.

Edited by Streetwind

50 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

My childhood was mostly suffused with Disney and Warner cartoons. I don't think they did much in the way of science and inventioned themed shows - at least not as more than a vehicle for humor (like the coyote's contraptions for catching Road Runner).

However, there was one other series that stood out in this regard, which was "Once Upon A Time...". It explained a great many things, like the human body worked, or the history of the Earth. Had an extremely catchy title song too. :P Both my sister and I liked it very much.

Once Upon A Time... was great i liked it too :D

Edited by Pawelk198604

3 hours ago, Spaceception said:

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned 'The magic school bus' :)

I remember it was aired in Poland too, as "Magiczny Autobus" it's bring good memories :D

. it's pitty that today kids are deprived decent educational cartoons :(   

24 minutes ago, Pawelk198604 said:

I remember it was aired in Poland too, as "Magiczny Autobus" it's bring good memories :D

. it's pitty that today kids are deprived decent educational cartoons :(   

While they are deprived of decent "educational" cartoons, the cartoons they do get are much better than ever before. They are no longer commercials for toys, like transformers, Ninja Turtles, and the like. But they teach pretty good morals while also retaining silliness. It's a weird balance. 

One of the best villains in any show I've ever seen is Dr. Doofenschmirtz. He's not even an evil guy just to be evil. Heck, he abandons evil so his daughter can work for the good guys. 

I wonder of Gravity Falls counts as a sciency cartoon. It has a lot of theoretical and real physics, such as the Multiverse, space-time fabric, universal phase transitions, the 2nd Dimension, time travel, trans-universal gateways, sci-fi technologyquantum tunneling, hypothetical quantum mechanics, and plasma-based life. It also references Albert Einstein a few times, especially with Bill Cipher.

6 hours ago, Bill Phil said:

While they are deprived of decent "educational" cartoons, the cartoons they do get are much better than ever before. They are no longer commercials for toys, like transformers, Ninja Turtles, and the like. But they teach pretty good morals while also retaining silliness. It's a weird balance. 

One of the best villains in any show I've ever seen is Dr. Doofenschmirtz. He's not even an evil guy just to be evil. Heck, he abandons evil so his daughter can work for the good guys. 

So this Dr. Doofenschmirtz of you was a little bit as this guy? :D

Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1978-Anh.024-03,_P

1 hour ago, Pawelk198604 said:

So this Dr. Doofenschmirtz of you was a little bit as this guy? :D

I'm going to jump in here and say not really.... the guy in the picture was actually smart... Dr. Doof is more of a brilliant idiot  :sticktongue:

But the cartoon itself, Phineas and Ferb, is surprisingly brilliant, and I have to admit being a huge fan myself.  It may often bend the rules of science into pretzels, but it's definitely is an inspirational cartoon to go out and do sciency stuff instead of sitting around all summer being bored.

And it's one of those rare cartoons that occasionally writes in oddball stuff only older adult geeks would get.  There have been a couple times Dr. Doof himself broke the 4th wall, looked directly at the camera (so to speak) and said, "Look it up, kids..."   hehehe   :D

Edited by Just Jim

Scooby Doo, about the only cartoon I watched as a kid.  No it wasn't about science but it was the only one I had access to where they tried to think though problems and find out what was going on and actually solve a mystery.  Really though the original Star Trek was what influenced me.

On 27/05/2016 at 3:25 AM, Just Jim said:

And it's one of those rare cartoons that occasionally writes in oddball stuff only older adult geeks would get.

It is not that rare. Seriously, go re-watch your childhood favourites. You are bound to find plenty of innuendo and other mature fun that you totally missed when you were younger. Most shows have that, probably to make them palatable to both the parents and the people making them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.