[1.11.2] B9PartSwitch v2.18.0 (March 17)

blowfish

@blowfish

The field "allowSwitchInFlight" does this: 

Whether this subtype can be changed to in flight (default true). If false, it will be hidden from the available subtype options in flight. Only matters if the module has switchInFlight = true

However, it doesn't prevent switching FROM in flight.  I am trying to minimize a parts count, I have a tank which can take one of four resources in the editor, but should only be able to switch between two of them in flight (two types of O2).  The third and fourth are toxic, and should not be able to be changed in flight.

It seems that if you can't change TO a tank in flight, you should also not be able to change FROM a tank in flight, although I suppose there could be a use case for that.

Can you either fix this (assuming you agree it's a bug) or add an option to not allow any switching if it's set to false?

LGG

Edit:  I looked at the code, it was fairly easy to find and add a new option (since I didn't want to change anything which currently depends on it), I added a new option: allowSwitchFromInFlight (defaults to true), and added a check for that in the code, will submit a PR.  I need this for my life support mod, would appreciate it if you could get an update out soon for it. 

https://github.com/blowfishpro/B9PartSwitch/pull/224

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...

when i play ksp using BDB mod, the resource (equipment)'s definition could not found resulting the fatal error

my game data (small view on file explorer is enough screen size to see how much mods i have) :

KSLOGD.PNG

if someone helped me, then i appreciated

log: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/882421257822437496/929189444190343198/KSP.log

Fatal error time! Sorry in advance for the trouble. :(

Never had a B9 Fatal before so I'm not super familiar with the log.
"Fatal exception while loading fields on module ModuleB9PartSwitch on part  ---> System.Exception: Exception while loading field subtypes on type B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch ---> System.Exception: Exception while loading fields on subtype PartSubtype LH2 ---> System.Exception: Exception while loading field tankType on type B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype ---> System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No tank type named 'LH2' exists"

Shortened for brevity's sake, but I can paste the entire length of the error section for those that don't want to open the full log.

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bKbAB9RcsC8rhkXRb_OuBTp7VZQCSo-f/view?usp=sharing

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2019 at 6:51 PM, blowfish said:

B9PartSwitch v2.10.0 for KSP 1.7.3

• Add basic implementation of module switching
    • HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL
    • Subtypes now accept a MODULE node

Please talk to me before you attempt to use module switching.  Like I said in the changelog not everything will work initially.  I'm willing to add additional code to support specific modules, but I'd like to understand the use cases before doing so.

Talking to you as requested (though technically this is after starting to use this feature).

I'm new to KSP modding (like I started yesterday on C# modding, I've done some minor Module Manager before), so I'm getting used to how things work in KSP, and I'm using B9PartSwitch with a new mod I'm developing. The B9PartSwitch module switch works great when I use it on my own module: OnLoad() gets called with the ConfigNode changes as expected.

Question: Am I right in saying for basic modules (without specific support in B9PartSwitch), that it doesn't change anything else (for example updating this.part.partConfig - specifically the module's ConfigNode), so you have to do all your update work in OnLoad()?  That should either change a KSPField persisted data in your own Module, and/or implement OnSave() if that's not possible?

Secondary Questions: OnLoad() will also be called when first loading the vessel - I take it that one should be careful and take that into account? Is there a good way in OnLoad() to detect "we are loading a part" vs. "we are doing a B9PartSwitch switch"?

On 1/30/2022 at 10:51 PM, 610yesnolovely said:

... questions ...

I think I answered my own questions, and just published the mod in question - I wanted a way to have multiple IVA internals and mods all at once, and be able to switch them in the editor using B9PartSwitch, and uses SUBTYPE with MODULE switching - the module in question is part of my mod - it does the correct internal updates in editor or in flight to make IVA switching possible. Thanks @blowfish - you made me (and hopefully the other 21 people who use IVA mods) happy.

See https://github.com/harveyt/reviva/blob/main/plugin/ModuleIVASwitch.cs from: 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this stems from B9PartSwitch or Real fuels or is an inevitable interaction of both, but I thought I'd ask if there is a way around it:

I'm trying to write some configs that apply realfuels to various mods, in this case Bluedog. Bluedog makes quite extensive use of B9PartSwitch to keep part count down. I've had great results working with engines, using B9PartSwitch's MODULE fields to switch engine configurations. So I tried a similar approach to change tank volume when B9 switches tank size in parts. Which appears to work, switch tank configurations increase or decrease tank volume as expected in the editor, and resources can be added. But, if the tank is set to anything but the default config when loaded in the flight scene all the resources are removed. I've tried some workarounds, like setting utilisation instead of volume, which still allows growing and shrinking the tanks in the editor, but resources are still deleted in the flight scene.

I don't think this is a bug, it seems to be more intended behaviour. If you change tank volume in the editor the resources are removed, so I think what's happening is B9 is setting tank volume as the vessel is loaded in flight, and that's discarding the tank contents. Is there a way around this?

• 2 weeks later...

Love the hard work, as always!

Two quick things:

1. Is this updated for 1.12.3?  If so, could the thread title be updated?  GitHub says for version 1.12.2, so I assume is still up to date

2. Could some more detailed information be added to the original post about manually installing (by adding the folder to KSP folders) B9 Part Switch?  It is unusually confusing to install manually, as there is a folder labeled "GameData" *within* the top-level folder, below levels like "bin", "spec", and "templates."  For most mods,  only what is a layer BELOW "GameData" is added to the GameData folder, and occasionally some DLL's float in GameData without a folder (few mods have anything outside GameData, except occasional reference craft, etc.)

Anyways, great work, really appreciate it, hope that this mod will be kept current well into the future!

It appears I was trying to install the unpacked source code, which was the source of my difficulty.

Getting the proper .zip from "Releases", there are none of these odd "bin", "spec", or "template" sub-folders; there is a dll where I can easily find it, and it is obvious what goes in the GameData folder.

My bad!  What I get for trying to install mods late at night, I guess...

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

That's the effect of an experimental config within Rational Resources Squad interacting negatively with a mod I didn't anticipate.

Yes and no...

See here, for the answer:

Only one B9PS error left:

5vPxVbk.png

34 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

This is usually caused by a bad install, missing mod dependencies or mods installed in the wrong location  

I installed all mods with CKAN.

And see my link above, it seems that AJE and RR(-Squad) should be made incompatible one with another.

Edited by N3N

3 hours ago, N3N said:

Hey,

does somebody maybe please know how I can solve this, please?

5vPxVbk.png

Hey,

after >3 hours of searching and stripping down the GameData-folder and the logs, I found the culprit, but I don't know why it is and how to solve it... :(

This B9PS error is shown only when the "RationalResourcesSquad" folder is in GameData.

Even with the  empty folder the B9PS error persist.

But when I delete it, the problem doesn't show up anymore.

I hope there they can help me:

Edited by N3N

On 4/26/2022 at 4:22 AM, N3N said:

This B9PS error is shown only when the "RationalResourcesSquad" folder is in GameData.

Even with the  empty folder the B9PS error persist.

But when I delete it, the problem doesn't show up anymore.

Hey,

can somebody please help me with this?

qX0ruru.png

Here are the logs: https://tancredi.nl/logs2.zip

And here are the lines, that I think are the problem:

Spoiler

[ERROR] [Part nesdKeR7-Fuel1] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)
[ERROR] [Part nesdKeR7-VosFuel] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)
[ERROR] [Part service-tank-25] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part service-tank-375] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part restock-fueltank-1875-soyuz-1] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part RLA.small.LFO.tank0] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part RLA.small.LFO.tank1] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part RLA.small.LFO.tank2] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part RLA.small.LFO.tank3] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part RLA.small.LFO.tank4] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part adapterSmallMiniTall] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part Size3.Size2.Tank] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part Size1p5.Tank.05] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part tbee-taerobee-tank-sustainer-3] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part tbee-bumper-body] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part tbee-bumper-nose] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part tbee-x1-body] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part tbee-x1-tail] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part softTankMK1] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part softTankMK2] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part softTankMK3] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part softTankMK4] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part softTankMK5] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part OscarDtank] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part OscarEtank] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part OscarAtank] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part RadialLFO] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part RadialLFOLong] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part fuelTank1-5] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part MK1LFOFuselage] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part RedstoneFuelTank] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox

I think it has something to do with this:

> But I don't know how to solve this.

On 4/28/2022 at 1:17 AM, N3N said:

Hey,

can somebody please help me with this?

qX0ruru.png

Here are the logs: https://tancredi.nl/logs2.zip

And here are the lines, that I think are the problem:

Reveal hidden contents

[ERROR] [Part nesdKeR7-Fuel1] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part nesdKeR7-VosFuel] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part service-tank-25] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part service-tank-375] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part restock-fueltank-1875-soyuz-1] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part RLA.small.LFO.tank0] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part RLA.small.LFO.tank1] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part RLA.small.LFO.tank2] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part RLA.small.LFO.tank3] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part RLA.small.LFO.tank4] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part adapterSmallMiniTall] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part Size3.Size2.Tank] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part Size1p5.Tank.05] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part tbee-taerobee-tank-sustainer-3] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part tbee-bumper-body] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part tbee-bumper-nose] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part tbee-x1-body] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part tbee-x1-tail] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part softTankMK1] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part softTankMK2] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part softTankMK3] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part softTankMK4] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part softTankMK5] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part OscarDtank] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part OscarEtank] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part OscarAtank] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part RadialLFO] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part RadialLFOLong] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part fuelTank1-5] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part MK1LFOFuselage] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox
[ERROR] [Part RedstoneFuelTank] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Methane, Methalox

I think it has something to do with this:

> But I don't know how to solve this.

Hey,

Thanks to @JadeOfMaar,

everything works now perfect! :wink:

See:

Edited by N3N

• 1 month later...

i have been trying to do a pylon config for a turbofan jet engine, but i have a few questions!

is transform the correct way for mesh switching?

i have two .mu files, one is pure engine, one is the engine WITH pylon attached.

should the second mu be with engine or pylon only?

does transform support paths? if yes, how exactly

it would also be nice if anyone could provide some example code for mesh switching or any mods that use it 

• 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, DA299 said:

Guys could somebody tell me what is causing these errors?

https://imgur.com/a/P1AhqUQ

Fresh install, with only BDB 1.10.3 installed along with its dependencies. Playing on KSP 1.8.1, tried all compatible versions of B9PS. still getting the same errors.

Any help?

Is a BDB issue afaik

because i get the same

For example, on OAO.solarUpper, it couldnt find the Module "Subtype" 

So someone configured BDB a bit wrong because B9PS cant find some modules. 

Just now, kerbmario said:

Is a BDB issue afaik

because i get the same

For example, on OAO.solarUpper, it couldnt find the Module "Subtype" 

So someone configured BDB a bit wrong because B9PS cant find some modules. 

Thanks. Any fixes you've found?