[1.11.2] B9PartSwitch v2.18.0 (March 17)

blowfish

@blowfish

did something changes during updates in last few updates? this is not functioning any more! the gui is there but nodes won't get hidden

@PART[JSatFrame] : NEEDS[B9PartSwitch] : FINAL
{
	MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
        moduleID = NodeCenterToggle

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = NodeAllToggle
			title = All
            node = center_
			node = inside
			node = border_
        }

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = NodeCenterToggle
			title = Center
            node = center_
        }
	}
}

31 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

@blowfish

did something changes during updates in last few updates? this is not functioning any more! the gui is there but nodes won't get hidden

Spoiler

@PART[JSatFrame] : NEEDS[B9PartSwitch] : FINAL
{
	MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
        moduleID = NodeCenterToggle

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = NodeAllToggle
			title = All
            node = center_
			node = inside
			node = border_
        }

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = NodeCenterToggle
			title = Center
            node = center_
        }
	}
}

v2.0.0 removed fuzzy node matching, you now need the exact name of the node (e.g. top01).  However, node names with underscores would never have worked - if you have e.g. node_stack_top_something, KSP will take only top as the node name.

Also, spaces before the :NEEDS and :FINAL will cause them to be ignored (limitation of how KSP parses nodes)

@blowfish you have nooooo idea what you had done to me, a single line of config became 80 lines now, and to think that this part has tons of those lines that is needed to change!!! is there any chance for pattern matching for bulk addition of nodes?

RingOutp0p0

RingOutp27p0

RingOutp171p0

as you see all of these start with RingOut words :/

5 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

@blowfish you have nooooo idea what you had done to me, a single line of config became 80 lines now, and to think that this part has tons of those lines that is needed to change!!! is there any chance for pattern matching for bulk addition of nodes?

RingOutp0p0

RingOutp27p0

RingOutp171p0

as you see all of these start with RingOut words :/

I could think about adding some way to fuzzily match nodes.  Other than this one particular case though, I haven't seen many places that would benefit from it.  The old fuzzy matching was really doing more bad than good.

2 minutes ago, blowfish said:

I could think about adding some way to fuzzily match nodes.  Other than this one particular case though, I haven't seen many places that would benefit from it.  The old fuzzy matching was really doing more bad than good.

maybe add a boolean in the module itself for asking for fuzzy matching, although, I didn't look into fuzzy matching strings, but i think sort of using pattern matching should not be that hard? for example RingOut* or *_???_? and things like this, wouldn't be a method for this type of thing in .net?

If it's to much job, forget about it, i'll use notepad++ and add those manually but the thing is that now a proper sized config file will become a monster !

Edited by Jiraiyah

2 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

maybe add a boolean in the module itself for asking for fuzzy matching, although, I didn't look into fuzzy matching strings, but i think sort of using pattern matching should not be that hard? for example RingOut* or *_???_? and things like this, wouldn't be a method for this type of thing in .net?

If it's to much job, forget about it, i'll use notepad++ and add those manually but the thing is that now a proper sized config file will become a monster !

Yeah, MM like matching was something that came to mind.  It's not built into .NET though, you have to escape it, replace certain characters, and turn it into a regular expression.

Is it possible to add a module to a subtype?

For instance, I like the looks & animation of the HX1-URC reactor and wondering if i could make it switch between a nuclear reactor (ModuleResourceConverter) and the standard RTG (ModuleGenerator).

On 1/18/2018 at 8:37 AM, Esendis said:

Is it possible to add a module to a subtype?

For instance, I like the looks & animation of the HX1-URC reactor and wondering if i could make it switch between a nuclear reactor (ModuleResourceConverter) and the standard RTG (ModuleGenerator).

Not something that's currently possible.  Something I've looked into but it ends up being rather messy and complicated.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/29/2017 at 1:21 PM, DerGolgo said:

Wheeee!!
That solved it, game started right up!! THANK YOU!

Seriously, with the sheer number of Mods I use. I seriously expected it would take a few more days of finagling to get to the main menu!
In case you are still looking for feedback regarding the developmental version of the mod, here's the output log of the successful startup:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=16fOGF_gMinERL3X1KJWpZc2PHtEtdDh3

I appear to have the same problem. I've tried verifying my install through Steam which says everything is hunky dory. How do I solve this problem?

24 minutes ago, Ironcladsix said:

I appear to have the same problem. I've tried verifying my install through Steam which says everything is hunky dory. How do I solve this problem?

Copy your mods and saves out of your KSP install, uninstall it, and then reinstall?  I really don't know how Steam's verification system works, but if you're really missing the stock resources then I don't know what else to recommend

11 hours ago, Ironcladsix said:

Thanks for the log.  MetalOre is not a stock resource, so you problem is in fact different.  It comes from Extraplanetary Launchpads, so you probably need to reinstall that.

I see a bunch of exceptions from other mods too.  Extraplanetary Launchpads's plugin is not loading correctly, ModularFlightIntegrator is not loading correctly, Firespitter's plugin is not loading correctly, RastePropMonitor is too.  BDArmory is running into at least one exception.

Thanks for your help. I have removed extraplanetary launchpads and reinstalled the others. I am now getting a generic fatal error message. Here is the new log.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1maD2hMndgIamzzLEr3ia31EvY4baR306/view?usp=sharing

Edit to add, if it matters, I do all of my mods and so on via CKAN

Edited by Ironcladsix

2 hours ago, Ironcladsix said:

Thanks for your help. I have removed extraplanetary launchpads and reinstalled the others. I am now getting a generic fatal error message. Here is the new log.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1maD2hMndgIamzzLEr3ia31EvY4baR306/view?usp=sharing

Edit to add, if it matters, I do all of my mods and so on via CKAN

Well it looks a lot like you don't have ModuleManager installed now.  Did you remove it by accident?

Edited by blowfish

Getting a fatal error 'No Tank Type named 'Food' exists'.

Can't for the life of me figure out which mod is causing it, or who was smart enough to reference 'Food' in as a tank, but of my 115 mods, I had just updated this mod, Kerbal Foundries, KSP Wheel and TRR to 1.4.1 compatible versions. Log file attached with more. Plenty of errors present, but I had autoupdate on Steam and most of the 1.3.1 mods were more or less working with errors. Definitely enough to play yesterday.

Logfile is big and first post, so it's linked here: https://files.fm/u/fat5tadm

2 hours ago, Ben0 said:

Getting a fatal error 'No Tank Type named 'Food' exists'.

Can't for the life of me figure out which mod is causing it, or who was smart enough to reference 'Food' in as a tank, but of my 115 mods, I had just updated this mod, Kerbal Foundries, KSP Wheel and TRR to 1.4.1 compatible versions. Log file attached with more. Plenty of errors present, but I had autoupdate on Steam and most of the 1.3.1 mods were more or less working with errors. Definitely enough to play yesterday.

Logfile is big and first post, so it's linked here: https://files.fm/u/fat5tadm

Maybe keep this in the SSPX thread (since you already posted there)?  I don't think it's a B9PartSwitch issue specifically.  Maybe post the log there too.

Also, this is exactly the reason why it's a bad idea to mod you steam install.  You can copy KSP out of the Steam directory and mod it there, that won't risk KSP updates breaking things.

Edited by blowfish