[1.11.2] B9PartSwitch v2.18.0 (March 17)

blowfish

7 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Assuming my mods are in Classic mode and WBI is in CRP mode, just delete and reinstall my mods. They still default to CRP.

just deleted the classic stock playmode part from the playmode configs

for some reason they had both classic stock and CRP listed which i can only assume to result in nasty stuff

24 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Assuming my mods are in Classic mode and WBI is in CRP mode, just delete and reinstall my mods. They still default to CRP.

Hmm, why do you have a B9PS config file for resources added by WBT in the classic stock setup?

B9PS is also throwing similar errors on bluedog parts

Edited by BRAAAP_STUTUTU

15 minutes ago, BRAAAP_STUTUTU said:

for some reason they had both classic stock and CRP listed which i can only assume to result in nasty stuff

The files in both these folders, under Patches, were config files? Or there were .cfg and .txt files for everything?

1 hour ago, BRAAAP_STUTUTU said:

hmm now my B9PS appears to be broken, i can't switch fuel types at all and i'm getting an Exception: MissingMethodException: Method Not Found:'Part.get_SimulationResources'

You're on KSP 1.4.x (or earlier) and using a version of B9PartSwitch intended for KSP 1.5.x

Just now, blowfish said:

You're on KSP 1.4.x (or earlier) and using a version of B9PartSwitch intended for KSP 1.5.x

Oh, so that doesn't work at all? Most of my installed mods work perfectly fine, even those from 1.5, but i guess this isn't a guarantee with dependencies or framewoks

2 minutes ago, BRAAAP_STUTUTU said:

Oh, so that doesn't work at all? Most of my installed mods work perfectly fine, even those from 1.5, but i guess this isn't a guarantee with dependencies or framewoks

As the exception would suggest, it does not work.  The new delta-v simulation stuff (related to the burn time indicator) made some significant changes in KSP with respect to how resources are handled and that forced an incompatible change in B9PartSwitch.

In general, no support will be provided for using an incompatible version even if it works in some cases.  The release titles and .version file all say which version of KSP they're for, if you're using a different version you're on your own.

Edited by blowfish

Just now, blowfish said:

As the exception would suggest, it does not work.  The new delta-v simulation stuff (related to the burn time indicator) made some significant changes in KSP with respect to how resources are handled and that forced an incompatible change in B9PartSwitch.

Aaah, makes sense

2 minutes ago, blowfish said:

In general, no support will be provided for using an incompatible version even if it works in some cases.  The release titles and .version file all say which version of KSP they're for, if you're using a different version you're on your own.

err do i get 2.4 for 1.4.5 that says it was recompiled for 1.5.1 or do i get 2.3.3?

22 minutes ago, Commissar said:

crashes when placing the phoenix cargo pod. issue with the part, or is it a b9? seems that most other pods work ok, but haven't tested all yet.

BSh6RHi.png

I don't know the details but both MFT and B9 resource switching have been added to the part (and they can't both manage resources).  Might be worth pinging the mod's author.

I've been seeing this a lot lately though and I might downgrade this to a warning (complains but doesn't force you to quit).  Really there's no general patch that could fix every case (the module should be completely removed in some cases and just disabled in others) but if B9 fuel switching disables itself and warns then at least it's probably working and the mod author has some time to fix it.

B9PartSwitch v2.5.1 for KSP 1.5.1

• Moved stack nodes now respect scalerescaleFactor, and TweakScale
  • Moved surface attach node now respects scale and rescaleFactor
  • When only one subtype is present, disable switching GUI and display subtype title as non-interactable string
  • Downgrade incompatible resource switching module to a warning and disable B9 resource switching in that case
  • French localization
Edited by blowfish

On 12/1/2018 at 9:53 AM, blowfish said:

Downgrade incompatible resource switching module to a warning and disable B9 resource switching in that case

On 12/1/2018 at 4:43 AM, Commissar said:

crashes when placing the phoenix cargo pod. issue with the part, or is it a b9? seems that most other pods work ok, but haven't tested all yet.

BSh6RHi.png

So this means that B9 resource switching will we be disabled or does it also include B9 Part Switch? I'm not sure if it is one and the same thing.

8 hours ago, Pointblank66 said:

So this means that B9 resource switching will we be disabled or does it also include B9 Part Switch? I'm not sure if it is one and the same thing.

B9 resource switching will yield to whatever other module is on the part.  Other switching functions will still work.

8 minutes ago, blowfish said:

B9 resource switching will yield to whatever other module is on the part.  Other switching functions will still work.

THIS information can be useful to me. If it yields, but a third part add-on insist on calling B9 (as TweakScale) when B9 decided to yield in favor of another add-on, I'm guessing that such add-on can end up messing something.

Just now, Lisias said:

THIS information can be useful to me. If it yields, but a third part add-on insist on calling B9 (as TweakScale) when B9 decided to yield in favor of another add-on, I'm guessing that such add-on can end up messing something.

Yeah, which is part of the reason that it will still complain to the user so that the mod author will be encouraged to fix it.

3 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Yeah, which is part of the reason that it will still complain to the user so that the mod author will be encouraged to fix it.

Working on it. There's a strange issue too on KJR, so this can help me too there.

9 hours ago, blowfish said:

9 hours ago, Lisias said:

Working on it. There's a strange issue too on KJR, so this can help me too there.

So if I'm correct it is being worked on to fix this error or bug or what ever it is?

6 hours ago, Pointblank66 said:

So if I'm correct it is being worked on to fix this error or bug or what ever it is?

Yes. It's being worked on for some time now, but "Real Life can be a Drag"(c) 2018 LisiasT . Please be patient. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if the following is a new issue or an ongoing one, but it is a biggy. This is just one of approx 39 fatal exception errors. I attached the necessary link for your purview....

Module ModuleB9PartSwitch threw during OnLoad: System.Exception: Fatal exception while loading fields on module ModuleB9PartSwitch on part hydrogen-375-1 ---> System.Exception: Exception while loading field subtypes on type B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch ---> System.Exception: Exception while loading fields on subtype PartSubtype LH2/O ---> System.Exception: Exception while loading field tankType on type B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype ---> System.InvalidOperationException: The tank definitions have not been loaded yet (done after game database load).  This is likely caused by an earlier error or by ModuleManager being missing or out of date.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/an4xqywczwcqtg0/12-15-2018_0425.rar?dl=0

Kind regards... :ph34r: G

16 hours ago, FuzzyG said:

Not sure if the following is a new issue or an ongoing one, but it is a biggy. This is just one of approx 39 fatal exception errors. I attached the necessary link for your purview....

Module ModuleB9PartSwitch threw during OnLoad: System.Exception: Fatal exception while loading fields on module ModuleB9PartSwitch on part hydrogen-375-1 ---> System.Exception: Exception while loading field subtypes on type B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch ---> System.Exception: Exception while loading fields on subtype PartSubtype LH2/O ---> System.Exception: Exception while loading field tankType on type B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype ---> System.InvalidOperationException: The tank definitions have not been loaded yet (done after game database load).  This is likely caused by an earlier error or by ModuleManager being missing or out of date.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/an4xqywczwcqtg0/12-15-2018_0425.rar?dl=0

Kind regards... :ph34r: G

I think this might help you...

Hi @blowfish et al.

Is there a way to MM patch a different texture .dds file over a model that utilises B9 switches to create a different look for different resources. 

I'd like to use the Keridian Dynamics mod with different reources.  But i can't seem to find a way to point the models (using the stock retexture method) so that my own file is used.  Is there a way to get B9 to use a different texture .dds so that I can make my own for other's parts.  As this is for a release it would be cleaner to not have to get installers to overwrite a file.

Thanks. Peace.

Edited by theJesuit