[1.11.2] B9PartSwitch v2.18.0 (March 17)

blowfish

3 hours ago, sh_temp_el said:

Hi, please help with the error ..

Here is the log and screenshot of error    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EfVzO2aJbqKTiwxrWJPOg9UP82mLxT3r?usp=sharing

Thanks

It looks like WildBlueIndustries/ClassicStockResources/Templates/Utility/ModExists.cfg is telling ModuleManager that ClassicStock is installed but it is not (and other patches are being inconsistent because of that.

@JadeOfMaarcould maybe give a more detailed answer about how these things are supposed to be installed?

14 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Похоже, WildBlueIndustries / ClassicStockResources / Templates / Utility / ModExists.cfg сообщает ModuleManager, что ClassicStock установлен, но это не так (и из-за этого другие патчи несовместимы.

@JadeOfMaarМожет быть, можно было бы дать более подробный ответ о том, как эти вещи должны быть установлены?

Простите боюсь я вас не совсем понял...( мой английский очень плох(..

@sh_temp_el I need you to try this:

• Make sure to install WildBlueIndustries/ClassicStockResources/ this should be present in any of Angel-125's mods.
  • Remove and reinstall Rational Resources, Endurance and the WildBlueIndustries mods.
  • Uninstall Endurance Reconfig. It's a dead mod now. It has been absorbed into Endurance.
  • Uninstall Rational Resources Kerbalism (you don't have Kerbalism installed, apparently).
  • Open GameData/WBIPlayMode.cfg and change its one value from "Classic Stock" to "CRP", then restart KSP.
  • Make sure to read and find the dependencies of zer0kerbal's mods, or try to do without them.

@blowfish This is a very odd situation as far as I see. The WBI mods must be set to Cclassic Stock but should be set to CRP since CRP is installed, but Classic Stock itself seems to be mising. I will do what I can to protect my mods from this weird situation happening again.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@sh_temp_el Мне нужно, чтобы вы попробовали это:

• Обязательно установите WildBlueIndustries / ClassicStockResources /, он должен присутствовать в любом из модов Angel-125.
  • Удалите и переустановите моды Rational Resources, Endurance и WildBlueIndustries.
  • Удалите Endurance Reconfig. Теперь это мертвый мод. Он был поглощен Endurance.
  • Удалите Rational Resources Kerbalism (очевидно, у вас не установлен Kerbalism).
  • Откройте GameData / WBIPlayMode.cfg и измените его одно значение с «Classic Stock» на «CRP», затем перезапустите KSP.
  • Обязательно прочтите и найдите зависимости модов zer0kerbal или попробуйте обойтись без них.

@blowfishНасколько я понимаю, это очень странная ситуация. Моды WBI должны быть установлены на Cclassic Stock, но должны быть установлены на CRP, поскольку CRP установлен, но сам классический Stock, похоже, не работает. Я сделаю все возможное, чтобы защитить свои моды от этой странной ситуации, которая может повториться снова.

Thank you so much!!! I'll try tomorrow and write, although I checked Classic Stock Resources I have installed... 

I get errors in VAB whenever I touch something. The error that appears on screen is related to B9 Part switch but since it's dependecy for many other mods I don't know the cause.
Checking ksp.log I see also TweakScale in the errors.

[EXC 03:20:30.085] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    TweakScale.TweakScale.IPartMassModifier.GetModuleMass (System.Single defaultMass, ModifierStagingSituation situation) (at <6c196c229b7b407390d4d14556b33c91>:0)
    Part.GetModuleMass (System.Single defaultMass, ModifierStagingSituation sit) (at <2afc64dea36946459d4707808bdac511>:0)
    B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartInfo.UpdateFields () (at <b85eabe067044bcb9aeabe863954a5ce>:0)
    B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartInfo.EditorShipModified (ShipConstruct construct) (at <b85eabe067044bcb9aeabe863954a5ce>:0)
    EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) (at <2afc64dea36946459d4707808bdac511>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    EventData`1:Fire(ShipConstruct)
    EditorLogic:SetBackup()
    EditorLogic:<SetupFSM>b__190_29()
    KerbalFSM:RunEvent(KFSMEvent)
    KerbalFSM:updateFSM(KFSMUpdateMode)
    KerbalFSM:UpdateFSM()
    EditorLogic:Update()

Now which mod causes the problem?

KSP.log

Edited by alphaprior

21 hours ago, alphaprior said:

I get errors in VAB whenever I touch something. The error that appears on screen is related to B9 Part switch but since it's dependecy for many other mods I don't know the cause.

[EXC 03:20:30.085] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    TweakScale.TweakScale.IPartMassModifier.GetModuleMass (System.Single defaultMass, ModifierStagingSituation situation) (at <6c196c229b7b407390d4d14556b33c91>:0)
    Part.GetModuleMass (System.Single defaultMass, ModifierStagingSituation sit) (at <2afc64dea36946459d4707808bdac511>:0)
    B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartInfo.UpdateFields () (at <b85eabe067044bcb9aeabe863954a5ce>:0)
    B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartInfo.EditorShipModified (ShipConstruct construct) (at <b85eabe067044bcb9aeabe863954a5ce>:0)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

KSP.log

If TweakScale is NREing on GetModuleMass then that would probably be the first place to ask.

On 2/17/2021 at 12:31 PM, alphaprior said:

KSP.log

The mod "Precise Editor" breaks both the TweakScale and the B9PartSwitch and maybe others. I had the same Exception errors in my log file like you and when I removed the "Precise Editor" mod everything is fine.

On 2/18/2021 at 5:02 AM, blowfish said:

If TweakScale is NREing on GetModuleMass then that would probably be the first place to ask.

Hi.

I had this fixed on the PR#207.

Dead incarnations of B9PS were lingering on a GameEvent that when was fired, were being handled by the dead object, that was calling TweakScale from a inconsistent context (not sure if the Scale object itself was also dead, or a living object trying to access a dead context - in a way or another, the bork was happening inside Unity, as the Scale code that blew made a call to it).

Cheers!

Hi, Can you please help with these errors I'm getting?

Warning: Duplicated subtype names found on ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='cargoSwitch') on part: LifeSupport (Non Fatal)

Fatal Error: (Makes the game Quit)

Fatal exception while loading fields on module ModuleB9PartSwitch on part

Exception while loading field subtypes on type B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch

Exception while loading fields on subtype PartSubtype LH2

Exception while loading field tankType on type B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype

No tank type named 'RR_PLM' exists

Edited by Nova1

11 hours ago, bjbeardse said:

Is B9 getting updated to 1.11.1.3066? Cant use one of the other mods without it. And I wont run on this version.

I'm using the latest versions of KSP and B9 without problems in a heavily modded game.  Which mod is not working with B9 for you?  Could you post links to a log file showing the error and screenshots of your GameData directory (or anything else that helps describe what you're seeing)?

1 hour ago, Brigadier said:

I'm using the latest versions of KSP and B9 without problems in a heavily modded game.  Which mod is not working with B9 for you?  Could you post links to a log file showing the error and screenshots of your GameData directory (or anything else that helps describe what you're seeing)?

Modules that implements IPartCostModifier and IPartMassModifier (and perhaps others) are being called by zombies copies of B9PS Modules, and if any of these called modules make a call to Unity, you have a NRE Exception inside it.

Such zombies happens every time you switch Scenes (launch a craft, revert to editor, etc). On every scene where the current craft is destroyed, you earn a lot of zombies on the system. And every one of these ones may call other living modules from dead contexts.

It's a mishap on B9PS . Since not all modules make calls to Unity from their interface implementations, not all of them are deadly affected by this problem. But all modules are affected in a way or another - at least, by wasting CPU and memory on dead objects lingering around.

Hi, can you please help to fix these errors?

Warning: Duplicated subtype names found on ModuleB9PartSwitch(moduleID='cargoSwitch') on part: LifeSupport

Fatal Error: Fatal exception while loading fields on module ModuleB9PartSwitch on part

No tank named 'RR_PLM' exists

KSP: 1.11.1 Windows 64bit

Problem: Fatal crash when loading b9partswitch

Mods installed:

Many

Reproduction steps:

Hello, I have pretty much the same problem as Nova1 above.

I was playing the other day, everything was fine. I just updated a few mods (PatchManager, OPT Reconfig, OPT Legacy, OPT Continues, Near Futur Launch Vehicles) and suddenly when loading the game, it gives me the following error message:

B9PartSwitch - Fatal Error
B9PartSwitch has encountered a fatal error and KSP needs to close.

Exception while loading fields on subtype PartSubtype D
    No tank type named 'Deuterium' exists

And the game crashes ...

I re-downloaded B9PartSwitch directly from github, in case the version accompanying any of the updated mods got corrupted, but that didn't change the problem.

Log:

Player.log

Edited by Hira

On 3/5/2021 at 6:27 PM, Brigadier said:

I think there are a few issues with the Inventory in 1.11. I am not sure if any development happens in this direction, but a simple example: Taking the mobility enhancer from habtech2, which comes in 3 sizes. As soon as you add it as a cargo part in the config and use it in the game with inventory, it will always come out looking like a triple size instead of the size that went into the storage. It seems that the configuration of it is not properly stored?!

On 3/11/2021 at 12:51 PM, Hira said:

Mods installed:

Many

Reproduction steps:

I was playing the other day, everything was fine. I just updated a few mods (PatchManager, OPT Reconfig, OPT Legacy, OPT Continues, Near Futur Launch Vehicles) and suddenly when loading the game, it gives me the following error message:

And the game crashes ...

I re-downloaded B9PartSwitch directly from github, in case the version accompanying any of the updated mods got corrupted, but that didn't change the problem.

Log:

Player.log

@Hira@Lisias is currently trying to help me figure out the problem. One of us will post the solution on this board once it is found.

Edited by Nova1
Adding tags

On 3/4/2021 at 8:17 PM, Nova1 said:

Hi, Can you please help with these errors I'm getting?

Warning: Duplicated subtype names found on ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='cargoSwitch') on part: LifeSupport (Non Fatal)

Fatal Error: (Makes the game Quit)

No tank type named 'RR_PLM' exists

Some mod that depends on this is misconfigured or incorrectly installed.  Please provide the full log.

Alternately @JadeOfMaar might remember exactly what causes this

On 3/4/2021 at 10:19 PM, bjbeardse said:

Is B9 getting updated to 1.11.1.3066? Cant use one of the other mods without it. And I wont run on this version.

Be patient

On 3/11/2021 at 10:51 AM, Hira said:

Mods installed:

Many

Reproduction steps:

And the game crashes ...

Log:

Player.log

It looks like there are some patches in WarpPlugin/Patches/FarFutureTechnologiesFix that are marked as FOR[FarFutureTechnologies], which makes ModuleManager think that FarFutureTechnologies is installed even though it's not.  Immediate fix would be to ether remove those patches or install FFT.  But you probably want to talk to the  author of that mod (I believe Interstellar) to get this fixed.

On 3/5/2021 at 11:21 AM, Lisias said:

Modules that implements IPartCostModifier and IPartMassModifier (and perhaps others) are being called by zombies copies of B9PS Modules, and if any of these called modules make a call to Unity, you have a NRE Exception inside it.

Such zombies happens every time you switch Scenes (launch a craft, revert to editor, etc). On every scene where the current craft is destroyed, you earn a lot of zombies on the system. And every one of these ones may call other living modules from dead contexts.

It's a mishap on B9PS . Since not all modules make calls to Unity from their interface implementations, not all of them are deadly affected by this problem. But all modules are affected in a way or another - at least, by wasting CPU and memory on dead objects lingering around.

On 3/12/2021 at 9:06 AM, chris-kerbal said:

I think there are a few issues with the Inventory in 1.11. I am not sure if any development happens in this direction, but a simple example: Taking the mobility enhancer from habtech2, which comes in 3 sizes. As soon as you add it as a cargo part in the config and use it in the game with inventory, it will always come out looking like a triple size instead of the size that went into the storage. It seems that the configuration of it is not properly stored?!

Can someone provide me a stack trace so I can see where this is getting called from?

4 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Some mod that depends on this is misconfigured or incorrectly installed.  Please provide the full log.

Alternately @JadeOfMaar might remember exactly what causes this

Be patient

It looks like there are some patches in WarpPlugin/Patches/FarFutureTechnologiesFix that are marked as FOR[FarFutureTechnologies], which makes ModuleManager think that FarFutureTechnologies is installed even though it's not.  Immediate fix would be to ether remove those patches or install FFT.  But you probably want to talk to the  author of that mod (I believe Interstellar) to get this fixed.

Can someone provide me a stack trace so I can see where this is getting called from?

Never did a stack trace. Is it complicated to do?