[1.11.2] B9PartSwitch v2.18.0 (March 17)

blowfish

2 hours ago, Grimmas said:

@NaviG Those are switches for subtypes of Near Future Solar panels. Hard to tell without the full log but my first guess would be that you installed that mod incorrectly. 

Just came here to say you nailed it! Strange, cause i'm using CKAN. Uninstall and install and problem's gone! THX

On 3/9/2023 at 9:42 AM, NaviG said:

Just came here to say you nailed it! Strange, cause i'm using CKAN. Uninstall and install and problem's gone! THX

NaviG, what did you uninstall and reinstall? I seem to be encountering a similar problem.

21 hours ago, Edge0302 said:

NaviG, what did you uninstall and reinstall? I seem to be encountering a similar problem.

In my case it was Near Future Solar, but idk what's your error. My error was related to NFS parts.

4 hours ago, uglyduckling81 said:

I keep getting this error. Game seems to play fine anyway but I wouldn't mind knowing what's causing it.

z0HZCjO.png

This error usually means that the part module referenced in the (possibly patched) part config cannot be switched because the code for it does not exist, most likely because you are missing another dependency mod that provides it.

In this concrete case the part module in question is ModuleSimpleAdjustableFairing which is provided by the Simple Adjustable Fairings mod. So first make sure that this mod is correctly installed. Also make sure you correctly installed Animated Decouplers, DeployableEngines, Community Resource Pack, Benjee10 Shared Assets and HabTechProps - all of these are needed for Benjee's Artemis Construction Kit to work.

If all that does not solve the problem then you may have a mod conflict on your hands, where another mod is patching the part and the result breaking.

1 hour ago, Grimmas said:

This error usually means that the part module referenced in the (possibly patched) part config cannot be switched because the code for it does not exist, most likely because you are missing another dependency mod that provides it.

In this concrete case the part module in question is ModuleSimpleAdjustableFairing which is provided by the Simple Adjustable Fairings mod. So first make sure that this mod is correctly installed. Also make sure you correctly installed Animated Decouplers, DeployableEngines, Community Resource Pack, Benjee10 Shared Assets and HabTechProps - all of these are needed for Benjee's Artemis Construction Kit to work.

If all that does not solve the problem then you may have a mod conflict on your hands, where another mod is patching the part and the result breaking.

Hmm, OK.

I do have a decently modded game.

I'll see if simple adjustable fairings mod is one of them. I don't recognise the name but maybe ckan installed it as a dependency.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2023 at 10:06 PM, Invader_guy said:

keep getting these 2 errors at startup, not entirely sure what is happening because the mod dependencies *are* installed as far as I know.

@Invader_guy, did you find a resolution to this? I am encountering the same problem with my install.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

EDIT : SOLVED, I'm dumb, it was a sneaky patch by a part of rational ressource mod, my bad.
Hi ! 

I'm not sure which mod is the culprit in my case, so I'm posting in both IFS and here, sory in advance : )

I'm having a serious warning each time I pull a stock tank in the VAB, like B9 and IFS are patching the same part, but not "cleanly" so that this message shoudn't pop up...
bellow screenshot, and dropbox links with ksp.log, and MM log,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yptzlw66q2u7u12/Player.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lterynr0ott3nm6/ModuleManager.log?dl=0

Thanks for your help :)
fT6v3Dx.png

•  
Edited by kurgut

3 hours ago, mikegarrison said:

That sounds pretty straightforward, actually. They are both trying to switch the same part. Why are you using both switching mods?

Solved, I edited my post.

Using them both is pretty often seen, B9 supports plenty of other things, textures, IVA switch, etc, etc which IFS doesn't, and by default they can play together no prob.

The problem wasn't related between, but by Rational ressource mod which added some pacth on top of that.

:)

13 hours ago, kurgut said:

Solved, I edited my post.

Using them both is pretty often seen, B9 supports plenty of other things, textures, IVA switch, etc, etc which IFS doesn't, and by default they can play together no prob.

The problem wasn't related between, but by Rational ressource mod which added some pacth on top of that.

:)

OK.

• 4 weeks later...

why hasn't the mod been updated for 1.12.5? I don't feel like going back to a previous version, as that would ruin a lot of things for me. I also don't know if mods that have been created in 1.12.5 would work in previous versions when there isn't a version of that mod for that specific version of the game. 

also, can anyone tell me how to get the logs?

https://imgur.com/a/PC4mZEj

Edited by Kerbal410

6 hours ago, Kerbal410 said:

why hasn't the mod been updated for 1.12.5? I don't feel like going back to a previous version, as that would ruin a lot of things for me. I also don't know if mods that have been created in 1.12.5 would work in previous versions when there isn't a version of that mod for that specific version of the game. 

also, can anyone tell me how to get the logs?

https://imgur.com/a/PC4mZEj

Running the current version in 1.12.5 is not a problem.

Those kind of B9PS errors will be more to do with the part mods those parts are from, or some incompatibility between those part mods and some other mod trying to edit them. Not B9PS itself. So I'd probably try posting those errors in the relevant mod's thread, or their github issues page if they have one.

The main log people will ask for for support will be the KSP.log in the main install folder, the same folder as the KSP exe. Zip it and upload it to a file sharing service like google drive to share it (it's way to big to just post it on the forum).

@Kerbal410 Generally, any mod that works as far back as 1.8 will work in any KSP later than that. As far as I know, B9PS hasn't broken. My guess is that whatever mod provides the affected parts uses B9PS to change resource converter recipes and engine stats but doesn't account for mods that are known to rename the modules whose stats are changed. The mods or their bonus patch packs that tend to do rename modules, that I can think of are respectively, SystemHeat (for ISRU) and RealFuels (for engines).

Like @Rodger said, you'll need to post your logs and also, ask the modmaker to write configs to detect and respond to these mods.