[1.11.2] B9PartSwitch v2.18.0 (March 17)

blowfish

I saw a couple of issues around this lately, so let me say it clearly

Do not install B9PartSwitch by downloading the repo.  It does not contain any compiled plugin.  Go to the releases page and download the latest release (for your KSP version) there.

That is all

Em 01/08/2020 às 22:50, blowfish disse:

Eu vi alguns problemas recentemente, então deixe-me dizer claramente

Não instale o B9PartSwitch baixando o repositório. Não contém nenhum plug-in compilado. Vá para a página de versões e faça o download da versão mais recente (para sua versão do KSP) lá.

Isso é tudo

quase o mesmo problema, a diferença é que o meu problema é "Nenhum tipo de tanque chamado" Argônio "existe" Erro fatal, o jogo continua, mas se eu clicar em sair do jogo, feche-o.

Edited by Catatau_27

@Catatau_27 Your problem is different. And you haven't begun to help blowfish to address it. Where are your KSP.log? ...your ModuleManager logs? What mods do you use that need Argon tanks or use B9 for tanks and are useful with ion engines?

B9PS itself doesn't include an Argon tank definition, only definitions for stock fuel tanks, so there's absolutely no point in shouting at blowfish.

Edited by JadeOfMaar
spellcheck

16 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Catatau_27 Your problem is different. And you haven't begun to help blowfish to address it. Where's your KSP.log? your ModuleManager logs? What mods do you use that need Argon tanks or use B9 for tanks and are useful with ion engines?

B9PS itself doessn't include an Argon tank deinition, only definitions for stock fuel tanks, so there's absolutely no point in shouting at blowfish.

First, my bad i use the wrong text format to talk and yes i send my log and a image error to him, second: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t2yaE03tP-z0DMP8t3_uKvdSzmYBUglj/view?usp=sharing this is the image, and this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hwwnN67Hppj4y8k4XNoU6RlzSkijMpp9/view?usp=sharing is my log, third: Can you help me ? Four: Sorry again, i'm not screaming!

If I remove the B9PS the error will disappear, but I cannot change the functions of the HX parts of my ships. And this is the practical effect of my problem, which is derived from the error images I received, if anyone can help me I am grateful!

Edited by Catatau_27

@Catatau_27 ok then... The sharing settings at those links are wrong. I need to request permission to see them, and I don't respond to that.

I'm more curious now to what you're doing that causes B9 HX to be involved. I have a mod that adds B9PS features to HX, but it has no business with Argon. If you wrote the configs yourself then you didn't write the B9_TANK_TYPE {} node that defines the needed Argon tank. If you know how to write configs then you can create that one node and cure your problem.

3 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Catatau_27 ok then... The sharing settings at those links are wrong. I need to request permission to see them, and I don't respond to that.

I'm more curious now to what you're doing that causes B9 HX to be involved. I have a mod that adds B9PS features to HX, but it has no business with Argon. If you wrote the configs yourself then you didn't write the B9_TANK_TYPE {} node that defines the needed Argon tank. If you know how to write configs then you can create that one node and cure your problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hwwnN67Hppj4y8k4XNoU6RlzSkijMpp9/view?usp=sharing Now is possible see.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t2yaE03tP-z0DMP8t3_uKvdSzmYBUglj/view?usp=sharing, and i never do anything like that, so i don't know how i fix this problem for my self.

@Catatau_27 I've found that NF Conutruction and NF Exploration use the Argon tank type, and I made a fresh install just to test these but I did not have your problem. I suggest you re-download and reinstall these mods, and delete your GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache file. If that doesn't work, save this as a .cfg file anywhere in GameData and it should band-aid the matter:

Spoiler

%B9_TANK_TYPE[Argon]:FOR[NearFutureZFixThings]
{
	%tankMass =  0.000594667
	%tankCost = 2.5

%RESOURCE[ArgonGas]
	{
		%unitsPerVolume = 1000
	}
}

If you end up needing the band-aid, I highly recommend you take the time to dissect or rebuild your install, a few mods at a time, to isolate the source of the conflict. If the conflict returns, then go through the last set of mods you re-added, 1-by-1, to properly sift out the source.

Edited by JadeOfMaar
forgot that NEEDS is not respected by FOR

• 4 weeks later...
Spoiler

// Strip out SAS functionality of all probes except for stability control and add back in via upgrades
// Upgrades have been commented out
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],#vesselType[Probe]]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]:FOR[zKiwiAerospace]
{
	@description = #$description$ \n\n<color=#ff0000>This part has upgrades!</color> 
	!MODULE[ModuleSAS] {} // Remove original SAS Module
	MODULE // Default to a basic level of stability
	{
		name = ModuleSAS
		SASServiceLevel = 0
	}

%costAdjust1 = #$cost$
	@costAdjust1 *= 0.50
	%costAdjust2 = #$cost$
	%costAdjust3 = #$cost$
	@costAdjust3 *= 2

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
		moduleID = sasSwitch
		switcherDescription = SAS Switch
		affectDragCubes = False
		affectFARVoxels = False

SUBTYPE
	    {
			name = SAS-Level0
			title = Stability Augmentation System (Level 0)
			descriptionSummary = Baseline Stability 
			descriptionDetail = This level provides basic stability control.
			addedCost = 0
			defaultSubtypePriority = 1
			primaryColor = #99c0ff
			secondaryColor = #99c0ff
	    }

SUBTYPE
	    {
			name = SAS-Level1
			title = Stability Augmentation System (Level 1)
			descriptionSummary = Improved Stability
			descriptionDetail = Probes are now capable of holding the vessel in Prograde/Retrograde orientation.
			//upgradeRequired = sas1Upgrade
			addedCost = #$../../costAdjust1$
			defaultSubtypePriority = 0
			primaryColor = #5c9aff
			secondaryColor = #5c9aff

MODULE
			{
			    IDENTIFIER
			    {
					name = ModuleSAS
			    }

DATA
			    {
					SASServiceLevel = 1
				}			    
			}
	    }		

SUBTYPE
	    {
			name = SAS-Level2
			title = Stability Augmentation System (Level 2)
			descriptionSummary = Advanced Stability
			descriptionDetail = Probes are now capable of holding the vessel in Normal/Radial orientation.
			//upgradeRequired = sas2Upgrade
			addedCost = #$../../costAdjust2$
			primaryColor = #1f75ff
			secondaryColor = #1f75ff

MODULE
			{
			    IDENTIFIER
			    {
					name = ModuleSAS
			    }

DATA
			    {
					SASServiceLevel = 2
				}			    
			}
	    }

SUBTYPE
	    {
			name = SAS-Level3
			title = Stability Augmentation System (Level 3)
			descriptionSummary = Extreme Stability
			descriptionDetail = Probes are now capable of tracking targets and aligning with maneuvers.
			//upgradeRequired = sas3Upgrade
			addedCost = #$../../costAdjust3$
			primaryColor = #0056e0
			secondaryColor = #0056e0

MODULE
			{
			    IDENTIFIER
			    {
					name = ModuleSAS
			    }

DATA
			    {
					SASServiceLevel = 3
				}			    
			}
	    }
	}
}

I have been trying to modify SAS levels through B9 Part Switching and I feel that I am missing something obvious.  The switch appears and everything is appropriately costed, but all probes SAS Level remains at Level 0 regardless of the subtype I select.

Edited by hemeac

KSP version: 1.10 windows 64 bit

Problem: Errors with other mods

Mods installed: Many, link below

Detail: Error while loading up ksp

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mBBqo33zDypN9AN3NxxXyMsYDIdLfftt/view?usp=sharing

Mods installed: https://prnt.sc/u6k7vx

Help appreciated!

Edited by Hypercore
Forgot about a link

1 hour ago, Hypercore said:

KSP version: 1.10 windows 64 bit

Problem: Errors with other mods

Mods installed: Many, link below

Detail: Error while loading up ksp

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mBBqo33zDypN9AN3NxxXyMsYDIdLfftt/view?usp=sharing

Mods installed: https://prnt.sc/u6k7vx

Help appreciated!

So there are a lot of issues with your install, the biggest is that you have a GameData folder within your GameData folder though.  You can try deleting just that, but if you continue to have issues I recommend removing all mods and reinstalling them all from scratch.

I think I have to post here for help.

I hope to replace stock variant modules with B9PS, for stock parts.

The problem is, I doubt if B9PS can deal with stock variant module for stock parts.

VARIANT
		{
			name = TrussMount
			displayName= #autoLOC_8007113
			primaryColor = #999999
			secondaryColor = #000000
			sizeGroup = GroupA
			GAMEOBJECTS
			{
				TallShroud = true
				ShortShroud = false
				Toroid = false
				LgTruss = true
				SmTruss = false
			}
			NODES
			{
				node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.8, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
			}
		}

This is taken from the config file of stock terrier (liquidEngineLV-909_v2.cfg), somewhere near the end in ModulePartVariants

I particularly want to replace this with B9PS because I aim at adding more changes to the stock variant choice, more than just node/texture/shader switch (So I finally turned to B9PS after writing some failed MM patches). But I don't know how to deal with GAMEOBJECTS and sizeGroup. I believe B9PS can handle changes of other parameters as I can just change the name but leave the value there. [for instance, I know I can change displayName into title but leave the string there, the same with nodes but a bit more complex. (And I also don't know how to change nodes into B9 style, that means. to transfer 7 values into 3 coordinates...)]

I don't know what GAMEOBJECTS and sizeGroup are for. Is there a way of using B9PS to completely replace the stock variant module? If they were related with textures, then how do I write a patch to replace those lines?

[I read some posts on page 30 to 31 but it was about mod parts, so ther were different (I suppose)]

BTW, this is what I intended to merge with the stock graphics variant. (or part switch, if successfully changed.) I hope moduleengines and modulegimbal are supported and not so “highly experimental”

Spoiler

@PART[liquidEngine3_v2]						// Terrier engine
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
		moduleID = EngineSwitch
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = TrussMount
			title = #autoLOC_8007113			// Stock same
			primaryColor = #999999				// Stock same
			secondaryColor = #000000			// Stock same
			addedMass = -0.025				// Stock 0.5
			addedCost = -19.5				// Stock 390
			crashTolerance = 3.5				// Stock 7
			MODULE
			{
				IDENTIFIER
				{
					name = ModuleEngines
				}
				DATA
				{
					maxThrust = 57			// Stock 60
				}
			}
			MODULE
			{
				IDENTIFIER
				{
					name = ModuleGimbal
				}
				DATA
				{
					gimbalRange = 2			// Stock 4
				}
			}
		}
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = Bare
			title = #autoLOC_8007115			// Stock same
			primaryColor = #d96200				// Stock same
			secondaryColor = #999999			// Stock same
			addedMass = -0.05				// Stock 0.5
			addedCost = -38					// Stock 390
			crashTolerance = 1.75				// Stock 7
			MODULE
			{
				IDENTIFIER
				{
					name = ModuleEngines
				}
				DATA
				{
					maxThrust = 54			// Stock 60
				}
			}
			MODULE
			{
				IDENTIFIER
				{
					name = ModuleGimbal
				}
				DATA
				{
					gimbalRange = 1			// Stock 4
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

Edited by Grassland

Hi all!

First of all I'm not good with this game, modding and stuff, my english sucks, and i'm more like a total war fan, but from time to time I play this game too so, I just grabbed a bunch of mods for 1.10.1 and few of them was for 1.9.1 like TAC Life Support who it gave me the "B9 part switch fatal error"  but after I removed the TAC Life Support mod, everything was okay. I just want to let you know guys, and if anyone know a solution to make it work with TAC Life Support mod.

yaTwRxk.jpg

4 hours ago, GERULA said:

TAC Life Support who it gave me the "B9 part switch fatal error"  but after I removed the TAC Life Support mod, everything was okay. I just want to let you know guys, and if anyone know a solution to make it work with TAC Life Support mod.

TacLS does not reference "DS_WasteWater" itself. My guess is that some other mod (possibly one that could be abbreviated as "DS") includes compatibility patches depending on TacLS and those patches either do something weird or you're missing additional dependencies.

I'd search for "DS_WasteWater" in GameData and take it from there. Or maybe post a link to a log file.

@GERULA @HansAcker That's an issue in my mod, Airline Kuisine. ("Deep Sky" is one of my brands.) For whatever reason I did not see this coming but I know what to do to fix it. Open GameData/DeepSky/AirlineKuisine/dsak_B9PS.cfg (preferably in an advanced text editor like the lightweight Notepad++) and update line 365:

B9_TANK_TYPE:NEEDS[Kerbalism] // change this line
{
	name = DS_WasteWater
	tankMass = 0.0015
	tankCost = 1.5
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = WasteWater
		unitsPerVolume = 1
		percentFilled = 0
	}
}

B9_TANK_TYPE:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport|Kerbalism] // to this
{
	name = DS_WasteWater
	tankMass = 0.0015
	tankCost = 1.5
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = WasteWater
		unitsPerVolume = 1
		percentFilled = 0
	}
}

Let me know if that works or not so I can do an update.

4 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@GERULA @HansAcker That's an issue in my mod, Airline Kuisine. ("Deep Sky" is one of my brands.) For whatever reason I did not see this coming but I know what to do to fix it. Open GameData/DeepSky/AirlineKuisine/dsak_B9PS.cfg (preferably in an advanced text editor like the lightweight Notepad++) and update line 365:

Let me know if that works or not so I can do an update.

Thx, it's working now, but not only until I did the same thing for another line from 341, cuz it gave me again the fatal error with "no tank type name "DS_CO2" exists, but after i did the same thing it's working great now. Thx for your super mods, OPT is one of my favorite.

B9_TANK_TYPE:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport|Kerbalism]
{
    name = DS_CO2
    tankMass = 0.0015
    tankCost = 1.5
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = CarbonDioxide
        unitsPerVolume = 100
        percentFilled = 0
    }
}

Edited by GERULA

• 1 month later...

hey my b9part switch keep crashing my game, ive tried version 2.16, 2.14, 2.17 none of em seem to work.

is this the log u need to see it? https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CkG-QXCLqg-jnpa7mr9NwvZtHEU8u6Vy?usp=sharing

this is a screenshot if u wanna see it https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NWboRBs5KMp4JRDnoNV4C3u8d4vv8yoH/view?usp=sharing (i cant find a way to upload pics here so)

2 hours ago, baihaqima said:

hey my b9part switch keep crashing my game, ive tried version 2.16, 2.14, 2.17 none of em seem to work.

is this the log u need to see it? https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CkG-QXCLqg-jnpa7mr9NwvZtHEU8u6Vy?usp=sharing

this is a screenshot if u wanna see it https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NWboRBs5KMp4JRDnoNV4C3u8d4vv8yoH/view?usp=sharing (i cant find a way to upload pics here so)

Some mod's dependencies are messed up.  Can you give KSP's log (I only see the ModuleManager logs in there)

@blowfish

Hiya,  I am playing a 1.8.1 install with RO/RSS. I am using the B9part switch v2.14.0 (for 1.8.1). Today I updated the BDB to the latest version (stated compatibility for ksp 1.7 to 1.10) but I get this B9PartSwitch serious warning now. It still loads the game fine though.

KSP Log

MMPatch Log

ModuleManager Log

Should I be worried about anything please?

2 hours ago, rlq said:

@blowfish

Hiya,  I am playing a 1.8.1 install with RO/RSS. I am using the B9part switch v2.14.0 (for 1.8.1). Today I updated the BDB to the latest version (stated compatibility for ksp 1.7 to 1.10) but I get this B9PartSwitch serious warning now. It still loads the game fine though.

KSP Log

MMPatch Log

ModuleManager Log

Should I be worried about anything please?

My guess is that RO's BDB configs are not updated for the latest parts (this is very often the case).  I'm not sure who's maintaining those these days.  But expect some stuff to be broken (in this case on some of the solar parts, but probably other stuff too unrelated to the warnings)

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... This mod freaks out when Kopernicus for 1.10 is installed, and i get a lot of errors
well, i just have all the stuff about whats going on up in this pic, the main issue is the B9partSwitch. The B9 errors only happens when Kopernicus is installed
09XSfE0.png

Ok, getting the log
The player log
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I_HKAh1mpR7tytOkfoPvUYekU9uSCjDa/view?usp=sharing

and the KSP log
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zXI1AW3J5lBkCJ_eXG9BoyRzhVY9jYCM/view?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

Hmm... This mod freaks out when Kopernicus for 1.10 is installed, and i get a lot of errors
well, i just have all the stuff about whats going on up in this pic, the main issue is the B9partSwitch. The B9 errors only happens when Kopernicus is installed
09XSfE0.png

Ok, getting the log
The player log
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I_HKAh1mpR7tytOkfoPvUYekU9uSCjDa/view?usp=sharing

and the KSP log
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zXI1AW3J5lBkCJ_eXG9BoyRzhVY9jYCM/view?usp=sharing

I am not able to access the logs, but do you also have Interstellar installed?