[1.11.2] B9PartSwitch v2.18.0 (March 17)

blowfish

@DaveyJ576 first off, you have two extra, stray brackets, in the middle, at line 21, and one at the end line 38 :P
rKEiTja.png

This is where whitespace & proper indentation help ;)

As to the rest of it, you may have another extra bracket down at the end, depending on what the rest of the patch is at the top...
you should post the *full* patch, including the first line (with the @PART[] section )

Also, its inda hard to find, but the MM Handbook *and* the MM Syntax pages are extremely helpful, if you havent seen them... I still use them quite often for reference :P

https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/wiki

Edited by Stone Blue

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not my mod, but I ran into a problem with the Restock Waterfall Expansion.

The typical:

FTYgD3g.png

I took a stab at looking at the configs, didn't see anything wrong.

Complete logs are here:

This happens both with Waterfall-restock installed, and without.
Here is a link to all the logs for both runs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/elacrhzha2obhjl/B9PartSwitch.zip?dl=0

Any ideas?

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not my mod, but I ran into a problem with the Restock Waterfall Expansion.

The typical:

FTYgD3g.png

I took a stab at looking at the configs, didn't see anything wrong.

Complete logs are here:

This happens both with Waterfall-restock installed, and without.
Here is a link to all the logs for both runs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/elacrhzha2obhjl/B9PartSwitch.zip?dl=0

Any ideas?

[LOG 09:06:59.128] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Parts/Engine/LiquidEngineLV-T91/LiquidEngineLV-T91'
[LOG 09:06:59.146] PartLoader: Part 'SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Parts/Engine/LiquidEngineLV-T91/LiquidEngineLV-T91' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 09:06:59.146] [DragCubeSystem]: Drag cubes not found or cannot be read for part Part. Generating New drag cubes.
[LOG 09:06:59.150] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'LiquidEngineLV-T91'
[WRN 09:06:59.279] Warning on PartSubtype hypergolic on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='plumeSwitch') on part LiquidEngineLV-T91: Found more than one matching module
[EXC 09:06:59.280] Exception: Found more than one matching module
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleMatcher.FindModule (Part part) (at <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0)
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleModifierInfo+<CreatePartModifiers>d__10.MoveNext () (at <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0)
	B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.Setup (B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch parent, System.Boolean displayWarnings) (at <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype:Setup(ModuleB9PartSwitch, Boolean)
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch:InitializeSubtypes(Boolean)
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch:GetInfo()
	PartLoader:CompilePartInfo(AvailablePart, Part)
	<CompileParts>d__56:PartLoader+<CompileParts>d__56.MoveNext_Patch0(<CompileParts>d__56)
	KSPCommunityFixes.Performance.<FrameUnlockedCoroutine>d__61:MoveNext()
	KSPCommunityFixes.Performance.<PartLoader_CompileAll>d__57:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
[WRN 09:06:59.288] DontDestroyOnLoad only works for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 09:06:59.290] Warning on PartSubtype kerolox on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='plumeSwitch') on part LiquidEngineLV-T91: Found more than one matching module
[EXC 09:06:59.290] Exception: Found more than one matching module
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleMatcher.FindModule (Part part) (at <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0)
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleModifierInfo+<CreatePartModifiers>d__10.MoveNext () (at <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0)
	B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.Setup (B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch parent, System.Boolean displayWarnings) (at <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	<CompileParts>d__56:PartLoader+<CompileParts>d__56.MoveNext_Patch0(<CompileParts>d__56)
[WRN 09:06:59.291] DontDestroyOnLoad only works for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[LOG 09:06:59.299] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Parts/Engine/LiquidEngineLV-TX87/LiquidEngineLV-TX87'
[LOG 09:06:59.321] PartLoader: Part 'SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Parts/Engine/LiquidEngineLV-TX87/LiquidEngineLV-TX87' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 09:06:59.321] [DragCubeSystem]: Drag cubes not found or cannot be read for part Part. Generating New drag cubes.
[LOG 09:06:59.325] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'LiquidEngineLV-TX87'
[WRN 09:06:59.472] Warning on PartSubtype hydrolox on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='plumeSwitch') on part LiquidEngineLV-TX87: Found more than one matching module
[EXC 09:06:59.472] Exception: Found more than one matching module
[WRN 09:06:59.473] DontDestroyOnLoad only works for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 09:06:59.473] Warning on PartSubtype kerolox on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='plumeSwitch') on part LiquidEngineLV-TX87: Found more than one matching module
[EXC 09:06:59.474] Exception: Found more than one matching module

Something there is suspicious. Maybe there are more than one module called 'plumeSwitch'?

1 minute ago, kerbmario said:

Something there is suspicious. Maybe there are more than one module called 'plumeSwitch'?

I couldn't find it.

However, there may have been something odd going on in the install.  I built a new install with all the same mods, and it isn't happening (yet).  Still trying to figure this out

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I couldn't find it.

However, there may have been something odd going on in the install.  I built a new install with all the same mods, and it isn't happening (yet).  Still trying to figure this out

How about you once try without any variant of restock?

39 minutes ago, kerbmario said:

How about you once try without any variant of restock?

That wouldn't make sense, since the mod in question is the Restart waterfall Expansion.  

As I said, a totally new build is working, I'm comparing the installs to see what the difference is.

Just wierd

ps.  I did clear the MM caches

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I've figured it out, after MM runs, there are two MODULES with the same name:  ModuleWaterfallFX

Problem fully identified.  The StockWaterfallEffects modifies these two engines, and so does the  RestockWaterfallExpansion

Ok, the actual problem is that when Restock is installed, the StockWaterfallEffects should not be installed.   This is, essentially, a problem with the Netkan file for the StockWaterfallEffects, it should not be installed when Restock is.

I'll let the CKAN people know about this

Edited by linuxgurugamer

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I've figured it out, after MM runs, there are two MODULES with the same name:  ModuleWaterfallFX

Problem fully identified.  The StockWaterfallEffects modifies these two engines, and so does the  RestockWaterfallExpansion

Ok, the actual problem is that when Restock is installed, the StockWaterfallEffects should not be installed.   This is, essentially, a problem with the Netkan file for the StockWaterfallEffects, it should not be installed when Restock is.

I'll let the CKAN people know about this

Nice to hear you've solved it. I've tried my best at helping but you were better :)

2 hours ago, kerbmario said:

Nice to hear you've solved it. I've tried my best at helping but you were better :)

Here's the clue whic finally penetrated my mind:

[WRN 09:06:59.473] Warning on PartSubtype kerolox on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='plumeSwitch') on part LiquidEngineLV-TX87: Found more than one matching module

It wasn't a duplicated plumeSwitch , but that is where the duplicated module was mentioned.  It would have been nice if the error message had been a little more explicit, but, then again, it would be nice if I won a lottery :-)

Took a while to figure out.  The MM cache had the info, but there is so much there it can be overwhelming

2 hours ago, lemomotlo said:

it says there is a "fatal error" and that i need to close ksp. and i try everything and it wont work.

You need to share a screenshot of B9PS showing the fatal error and a copy of your KSP.log (zipped and uploaded somewhere else. Do not post the log's contents into the forum's text input. It can choke the forum software.)

Click "How to get support" in my signature so you can read up other ways or more info on posting a usable support request for next time there's a big problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone who can help, I'm brand new to editing B9PS. Why isn't the spoilered code below working?

• I see the 2 subtypes show in the VAB PAW, but changing types doesn't change the crew capacity. It stays at zero for both.
  • If I put a hardcoded "CrewCapacity = 7" just before that code, then crew stays at 7 regardless of what I pick.
  • TweakScale has challenges scaling crew due to the way a prior KSP version changed things. Maybe that same thing is affecting B9PS (but it's more likely I'm making a novice mistake)

Also, on a more advanced note, can I put an entire ModuleInventoryPart or otherwise vary packedVolumeLimit inside those SUBTYPEs? I want to have little inventory in the passenger model, and much in the cargo model. @blowfishThe wiki says "Please note that this feature [MODULE] is highly experimental, please talk to me before trying to use it".

Spoiler

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
        moduleID = PassengerCargo

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = Passenger
            CrewCapacity = 7
        }

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = Cargo
            CrewCapacity = 0
        }
    }

Edited by DeadJohn

On the restock/waterfall issue, I'm manually testing this out and will see if the issue is with Restock / restock plus and Waterfall... So yeah this is more of a restock/Waterfall issue to get all those warnings..

Edit  1: Removed Waterfall stock and SWE (SRB Waterfall  Effects), cleared MM Cache and restarted KSP (1.12.5)..

Outcome of test 1: Same error issues

Edit 2 : Removed Restock/Restock + and reinstalled waterfall and SRB Watterfal Effects (SWE) , Clear Cache again, restarted KSP.

Test 2 results:  It seems the issue we have here is really iwth KGEX and it's more hitchhiker's mod (V1.0.0.4) apparently this stems form the fact of the crew capacity issue that has been showing up on other mods that make Different size s of Crew Compartments.  I'm starting to think that this is one of the issues the folks over at KGEX / KCX) needs to address in their coding..  But as for Waterfall and SRB Water fall effects the issue doesn't exist.. (But then I could be wrong..)

Anyway back to Code testing..

Space_Coyote

Edited by Space_Coyote

I fixed the freeiva problem but after installing some mods i get this. However, the game works fine.

ooA37ee.png

plus

[EXC 11:47:17.254] Exception: Could not find matching module
[ERR 11:47:17.254] [SeriousWarningHandler] Not displaying serious warning because too many warnings have already been added: