[1.11.2] B9PartSwitch v2.18.0 (March 17)

blowfish

17 minutes ago, Eli the Space Nerd said:

Is there a fix to this?

Sadly no. That's entirely up to @CobaltWolf to fix. This is a harmless warning. It means certain mesh options won't be available, but it's not game-breaking (in opposition to having subtypes with undefined tank types).

32 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I have several mods installed which have B9PS as a dependency, but aren't updated to use 2.9.0 yet. Will things break if I install 2.9.0 anyway?

you should be fine /ymmv/ - other way round might cause problems, but unless it is a gamebreaking update (like KIS/KAS was) - B9 adding features, fun features, but didn't change anything (that I know of) public facing.

10 hours ago, Eli the Space Nerd said:

Hi, I'm facing through a situation in which I received a warning from this mod. The warning popped out when the game loaded into the main menu.

Is there a fix to this?

Those parts have been remade from scratch as part of the current dev cycle for Bluedog, so I'm not fixing the ones in the current release. Those errors shouldnt break anything. :)

On 8/8/2019 at 12:03 PM, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

I think it would be fair to mention that Community Resource Pack is required for this mod to not have fatal errors and link to its download.

If you have a mod installed that requires CRP and uses B9PartSwitch and you don’t have CRP installed, you will encounter a fatal error.

11 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I have several mods installed which have B9PS as a dependency, but aren't updated to use 2.9.0 yet. Will things break if I install 2.9.0 anyway?

If there was a breaking change I knew about I would have documented it and updated the major version to 3.0.  Alas, 2.9.0 is fully backwards compatible.

Edited by blowfish

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@blowfish Question about the switching.

I'm converting the Octosat mod to B9, and have all the parts (all 37 of them) configured.  Works nice.

Is there a way to have ALL the parts switch when changing colors?

I have not implemented themes yet.  IIRC there's an open issue for it.

B9PartSwitch v2.10.0 for KSP 1.7.3

• Use funds symbol for cost in tooltips
  • Fix vessel size including disabled objects
  • add new upgradeRequired field to SUBTYPEs
    • References the name of a PARTUPGRADE require do unlock the subtype
    • At least one subtype on every switcher must have no tech restriction (i.e. unlocks with the part), otherwise it will complain and remove the restriction from the first subtype
    • All subtypes are unlocked in sandbox regardless of whether upgrades are applied
    • Warning if the upgrade doesn't exist
    • If you attempt to load a craft with a locked subtype you get a warning that it was replaced with the highest priority unlocked subtype
  • Add defaultSubtypePriority to SUBTYPEs
    • Number (float) that determines a subtype's priority as the "default" subtype (i.e. the one that is chosen when you freshly add the part).
    • The subtype with the highest priority that is also unlocked will be chosen
    • If two subtypes have the same priority and both are unlocked, it will choose the first
    • The default value is zero.
  • Add basic implementation of module switching
    • HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL
    • Subtypes now accept a MODULE node
      • inside is an IDENTIFIER node which is used to identify the module
        • it must have a name which is the same as the module
        • it can have any other fields that are used to identify the module
          • e.g. engineID on ModuleEngines
        • Identifying the module by nodes is not currently supported
      • It accepts a DATA node which provides new data to be loaded into the module
      • It accepts a moduleActive = false value which causes the module to be disabled
    • Not everything will work initially, custom handling will have to be added for some modules
    • Some modules are blacklisted for loading new data and disabling. This list is subject to change.
      • ModulePartVariants
      • ModuleB9PartSwitch
      • ModuleB9PartInfo
      • ModuleB9DisableTransform
      • FSfuelSwitch
      • FSmeshSwitch
      • FStextureSwitch
      • FStextureSwitch2
      • InterstellarFuelSwitch
      • IntersteallarMeshSwitch
      • InterstellarTextureSwitch

Big thanks to @Gotmachine who's initial implementation of module switching this is based on

Please talk to me before you attempt to use module switching.  Like I said in the changelog not everything will work initially.  I'm willing to add additional code to support specific modules, but I'd like to understand the use cases before doing so.

2 hours ago, Natokerbal said:

Seems like your installation of RationalResources might be out of date?  Try updating that

Thanks for posting the log though, allowed me to quickly see what's in your install and what might be wrong

Edited by blowfish

47 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Seems like your installation of RationalResources might be out of date?  Try updating that

Thanks for posting the log though, allowed me to quickly see what's in your install and what might be wrong

yup it was rational resources. also I thought it was an expectation to have a log. :) thanks for the help

17 hours ago, MegaMindy said:

I am getting a fatal error on startup, running KSP 1.7.0 and I don't really understand why. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have tried with multiple versions of B9PS, but all of them create this same fatal error.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/giodmbcr6az553e/AAB5DCuDU_qe1uB36ydXClTFa?dl=0 

Welcome to the forums!

The error you're getting has nothing to do with the version of B9PartSwitch you have installed.

The problem appears to be that your GameData/Squad directory is missing some pieces.  So in this case the stock resources (LiquidFuel, Oxidizer, etc) are not defined.  Try deleting and re-installing GameData/Squad.

2 hours ago, blowfish said:

Welcome to the forums!

The error you're getting has nothing to do with the version of B9PartSwitch you have installed.

The problem appears to be that your GameData/Squad directory is missing some pieces.  So in this case the stock resources (LiquidFuel, Oxidizer, etc) are not defined.  Try deleting and re-installing GameData/Squad.

Thank you! 

It's been a while since I played KSP, and I got this error message after a new install I did with CKAN. I tried the exact same mods on a manual install, and everything worked perfectly.

Thank you for taking the time to troubleshoot! 

Can the following (in bold) be declared in TankTypes?

B9_TANK_TYPE
{
    name = LiquidMono
    title = Liquid Fuel & Mono
    switcherDescription = Cargo Name
    tankMass = 0.000125
    tankCost = 0.25
    switchInFlight = True
    affectDragCubes = false

RESOURCE
    {
        name = LiquidFuel
        title = Liquid Fuel
        unitsPerVolume = 0.95
         descriptionSummary = Liquid Fuel
         descriptionDetail = That stuff that Kerbals always seem to be running out of at 20,000m
         primaryColor = Black
         secondaryColor = Black

defaultSubtypePriority  = 1
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = MonoPropellant
        title = MonoPropellant
        unitsPerVolume = 0.05
         descriptionSummary = MonoPropellant
         descriptionDetail =That other stuff that Kerbals always seem to be running out of at 20,000m
         primaryColor = Blue
         secondaryColor = Blue

defaultSubtypePriority  = 2

}
}

3 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Can the following (in bold) be declared in TankTypes?

Spoiler

B9_TANK_TYPE
{
    name = LiquidMono
    title = Liquid Fuel & Mono
    switcherDescription = Cargo Name
    tankMass = 0.000125
    tankCost = 0.25
    switchInFlight = True
    affectDragCubes = false

RESOURCE
    {
        name = LiquidFuel
        title = Liquid Fuel
        unitsPerVolume = 0.95
         descriptionSummary = Liquid Fuel
         descriptionDetail = That stuff that Kerbals always seem to be running out of at 20,000m
         primaryColor = Black
         secondaryColor = Black

defaultSubtypePriority  = 1
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = MonoPropellant
        title = MonoPropellant
        unitsPerVolume = 0.05
         descriptionSummary = MonoPropellant
         descriptionDetail =That other stuff that Kerbals always seem to be running out of at 20,000m
         primaryColor = Blue
         secondaryColor = Blue

defaultSubtypePriority  = 2

}
}

primaryColor and secondaryColor yes (in B9_TANK_TYPE), the rest no.  And none of them in RESOURCE nodes.

Edited by blowfish

6 hours ago, blowfish said:

primaryColor and secondaryColor yes (in B9_TANK_TYPE), the rest no.  And none of them in RESOURCE nodes.

thank you.

would it be possible to make it so they can be?

Reason is much more effective to declare those things in tank definition once than having to do it multiple times in individual parts.

1 hour ago, zer0Kerbal said:

thank you.

would it be possible to make it so they can be?

Reason is much more effective to declare those things in tank definition once than having to do it multiple times in individual parts.

Looking at your example, I think you might be a little bit confused.  B9_TANK_TYPE defines a tankType that can be used on an individual SUBTYPE, it's not a template for an entire ModuleB9PartSwitch.  Maybe look at some existing examples for how these are used?

3 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Looking at your example, I think you might be a little bit confused.  B9_TANK_TYPE defines a tankType that can be used on an individual SUBTYPE, it's not a template for an entire ModuleB9PartSwitch.  Maybe look at some existing examples for how these are used?

:D I understand, just want to be able to define those things (once) in B9_TANK_TYPE definition, so that when that tank type is used in a SUBTYPE, it doesn't have to be declared again (but could be overruled by a definition in SUBTYPE). This way could define in a B9_TANK_TYPE statement once, and every tank that uses that definition would inherit those variables already defined.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

Just now, zer0Kerbal said:

:D I understand, just want to be able to define those things (once) in B9_TANK_TYPE definition, so that when that tank type is used in a SUBTYPE, it doesn't have to be declared again (but could be overruled by a definition in SUBTYPE). This way could define in a B9_TANK_TYPE statement once, and every tank that uses that definition would now have those variables defined.

Other mods use a ModuleManager patch targeting multiple parts to install the same module multiple times.  Maybe that would make sense here?