[1.11.2] B9PartSwitch v2.18.0 (March 17)

blowfish

15 hours ago, Pelken said:

I had the same issue. So i checked the truss-spinal-01.cfg (in the near future construction folder) file and found there was no names in the file.

This is before (Note that all the "name =" lines are empty)

<snip>

So I added names according to the other files like this

<snip>

And now it loads without errors.

This didn't work for me and I get the same fatal error under KSP v1.4.5 and B9 v2.4.0.  I'm trying to revert to v2.3.3 via CKAN.

I'm such an idiot sometimes.  I edited the config file as described but forgot to save the changes...Doh!  This fix does, in fact, solve the problem.

Edited by Brigadier

Hello @blowfish. Sorry to bother you but i have a small doubt. Because in github the version 2.4.0 says it is for Ksp 1.4.5 but it is Recompile against KSP 1.5
Is the Version 2.4.0 good to use with KSP 1.4.5 or should I go back to version 2.3.3?

Edited by PmThay

17 hours ago, Brigadier said:

This didn't work for me and I get the same fatal error under KSP v1.4.5 and B9 v2.4.0.  I'm trying to revert to v2.3.3 via CKAN.

I'm such an idiot sometimes.  I edited the config file as described but forgot to save the changes...Doh!  This fix does, in fact, solve the problem.

yes fixed same error for me as well , clearly a "to be fixed" I'm using 1.5, I moved a copy of my gamedata from 1.4.5 updated so far well worth the upgrade

Thanks for the research info ..Pelken

. it's early. so many mods have updated already, this is going very well. the transition was very smooth and the Modder's are way on top of this release

Thanks to all in this community,, this is so much fun

Jammer

B9PartSwitch v2.4.3 for KSP 1.5

• Fix .version file again again

4 hours ago, PmThay said:

Hello @blowfish. Sorry to bother you but i have a small doubt. Because in github the version 2.4.0 says it is for Ksp 1.4.5 but it is Recompile against KSP 1.5
Is the Version 2.4.0 good to use with KSP 1.4.5 or should I go back to version 2.3.3?

I messed up and accidentally compiled that version against KSP 1.4.5 which also ended up in the .version file and release title.  So I decided to just leave it and create a new corrected release.  I wouldn't worry too much though, nothing really substantial changed between KSP 1.4.x and 1.5 as far as this mod is concerned.

Edited by blowfish

6 minutes ago, blowfish said:

B9PartSwitch v2.4.3 for KSP 1.5

• Fix .version file again again

I messed up and accidentally compiled that version against KSP 1.4.5 which also ended up in the .version file and release title.  So I decided to just leave it and create a new corrected release.  I wouldn't worry too much though, nothing really substantial changed between KSP 1.4.x and 1.5 as far as this mod is concerned.

Will this also fix the duplicate error with container 25-1? apologies,,, I do not know how to attach my screenshot without an attachment icon here on GitHub.... 

2 minutes ago, FuzzyG said:

Will this also fix the duplicate error with container 25-1? apologies,,, I do not know how to attach my screenshot without an attachment icon here on GitHub.... 

That will be fixed on the Near Future side.  It's a real issue that was simply hidden before.

2 minutes ago, FuzzyG said:

do you want me to send you my output.log ?

Actually looking a bit closer you're talking about a different part than everyone else.  The way you phrased it originally made me think it was something that had been mentioned earlier in this thread, but that is not the case.  Logs would be helpful then.

7 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Actually looking a bit closer you're talking about a different part than everyone else.  The way you phrased it originally made me think it was something that had been mentioned earlier in this thread, but that is not the case.  Logs would be helpful then.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pp4gf4tl1coobx/output_log - Copy (123).rar?dl=0

go to line item 679165

Module ModuleB9PartSwitch threw during OnLoad: System.Exception: Duplicated subtype names found on ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='cargoSwitch') on part sspx-cargo-container-25-1: Supplies
  at B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch.OnLoadPrefab (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.CustomPartModule.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

That Oxium issue was resolved by renaming all the *.txt files to *.cfg..... 

I was able to play KSP by ignoring the first issued you just fixed; however, this second is clearly locking things up tight thus no playing for now... :(

Just now, blowfish said:

Could you also post your ModuleManager.ConfigCache?

I had to terminate KSP due to the second error... Doesn't that destroy the MM.ConfigCache?   The reason I ask is because I just did a global search and nothing popped up... Where is that bugger located??? 

Just now, FuzzyG said:

I had to terminate KSP due to the second error... Doesn't that destroy the MM.ConfigCache?   The reason I ask is because I just did a global search and nothing popped up... Where is that bugger located??? 

If ModuleManager runs successfully it should be sitting in GameData.  Terminating the game after MM runs won't affect it.

um...... I only have the following

[254 Modded Folders]

++++++++

ModuleManager.3.1.0.dll
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
toolbar-settings.dat
WBIPlayMode.cfg

Program actually stopped loaded once the second error appeared... So it seems that I should have MM.ConfigCache... but it just isn't there.... snifffffff snifffff :mad:

I am rerunning KSP to see if it regens the MM.CC, which if it does,,,, I will copy before bugging out of the program

+

11 minutes ago, FuzzyG said:

um...... I only have the following

[254 Modded Folders]

++++++++

ModuleManager.3.1.0.dll
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
toolbar-settings.dat
WBIPlayMode.cfg

Oh, because you also have ModuleManager errors from other mods that are preventing the cache from being created.

I hate to ask this, but could you try again with a cleaner install?  It's really hard to identify the source of errors when there are a lot of other errors present.

1 minute ago, blowfish said:

Oh, because you also have ModuleManager errors from other mods that are preventing the cache from being created.

I hate to ask this, but could you try again with a cleaner install?  It's really hard to identify the source of errors when there are a lot of other errors present.

Anything I can do to help is gladly received... :).... Please help in suggesting how I do a cleaner install.... Eager to learn.....    

My take on a clean install is to install everything into a new directory and not just copy everything over... the latter only moves the bugs over. Then again, the modded folders should not be problematic if I copy those over correct?

1 minute ago, FuzzyG said:

Anything I can do to help is gladly received... :).... Please help in suggesting how I do a cleaner install.... Eager to learn.....    

Starting from scratch is never a bad idea, but if you could just remove the mods that are generating the MM errors so I can see the cache that would be helpful too.

3 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Starting from scratch is never a bad idea, but if you could just remove the mods that are generating the MM errors so I can see the cache that would be helpful too.

Correct me if I am wrong, one of those is the B9PartSwitch, which would also remove approx ten or so mods that most are not causing the MM errors.... Nevertheless,,, I am going through it now to see what I can do for a clean install.....

Just now, FuzzyG said:

Correct me if I am wrong, one of those is the B9PartSwitch, which would also remove approx ten or so mods that most are not causing the MM errors.... Nevertheless,,, I am going through it now to see what I can do for a clean install.....

Nope.  No ModuleManager errors are different.  The mods that appear to be causing ModuleManager errors are ContractPacks/UsefulSpaceStations, Omicron, and MKS

Just now, FuzzyG said:

gotcha.... working on it now

Hmm, alternately if you can't manager that you can run KSP with the -mm-dump option which will output all the configs to _MMCfgOutput/ in your KSP root folder regardless of errors.

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

Hmm, alternately if you can't manager that you can run KSP with the -mm-dump option which will output all the configs to _MMCfgOutput/ in your KSP root folder regardless of errors.

grrrrr.... I just read your last post.... let me try that option.... I am willing to learn the "ins and outs" to help me become more proficient and less dependant on others. Although, I appreciate your tremendous help and patients....

These are the folders that I have removed from GameData thus far however it didn't make a difference. I put them back and am presently running the dump option. I am not sure how this will pan out considering it keeps locking up with the second error. 

IRSequencer
Kerbalism
ProAirships
SmartActuation
SSTU
WindTunnel

3 hours ago, Catatau_27 said:

Thanks for the report.

truss-spinal-01 - this has already been reported and will be fixed in Near Future

M3X_AdapterSegment - I have reported the issue here: https://github.com/SuicidalInsanity/Mk3Expansion/issues/15