[1.11.2] B9PartSwitch v2.18.0 (March 17)

blowfish

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:47 AM, DerGolgo said:

Hiya,

I'm sure this isn't the feedback you're looking for, @blowfish, so I'll apologize in advance.
I've once more tried updating to 1.3.1.
With the last released version of B9PartSwitch, and also with that development build from that November 21 post, I keep getting the following error message:
ErrorMessage.png

This is because of one or more other mods not playing nice, of that much I am certain.
However, I cannot figure out which one it could be. I am utterly incompetent at reading the output log.
I would greatly appreciate any help in figuring out what I have to kick so as to get to the next fatal error that inevitably waits beyond this one.

Output log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SbNYRh47YkGpkfLZgrIc62qB50-a3Qc9
List of presently installed Addons: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UfTnNKv7ZYYIlSN-0fOo3-IgWkQJyxJZ

I'm getting the same! I don't know what mod it is making it do this but ti says sspx commidy or something like that

Edited by Trekkie148

3 hours ago, Trekkie148 said:

I'm getting the same! I don't know what mod it is making it do this but ti says sspx commidy or something like that

I’d like to help you but there’s nothing I can do without logs.

@Trekkie148 I had a similar problem on KSP 1.4.2 with SSPX and EL. It turned out that my install was borked and I missed the file with the MetalOre resource definition.

From my understanding one mod (in my case SSPX) uses B9PartSwitch, tries to offer a switchable part, because of a condition that is met in a MM file including for example
:NEEDS another mod, and can't find the corresponding file with the resource definition. Curing that helped in my case.

Besides it is always wise to check if you have the lastest compatible versions of the used mods including CRP. Bundeled dependancies are not always up to date.

Looks like the same happened to "DerGolgo", whom you quoted.

Edited by Kurbalizer

2 hours ago, Kurbalizer said:

@Trekkie148 I had a similar problem on KSP 1.4.2 with SSPX and EL. It turned out that my install was borked and I missed the file with the MetalOre resource definition.

From my understanding one mod (in my case SSPX) uses B9PartSwitch, tries to offer a switchable part, because of a condition that is met in a MM file including for example
:NEEDS another mod, and can't find the corresponding file with the resource definition. Curing that helped in my case.

Besides it is always wise to check if you have the lastest compatible versions of the used mods including CRP. Bundeled dependancies are not always up to date.

Looks like the same happened to "DerGolgo", whom you quoted.

Nvr mind it was station parts redux.

Hola All.  So Full disclosure im using Ifs AND B9 Partswitch, yes Im well aware this causes "fun", along with the fun of combining kspi-e some near future and usi.  Im well aware of the fun involved and some of the manual work required on my part to integrate the fun(this aint my first rodeo).  Just looking for some advice here.  So before on 1.3.x I was using IFS to manage mk2 and 3 expansion parts and fuels, near future and B9 parts were manged by b9 and everyone was happy.  1.4.2 rolls around and everything is pretty much updated to I roll a new save in 1.4.2, near future construction just updated along with the other nf part packs so I added those into my 1.4.2 save, wiped the MM configs and restarted.  Now pretty much every tank seems controlled by b9 which only adds lf/ox, and hydrogen, except the IFS and KSPI-e tanks which have the rest of the CRP and KSPI-e fuels.  In 1.3 it used to be B9 controlled the b9 parts (near future) and IFS controlled everything else.  How would I edit the MM patches of either or to force on or the other to control certain tanks, like say If I wanted b9 to ignore the mk2 3 expansion parts ect.  Or is there a way to integrate the two part switchers?  Seems like IFS had an update recently to not override B9 and I wonder if it may need an recompile for updated partswitch or if FreeThinker prefers the better safe than sorry approach and this is intentional.  Posting this on both b9 partswitch and IFS threads (and prolly the reddit as well), not trying to stir the excrementspot, just trying to duct tape this save together so I can finally start playing it. 

Nothing is in the air right now and everything in the VAB can be remade so looking for ideas on how to get them playing nice.  
I also flat out delete the USI_NF mode patch (in kspi-e) but that should only effect power scaling afaik.

Update:  Looks like Cryotanks is the one butt sexing b9 into everything, easy fix!

Edited by Temeriki
Update

9 minutes ago, blowfish said:

@Temeriki Your LF/LFO/LH2/LH2O parts are coming from CryoTanks, so I’d look there.  B9PartSwitch doesn’t configure any parts on its own.

Im talking about the options specific to near future, a test delete of b9 part switch cause the near future parts to overlay all the textures and render the tank contents unswitchable (and the mk2-3 parts unswitchable).  But ill def look into cryo tanks mm patches, thanks for the heads up @blowfish

Update:  Looks like Cryotanks is the one butt sexing b9 into everything, easy fix!.

Edited by Temeriki
Update

• 2 weeks later...

B9PartSwitch v2.3.0 for KSP 1.4.3

• Recompile against KSP 1.4.3
  • Remove a couple of hacky workarounds as fixes/improvements were added in KSP 1.4.3
  • Use resource display names rather than identifiers in module description
  • Extract all hard-coded UI strings into localization table

NOTE: DO NOT USE THIS VERSION WITH ANY PREVIOUS VERSION OF KSP.  It will not work.  It uses methods that were added in KSP 1.4.3.

On localization - I won't be translating the localization table into any other languages myself, but if anyone wants to do so and submit localization in their language of choice, I will gladly add it.  The localization table is short here, let me know if you need help understanding how any of the strings are used.

Also I'm aware of an issue with engine shrouds disappearing if you have model switching on the same part.  This was due to a change in KSP 1.4+ with respect to how the engine shrouds worked which ended up breaking my implementation of procedural drag cubes.  I know what the fix will look like, but it involves a significant amount of new code so it's not done yet.  The workaround for now is to set affectsDragCubes = false on ModuleB9PartSwitch or useMultipleDragCubes = false on ModuleJettison

blow fish i know you need a log file but i cant find it no matter how hard i try, i really wish i could find a fix for this, i need this mod to play OPT and without it i cant use the mod, which is very sad.

It says, 
B9PartSwitch has encountered a fatal error and KSP needs to close.
No tank type named 'LH2' exists
Please see KSP's log for additional details

I have searched for this log and cant find it at all no matter how many help videos i watch.

1 hour ago, Lightning_Gamer said:

blow fish i know you need a log file but i cant find it no matter how hard i try, i really wish i could find a fix for this, i need this mod to play OPT and without it i cant use the mod, which is very sad.

It says, 
B9PartSwitch has encountered a fatal error and KSP needs to close.
No tank type named 'LH2' exists
Please see KSP's log for additional details

I have searched for this log and cant find it at all no matter how many help videos i watch.

There should be a KSP.log in your KSP root directory.  Is it really not there?  There should also be %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt (if you're on Windows)

Edited by blowfish

3 hours ago, Lightning_Gamer said:

ok i believe i found it it doesn't say log on it but just ksp, now how the hell do i put it in here.(kinda new sorry)

Ah, didn't notice that was your first post.  Welcome to the forums!

You can put the log on something like Dropbox/Google Drive/OneDrive and share it, then post the link here.

@Lightning_Gamer Try your game without OPT Reconfig and send your log again. Thanks to your log I'm on to something. Someone has brought this up before but now it's clear. For some reason the CryoTanks mod's cryofuel tank types are not loading so these options do not exist for your tanks, therefore your problem. (Perhaps also re-download CryoTanks/Cryoengines?)

If you still get this problem then there is something wrong with Nertea's mod or some other mod is for unknown reason deleting or preventing the tank types. If the problem goes away then OPT Rconfig will bring its own cryofuel tank types and no longer use those provided by CryoTanks.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

@JadeOfMaar I am currently using ckan to download my mods for more stability with my game. if i try to uninstall OPT Reconfig it force uninstalls OPT Spaceplane Parts, and vice versa.

@blowfish  i have no idea how cryogenic is still in my mods, for ckan it says its not downloaded and through ckan i cant even download the cryogenic mods because there are considered incompatible with my current mods. i will delete the files and see if that makes it work.

update: i have deleted the cryo mods out of the folders and it all seems to be working fine.

Edited by Lightning_Gamer
update

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Renae said:

Keep getting a "No tank type named "LH2O Cryo" Exists and fatal errors out.  Specifically cites B9 part switch as fatally erroring out.

Actually found, by wiping my mods and slow loading them, that it's the Near Future mod that causes this to go fubar.

Just now, Renae said:

Actually found, by wiping my mods and slow loading them, that it's the Near Future mod that causes this to go fubar.

It probably expects CryoTanks to be installed but it is not.

Edited by blowfish