[1.11.2] B9PartSwitch v2.18.0 (March 17)

blowfish

34 minutes ago, mortiferus93 said:

Ok, apparently CKAN doesn't install ModuleManager correctly...

I manually installed ModuleManager and it worked like a charm

Thanks!!

Well, that's not entirely true and an unfair comment.  CKAN MM installation works in the vast majority of normal cases but things can go wrong with outdated mods, reinstalls, accidental deletions, etc.

B9PartSwitch v2.16.0 for KSP 1.9.1

• Fix description of attach node mover (SUBTYPE -> NODE -> positionOffset) for error messages
  • Allow node size to be modified
    • SUBTYPE -> NODE -> size
    • Takes an integer
    • Will scale with TweakScale (and round to the nearest integer)
  • Allow more flexible name matching in many places
    • If it starts and ends with /, treat it as a regular expression
    • If it contains * or ?, treat those as wildcards (anything or one character respectively)
    • Otherwise treat it as a normal string
      • If it starts with \, the next character is /, and it ends with /, eliminate the leading \
    • Implemented in the following places:
      • attach node modifier node name (SUBTYPE -> NODE -> name)
      • transform toggle name (SUBTYPE -> transform)
      • node toggler name (SUBTYPE -> node)
      • material modifier transform names (SUBTYPE -> MATERIAL -> transform/baseTransform)
      • texture modifier transform names (SUBTYPE -> TEXTURE -> transform/baseTransform)
      • module modifier name (SUBTYPE -> MODULE -> IDENTIFIER -> name)
      • transform modifier transform names (SUBTYPE -> TRANSFORM -> name)
  • Implement custom handling for ModuleRCSFX
    • Disable unused effects when switching based on runningEffectName
  • Fix transforms not getting shown/hidden properly after another module updates the model
  • Allow ModuleB9PartSwitch to have its fields and events placed in a group:
    • uiGroupName - unique identifier of the group
    • uiGroupDisplayName - human readable name of the group to show in the UI
  • New module for assigning PAW groups on other modules: ModuleB9AssignUiGroups
    • takes one or more MODULE nodes that each identify a module to have its UI group assigned
      • each one must have an IDENTIFIER node to identify the module
        • it must have a name which is the name of the module (wildcards and regex are allowed)
        • it can have any other fields that uniquely identify the module
        • This is the same as the IDENTIFIER in a module switcher
    • only applies to fields/events that don't already have a group
    • Cannot apply to ModuleB9PartSwitchModuleB9PartInfoModuleB9AssignUiGroups (itself), or ModuleSimpleAdjustableFairing

3 hours ago, blowfish said:
  • New module for assigning PAW groups on other modules: ModuleB9AssignUiGroups
    • takes one or more MODULE nodes that each identify a module to have its UI group assigned
      • each one must have an IDENTIFIER node to identify the module
        • it must have a name which is the name of the module (wildcards and regex are allowed)
        • it can have any other fields that uniquely identify the module
        • This is the same as the IDENTIFIER in a module switcher
    • only applies to fields/events that don't already have a group
    • Cannot apply to ModuleB9PartSwitchModuleB9PartInfoModuleB9AssignUiGroups (itself), or ModuleSimpleAdjustableFairing

Oh! This has possibilities. 

On 3/29/2020 at 1:50 AM, blowfish said:

Looking at the MkIV system configs, this could happen if you have CryoTanks installed but not CommunityResourcePack (which is a dependency of CryoTanks).  Or some other installation issue related to those two mods.  The full log after this fatal error happened would tell me exactly what's wrong.

Sorry, just saw the reply. I'd also brought this issue up to the dev of MKIV Spaceplane mod and found out it was because of CryoTanks core. Not sure why I had that installed, so it seems the issue was a loose nut in front of my keyboard... But hey, problem solved, so yay.

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting this error now and am not sure if it is from Stockalike Station Parts Redux or B9 Parts Switcher...nothing is showing up in the log file as its asking me to check unless there is a different log somewhere else.
https://gyazo.com/a0e261835483a9248978f06f4644e1c9

https://gyazo.com/e2710009f747c0eb0feaf4f904355499

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

At this time I am going to say it might not be a B9 issue but might be a Stockalike Station Parts Redux error.

Edited by reschke

Any chance someone has played around with the new ModuleB9AssignUIGroups stuff and has a working example they would be willing to post?

More of a curiosity than anything I'm trying to use at this moment, but seems like something that could be useful.

On 4/8/2020 at 8:10 PM, reschke said:

I am getting this error now and am not sure if it is from Stockalike Station Parts Redux or B9 Parts Switcher...nothing is showing up in the log file as its asking me to check unless there is a different log somewhere else.
https://gyazo.com/a0e261835483a9248978f06f4644e1c9

https://gyazo.com/e2710009f747c0eb0feaf4f904355499

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

At this time I am going to say it might not be a B9 issue but might be a Stockalike Station Parts Redux error.

im getting a fatal error with b9 as well, which sucks, because not having b9 breaks the majority of my ships

10 minutes ago, crash087 said:

im getting a fatal error with b9 as well, which sucks, because not having b9 breaks the majority of my ships

I don't think its B9's fault or even Stockalike Station Parts on my end....I most likely had a corrupted installation of KSP which was really jacked up because I ended up wiping the drive it was on and starting over.

4 hours ago, si2504 said:

When my KSP is loading, I get a "B9Partswitch serious warning".

Any idea what causes this?

As it says in the dialog, please see the log for details.  Usually another mod has some bad configuration.

Edited by blowfish

so something is causing a fatal error in B9Partswitch for me.

the mods in my Gamedata list are a combination of mods installed through CKAN, and manually from the forums, and I thought I knew what the culprit was from the error popup, but the screenshot I made was after I removed said mod so I guess there's more to this than I hoped

my game version is 1.8.1

logs:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uwxFe_k7FfvNyiUKIIGaux4uWENZZBAL

error popup:

unknown.png

I hope these are the things you need, I'm about the furthest thing from good with computers and programs so I tend to mess up even when getting help from people who actually know what they're even looking at

19 minutes ago, DodoOnTheMün said:

so something is causing a fatal error in B9Partswitch for me.

the mods in my Gamedata list are a combination of mods installed through CKAN, and manually from the forums, and I thought I knew what the culprit was from the error popup, but the screenshot I made was after I removed said mod so I guess there's more to this than I hoped

my game version is 1.8.1

logs:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uwxFe_k7FfvNyiUKIIGaux4uWENZZBAL

error popup:

unknown.png

I hope these are the things you need, I'm about the furthest thing from good with computers and programs so I tend to mess up even when getting help from people who actually know what they're even looking at

SCRocketParts - that should be SimpleConstruction! -

do you have its dependency installed?

Spoiler

B9_TANK_TYPE:NEEDS[CommunityResourcePack,SimpleConstruction]
{
	name = SCRocketParts
	title = RocketParts
	tankMass = 0.0005
	tankCost = 100
	percentFilled = 100
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = RocketParts
		unitsPerVolume = 2
	}
}

I recognised SCRocketParts, and decided to just remove SimpleConstruction (I never made use of it anyways, might aswell speed up my load time), but I still got this crash report after I deleted it (the screenshot was made after I uninstalled it)

I just checked CKAN again, and it said I apparently still have it installed so I guess something went wrong while uninstalling, I just uninstalled it through CKAN again,

let's see if it works now...

edit: it works, I guess CKAN just failed to uninstall it properly 6 times in a row...

Edited by DodoOnTheMün
status update

and :doh: I see that I had it listed as a suggests - not as a needs. correcting it now in CKAN and elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, DodoOnTheMün said:

I recognised SCRocketParts, and decided to just remove SimpleConstruction (I never made use of it anyways, might aswell speed up my load time), but I still got this crash report after I deleted it (the screenshot was made after I uninstalled it)

I just checked CKAN again, and it said I apparently still have it installed so I guess something went wrong while uninstalling, I just uninstalled it through CKAN again,

let's see if it works now...

if all else - manually delete both the GameData/SimpleConstruction and the GameData/ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads folders

Hello everyone. i have a strange bug. it can be related to B9PartSwitch, but I'm not sure because I have a lot of mods installed. So I need to know if I'm alone or not. 
The way to reproduce:
1) Build something in VAB
2) Launch it
3) Go to KSC via menu
4) Now go to VAB again.
Now everytime I hover mouse over any stock part with variants - game freezes for a short time. Mod parts and stock parts without any variants are unaffected. changing part categories can freeze game for minute or two. The only way to cure it now is to restart KSP. Sometimes freezes are heavy - game just stucks here and eats all RAM - something leaks, but I can't figure out what exactly. Nothing criminal in MM and KSP logs.
I have Win10x64 with all new libraries and .NET frameworks, KSP 1.8.1 with both DLCs, 8-core 3 GHz CPU, 32Gb RAM, NVMe SSD and 2Gb GTX760 gfx card.
1) Can it be related to KSP version? I use B9PS v2.16.0 with KSP 1.8.1  - waiting for Kopernicus to update
2) Can it be related to MM patches or something? right now it shows me that I have ~4600 patches on game load. Freezes were heavier before I removed PartInfo mod - it was around 6500 patches with it. And it was almost unplayable before I removed Superfluous Nodes, some Custom Category Kit confis I don't need, old Talisar Spherical Tanks pack and 3-4 Mk2 and Mk3 modpacks - I had around 11000 patches at that time.. Personaly, i don't think it's a source of problem - KSP didn't even use all availiable RAM, and I had 6-8 Gb free in worst cases.
3) Can it be related to B9PartSwitch somehow? As I said before, game freezes only when I hover over stock parts with variants. ReStock, for example.
I can make video if needed.

----

Never mind. I figured out that problem happens not with B9PartSwitch-related variants, but with parts with stock-alike colour scheme variants. Not only Squad parts, but Oscar-C/D/E tanks from ReStock and SpaceY tanks are affected. Strangely, Universal Storage parts, like wedge format LF tanks and Mono tanks are not affected. They have 'change colour' icon, but it changes whole part, and they never freeze game. 

Edited by SuppaTenko

I'm trying this module disable thing, with FSanimateGeneric, on 1.73.

Here what i triet, but no effect reach.

@PART[O_cockpit]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
		moduleID = cockpit_type
		switcherDescription = Cockpit Type
		affectDragCubes = false
		affectFARVoxels = false
		baseVolume = 1048

SUBTYPE
		{
			name = Cockpit_closed
			transform = cockpit_one
			tankType = Cockpit_closed
		}

SUBTYPE
		{
			name = Cockpit_open
			transform = cockpit_open
			tankType = Cockpit_open
			MODULE
			{
				name = FSanimateGeneric
				moduleActive = false
			}
		}
	}
}

No effect to disable Animation when in Cockpit_open. But the config works for everything else. So, i did it wrong? (on Module inside SUBTYPE?)

Edited by Climberfx

12 hours ago, Climberfx said:

I'm trying this module disable thing, with FSanimateGeneric, on 1.73.

There are two problems with what you're trying to accomplish:

1. KSP has changed in a very major way at version 1.8, as @blowfish has pointed out.
  2. That animation module is not stock and is part of an opposing mod that provides mesh and fuel switching. You're better off using the stock animation module as the stock one is definitely supported (as in the highly versatile Modular Launchpads mod where many parts have several parallel animations in them). Therefore, I highly recommend you download it, mess around a bit, and study its configs.

@JadeOfMaarThe stock ModuleAnimateGeneric is pretty limited at what it can do; that Firespitter one (I presume, from the FS) may have more features.

In any case, I was able to disable stock animation modules with B9PS when a subtype was switched to "Off" (the associated deploy limit sliders disappeared) but they didn't turn back on for the "on" subtypes, so I have put that aside for now.

Yes, @AlphaMensae, FSanimateGeneric has soundfx and better controls for speed, and reverse when playing stuff.

But already tried it with ModuleAnimateGeneric @JadeOfMaar, and both came with the same results: It remove completely the button to open and close the hack, in both variants, open and closed.

All other part of the code are working fine, it changes the 3d model part, and put and remove TAC life resources accordingly (i put this part on B9_PartSwitch).

And I'm running all with the latest mod updates and KSP 1.9.1, and still the same, the animation vanishes on both options completely.

//Cockpit Switch Type One (closed) to Open

@PART[O_cockpit_one]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
		moduleID = cockpit_type
		switcherDescription = Cockpit Type
		affectDragCubes = false
		affectFARVoxels = false
		baseVolume = 1048

SUBTYPE
		{
			name = Cockpit_closed
			transform = cockpit_one
			tankType = Cockpit_closed
    		MODULE
    		{
        		IDENTIFIER
        		{
            		name = FSanimateGeneric
        		}
        		moduleActive = True  //This part of the code i put after first test without, knowing it should go back to original config of the part
    		}
		}

SUBTYPE
		{
			name = Cockpit_open
			transform = cockpit_open
			tankType = Cockpit_open
    		MODULE
    		{
        		IDENTIFIER
        		{
            		name = FSanimateGeneric
        		}
        		moduleActive = False
    		}
		}
	}
}

Thank you all until here.

I'm checking the suggested mod @JadeOfMaar, let you know here...

Any other suggestion?

Edited by Climberfx

I checked ModularLaunchPads , and it have a lot of variants on a lot of parts, but in the same part, all the variants have the same animation names/modules. I didn't see anyone that trigger on/off any of it's animations.

So, i believe it's happening what @AlphaMensae told, once you change to the type that removes the animation from context menu, when you come back, it won't enable it again.

And here, it always start on the Opened variant, that don't have animation, so, here, i never show of the button to open/close door.