[1.11.2] B9PartSwitch v2.18.0 (March 17)

blowfish

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Will this work, and if not, what should be done?

Are those values uses as-is in update calculations, or is there some initialization that happens based on them (I'm guessing finding the celestial body).  What methods does that initialization happen in (load, start, ...).  Is this intended to be switched in flight or just in the editor?

49 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is there any way to specify custom Drag Cubes rather than having them recalculated?

Currently no, I've heard some requests for this but the drag cube code is so painful to work with I just haven't found the motivation to do it yet.

3 hours ago, blowfish said:

Are those values uses as-is in update calculations, or is there some initialization that happens based on them (I'm guessing finding the celestial body).  What methods does that initialization happen in (load, start, ...).  Is this intended to be switched in flight or just in the editor

Only in the editor.  I have three different parameters in three different modules:

• size
  • planet
  • payload

These are used to look up some information in a table to set the parameters of the part (balloons in the KerBalloon mod which I’m updating.  I’m using these three values to replace 36 individual parts with a universal part.

Right now I'm looking at the values in FixedUpdate(), and if they've changed, then I do my lookup.

3 hours ago, blowfish said:

Currently no, I've heard some requests for this but the drag cube code is so painful to work with I just haven't found the motivation to do it yet.

Not a problem, thanks..

Finally, is there any way to restrict which values are available based on tech tree nodes?  I can restrict it in the editor, but would be nicer if it was configurable.  Would be fine if there was some way the mod could tell B9 how many in each module to allow (ie: first 2 of 4, etc)

Edit:  It seems to be working fine in the Editor, last issue I need to figure out is the tech tree question

Edited by linuxgurugamer

@blowfish

Is there any way to have multiple "upgradeRequired" lines, where the second depends on the first?

Here is my problem:

I have 4 .mu files, one for each size from Size0 to Size3

There are 4 planets the parts will work on.  For each planet, the required technology is different for each size.  Also, each planet has a different texture for the part.

For example, for Size1 the required technology for each planet is:

• Kerbin - engineering101
  • Duna - aerodynamicSystems
  • Eve - aerodynamicSystems
  • Laythe - aerodynamicSystems

It gets more complicated the larger the size.

Is there a way that a part module can tell B9 for a specific moduleID, which subtype to switch to?  I can do this fairly easily in code, as long as the first selection is done by B9.  But I can see it getting very complicated if doing it in config files.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays

Pardon me for possibly derailing the thread with this question: @linuxgurugamer Why does Kerballoons need to be sensitive to what planet it's used on? If I assume the correct answer, I can suggest something that'll save you a lot of trouble with B9 but will require some potential Kopernicus integration instead.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is there a way that a part module can tell B9 for a specific moduleID, which subtype to switch to?  I can do this fairly easily in code, as long as the first selection is done by B9.  But I can see it getting very complicated if doing it in config files.

Just got this working

44 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Pardon me for possibly derailing the thread with this question: @linuxgurugamer Why does Kerballoons need to be sensitive to what planet it's used on? If I assume the correct answer, I can suggest something that'll save you a lot of trouble with B9 but will require some potential Kopernicus integration instead.

I think it's more a matter of gravity, pressure, etc.  The mod as last done by @Fengist had 36 parts, one for each possible variation.  I've combined them into one, and am now able to control the B9 from code.

And no offense, but I don't want to make this dependent on Kopernicus.

@linuxgurugamer Ah, no problem. No offense taken. What I was going to suggest, which sounds appropriate, is that (when possible) you could read the atmosphere molar mass value from the planets and calculate your lift and buoyancy based on that vs the molar mass of whatever lifting gas you use. This is where "being lighter than air" actualy happens. Avoiding the dependency on Kopernicus, KerBalloons could have a field, per planet, that needs to be manually filled in with the molar mass value.

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

@linuxgurugamer Ah, no problem. No offense taken. What I was going to suggest, which sounds appropriate, is that (when possible) you could read the atmosphere molar mass value from the planets and calculate your lift and buoyancy based on that vs the molar mass of whatever lifting gas you use. This is where "being lighter than air" actualy happens. Avoiding the dependency on Kopernicus, KerBalloons could have a field, per planet, that needs to be manually filled in with the molar mass value.

That would be nice, but beyond the scope of the adoption at this time.

I am getting a “Serious Warning” pop up on startup of ksp. It says “Duplicared subtype names found on moduleb9partswitch... on part: structural, lfo, lf, ox, mo, lh2, lh2o 

it then says that 2 more times for different module IDs for B9partswitch, the 3 ids are ENmix, ENfuel, and ENsupp. Each listing though has progressively fewer subtypes listed, with the 3rd only listing “structural.”

8 hours ago, alexv86 said:

I am getting a “Serious Warning” pop up on startup of ksp. It says “Duplicared subtype names found on moduleb9partswitch... on part: structural, lfo, lf, ox, mo, lh2, lh2o 

it then says that 2 more times for different module IDs for B9partswitch, the 3 ids are ENmix, ENfuel, and ENsupp. Each listing though has progressively fewer subtypes listed, with the 3rd only listing “structural.”

need to see the log to know which parts are misconfigured

@blowfish I know that problem. It's unique to KSP 1.11. I've been getting this overall impression that either B9PS or MM is improperly noticing  or acting on changes to patches, so these duplicates are happening. That said, a problem I had with B9PS in 1.10 seems to be gone now.

That said, I think I've still been using B9PS 2.16. I wasn't aware of 2.17 until just now.

Edited by JadeOfMaar
derp. TIL that B9PS 2.17 existed

19 hours ago, blowfish said:

need to see the log to know which parts are misconfigured

Appy - poly - logies

Log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AJVzKj25edEIKkeXfvcC6VuOL4nzGSne/view?usp=sharing

And a screen shot:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z5xJAZyYtKoSjDWvwxWGTucY6aVf_h_Z/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide to help.

Edited by alexv86
Got a little carried away with the copy/paste

Have a problem.    Have 4 .mu files, all the same except for the size:

MODEL
	{
		model = KerBalloons/Parts/UniversalBalloon/balloon0625
	}
	MODEL
	{
		model = KerBalloons/Parts/UniversalBalloon/balloon125
	}
	MODEL
	{
		model = KerBalloons/Parts/UniversalBalloon/balloon25
	}
	MODEL
	{
		model = KerBalloons/Parts/UniversalBalloon/balloon375
	}

From what I can tell, they are essentially identical except for their size.

They all have the same structures inside, except that the part in each is a different name.

The mod needs to get a specific object in the model, using the following command:

balloonObject = getChildGameObject(this.part.gameObject, CFGballoonObject);

The problem is that it appears to get the object from the first model, which is inactive if any other has been selected, therefore the animation done on it isn't visible.  Is there any way with B9 to have this work properly, or am I going to have to change the names in all the .mu files so they can be accessed uniquely?

Thanks

Edit:  Alternatively, is there a way to change the size of a part in the subtypes?  If that could be done, then I could use just a single part

Edit 2:  I may be able to modify the method getChildGameObject to get the succeeding objects

Edit 3:  As usually happens, after I wrote all this, I was able to make the method getChildGameObject() do what I want.  But still curious about being able to change the size in different subtypes

Edited by linuxgurugamer

14 hours ago, DaOPCreeper said:

when are we getting 1.11?

There is no more sure fire of a way to get a negative response on these forums than to impolitely demand information on a mod update. Even politely doing so is generally frowned upon. Mod makers are basically sharing something they made for themselves which just happens to be popular for other people and that they do it at all should be good enough for anyone. That said, a much better question for this situation would be:

Has anyone tried this with 1.11 and have they found any issue with it?

Edited by SpacedInvader

On 1/3/2021 at 7:26 PM, alexv86 said:

Appy - poly - logies

Thanks

@JadeOfMaararen't these two patches conflicting in the absence of ClassicStock?

https://github.com/JPLRepo/Endurance/blob/master/Distribution/GameData/Endurance/Patches/B9PS.cfg#L251

https://github.com/JadeOfMaar/EnduranceReconfig/blob/master/GameData/EnduranceReconfig/B9PS.cfg#L195

On 1/4/2021 at 5:31 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

As usually happens, after I wrote all this, I was able to make the method getChildGameObject() do what I want.  But still curious about being able to change the size in different subtypes

This is already working

PART
{
    // ...
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
        // ...
        SUBTYPE
        {
            // ...
            TRANSFORM
            {
                name = whatever
                scaleOffset = 2 // multiplies that object's scale, accepts a single number for all 3 axes or 3 numbers for different axis scaling
            }
        }
    }
}

1 hour ago, Messeno said:

Hi, I tried to install the mod in 1.11 but it gives me this problem   can someone help me?

You need to provide a log file.  But offhand, my guess is that it looks like you might have conflicting mods.

See my sig below for info on how to get the log file

20 hours ago, blowfish said:

PART
{
    // ...
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
        // ...
        SUBTYPE
        {
            // ...
            TRANSFORM
            {
                name = whatever
                scaleOffset = 2 // multiplies that object's scale, accepts a single number for all 3 axes or 3 numbers for different axis scaling
            }
        }
    }
}

Worked perfectly, thank you!

20 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@alexv86 @blowfish Endurance Reconfig is discontinued since it was merged into Endurance for its KSP 1.10 update. No one should be using it in KSP 1.10+

I was able to get the b9 part switch shutdown to stop when I removed the two Tundra mods from my game, and then everything worked swell. I installed the latest Tundra update the other day and the problem returned.

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You need to provide a log file.  But offhand, my guess is that it looks like you might have conflicting mods.

See my sig below for info on how to get the log file

thanks for the help, through your log tutorial I realized that there was a conflict with the Bluedog Design Bureau mod which goes bad with 1.11. I ask you a question as I see that you are very experienced in your opinion which is the best version of kps to play currently?

8 hours ago, flart said:

[ERR 13:35:02.433] [ERROR] [Part UtilityWeight.OsmiumTank] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'B9PartSwitchSize'] 
Cannot reassign cube weights: had 1 cubes before but now have 2

Can it be fixed in the config, or it's about the model?

https://github.com/yalov/UtilityWeight/tree/master/GameData/UtilityWeight/Patches

my guess is that ModulePartVariants is messing with it somehow, would it be acceptable to have drag cubes not affected by B9PartSwitch switching?

25 minutes ago, blowfish said:

would it be acceptable to have drag cubes not affected by B9PartSwitch switching?

B9PartSwitchSize resizes the part, so drag cubes better to be resized accordingly to the part.

Other b9partswitches have affectdragcubes = false