[1.11.2] B9PartSwitch v2.18.0 (March 17)

blowfish

55 minutes ago, code99 said:

@hemeac I dont recognize what mod you are refering to "BDB" and "JNSQ". Sorry, ive been away from ksp and its modding community for a long time. 

I dont have kopernicus installed but i did have Kerbalism installed, i removed it and its working fine now, thanks.

@code99, BDB is Bluedog Design Bureau, that is the mod that had the parts that were referenced in your screenshot.  JNSQ is a planet pack mod.  I had missed your log earlier when I wrote the message.   If you do install Kerbalism again, the error is not fatal, but you may just have a couple of solar panels that don't work as intended.  The next time that BDB is updated, that should fix the issue.

13 minutes ago, hemeac said:

@code99, BDB is Bluedog Design Bureau, that is the mod that had the parts that were referenced in your screenshot.  JNSQ is a planet pack mod.  I had missed your log earlier when I wrote the message.   If you do install Kerbalism again, the error is not fatal, but you may just have a couple of solar panels that don't work as intended.  The next time that BDB is updated, that should fix the issue.

Right, thank you!

For now ive switched to TAC Life support instead of kerbalism.

Hi @blowfish, I have the problem with the utility-weight.
The part has stock Variant switcher (patch), that changes only masses, and B9PS, that changes size and moves nodes (patch).
The problem that if user change size, and then change mass, nodes goes wrong. Are there some compatibility issue between B9PS and stock Variants?

Edited by flart

On 11/24/2020 at 7:56 AM, flart said:

Hi @blowfish, I have the problem with the utility-weight.
The part has stock Variant switcher (patch), that changes only masses, and B9PS, that changes size and moves nodes (patch).
The problem that if user change size, and then change mass, nodes goes wrong. Are there some compatibility issue between B9PS and stock Variants?

My guess is that the stock switcher is messing with nodes even though it's not actually managing them.  Hard to say though since that logic is not public.

Hi, I am facing some issues with B9 part switch. It gives me a fatal error warning. Image of the warning, game data folder and log are all below. Help is very much appreciated. thanks.

Link to Game Data folder: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j_1tVf5py3vODkfkJ9JcJd1D-GPFOLdg/view?usp=sharing

Link to KSP.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TEB3oThhHg9LiGkuAJRAFoZcNb80KX0W/view?usp=sharing

Link to warning image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kz0eFy6Lmu6LlaLs-9q9Tkyt8ZC6zzeT/view?usp=sharing

@Lokesh_Mars_Gen, thanks for posting all of that, that is really helpful.  I have looked at the link to your gamedata folder and there are a lot of mods that are installed incorrectly as well as some mods that are incompatible.  A lot of the folders that have numbers in them likely have a GameData subfolder inside.  You want the folder(s) that are in those folders to be within SteamFolders/Kerbal Space Program/GameData.  In addition, it looks like you have both MKS and Kerbalism.  Those are currently incompatible.  If you are not sure, it may be helpful to use CKAN as the mod authors are generally good at marking mods that are incompatible and it will help with installation.

6 minutes ago, hemeac said:

@Lokesh_Mars_Gen, thanks for posting all of that, that is really helpful.  I have looked at the link to your gamedata folder and there are a lot of mods that are installed incorrectly as well as some mods that are incompatible.  A lot of the folders that have numbers in them likely have a GameData subfolder inside.  You want the folder(s) that are in those folders to be within SteamFolders/Kerbal Space Program/GameData.  In addition, it looks like you have both MKS and Kerbalism.  Those are currently incompatible.  If you are not sure, it may be helpful to use CKAN as the mod authors are generally good at marking mods that are incompatible and it will help with installation.

Thanks for the input. I just switched coms, so I just decided to copy and paste the mods from my old com. Thanks a lot though.

I have a large B9 error list popping up when I have BDB(Bluedog Design Bureau) installed. I have tested it also with a clean install of KSP. Same problem.

KSP 1.8.1
B9 Part Switch 2.14.0
BDB 1.7.1
Module manager 4.1.4
and all the other prerequisite mods

KSP.log (Clean install, only BDB and B9)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10C-Y8Z9fx4C2Ap4xToo6E8aOxxhd5W4v/view?usp=sharing

KSP.log(RSS Playthrough)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DdzE7lqchK-NKIL9Jgt6tUM1bfWQnBn9/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Pointblank66

@blowfish 

MODULE - Allows other modules to be modified
Please note that this feature is highly experimental, please talk to me before trying to use it

Can I make https://github.com/yalov/UtilityWeight/blob/master/GameData/UtilityWeight/Patches/patchHelpfulModules.cfg as switchable variant?
"Structural (default)" - no additional modules, and "Probe" - ModuleCommand, ModuleSAS, ModuleReactionWheel, ModuleDataTransmitter.

Another thing, can we have an option to show a name of a selected variant in the flight in the PAW?
Without the switchInFlight it would be "switcherDescription = SUBTYPEname", with the switchInFlight — the button "Select switcherDescription (SUBTYPEname)"

16 hours ago, flart said:

Can I make https://github.com/yalov/UtilityWeight/blob/master/GameData/UtilityWeight/Patches/patchHelpfulModules.cfg as switchable variant?
"Structural (default)" - no additional modules, and "Probe" - ModuleCommand, ModuleSAS, ModuleReactionWheel, ModuleDataTransmitter.

It's hit or miss how particular modules are going to react to being disabled.  ModuleCommand and ModuleDataTransmitter in particular have interactions with other parts of KSP that might not respect that.  You're welcome to try of course.

16 hours ago, flart said:

Another thing, can we have an option to show a name of a selected variant in the flight in the PAW?
Without the switchInFlight it would be "switcherDescription = SUBTYPEname", with the switchInFlight — the button "Select switcherDescription (SUBTYPEname)"

What information needs to be presented to the user in flight here?

6 hours ago, blowfish said:

What information needs to be presented to the user in flight here?

it is <name_of_subtype>.

There are two cases, switchInFlight = true, and switchInFlight = false.

in the case  switchInFlight = false, user can't switch it and it is only a string. 
I see it like <switcherDescription>  field and <name_of_subtype> value, so user will get "<switcherDescription>  = <name_of_subtype>", for example Type = Structural string.

in the case switchInFlight = true, there is already button "Select <switcherDescription >" (Select Type), after clicking, you could see that variant is chosen, I propose to add current variant to string of that button. "Select <switcherDescription > (Structural)". Example - Select Type (Structural)

3 hours ago, blowfish said:

I guess I was more wondering how the user might use that information.

I would use it for the Utility Weight, so user could check in the flight that mass is right. Also someone used it as "counterweight for centrifugal stations", where it also would be helpful.

On 12/9/2020 at 3:38 PM, flart said:

I would use it for the Utility Weight, so user could check in the flight that mass is right. Also someone used it as "counterweight for centrifugal stations", where it also would be helpful.

What would the user do with that information though?  If you're already in flight then it's locked in and there's nothing you can do aboiut it.

Just trying to understand the full extent of the user interaction you're trying to support here.

9 hours ago, dbozby said:

Hello I am novice to mods I tried to install but I have a problem with B9 Partswich as soon as I want to run ksp with this mod I have this error message:

https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/50/o6rz.png

As the message says I will need the full log to debug.  Most likely some mod depending on B9PartSwitch is installed incorrectly or is missing a dependency.

12 hours ago, blowfish said:

If you're already in flight then it's locked in and there's nothing you can do about it.

but you can double-check in flight that at least B9Switch was set right in the case of a problem.
I can't find the message what I was referring to, but it was about having several utility parts without possibility to double-check which is which in the flight. 

[ERR 12:56:28.589] [SwitcherSubtypeDescriptionGenerator] decription has trailing whitespace: 1

The error is appears with the addedCost = 0 variant

UPD.
probably because of missing 0 in the autogenerated description

JbnGvyv.jpeg

https://github.com/yalov/UtilityWeight/blob/master/GameData/UtilityWeight/Patches/3Cost_B9PartSwitch.cfg

Edited by flart

@blowfish

I need to be able to change a value in another module.  Your docs on github say this:

MODULE - Allows other modules to be modified

• Please note that this feature is highly experimental, please talk to me before trying to use it
  • IDENTIFIER - node that contains data used to identify the module being modified
    • name - value is required, this is the subtype name
    • Any other values can be used to identify the module, e.g. engineID, experimentID
  • DATA - node containing data to be loaded into the target module
  • moduleActive - if set to false, disable this module when this particular subtype is active

so, I'm contacting you as requested.  I need to be able to set (preferably) an int  or a string to one of four values.  Based on the docs, I came up with this:

In the module ModuleKerBalloon, I have the following two variables:

[KSPField(isPersistant = false, guiActiveEditor =true)]
        public int selectedPlanet = 0;

[KSPField(isPersistant = false, guiActiveEditor =true)]
        public string selectedPlanetName = "";

and the B9 config:

Spoiler

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
		moduleID = planetSwitch
		switcherDescription = Planet Switch

SUBTYPE
		{
			name = Kerbin

MODULE
			{
				IDENTIFIER
				{
					name = ModuleKerBalloon
				}
				DATA
				{
					selectedPlanet = 1
					selectedPlanetName = Kerbin
				}

}
		}
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = Duna

MODULE
			{
				IDENTIFIER
				{
					name = ModuleKerBalloon
				}
				DATA
				{
					selectedPlanet = 2
					selectedPlanetName = Duna
				}

}
		}
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = Laythe

MODULE
			{
				IDENTIFIER
				{
					name = ModuleKerBalloon
				}
				DATA
				{
					selectedPlanet = 3
					selectedPlanetName = Laythe
				}

}
		}
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = Eve

MODULE
			{
				IDENTIFIER
				{
					name = ModuleKerBalloon
				}
				DATA
				{
					selectedPlanet = 4
					selectedPlanetName = Eve
				}

}
		}

}

Will this work, and if not, what should be done?