[1.11.2] B9PartSwitch v2.18.0 (March 17)

blowfish

3 hours ago, Vas said:

I've been ignoring the urgent error in B9PartSwitch because it wasn't a problem till now.  I went to creative mode to test a RealFuel's issue I'm having and the game crashed when I placed a tank.

[EXC 19:17:08.744] Exception: Conflict found between ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='fuelSwitch') on part fueltank-75-1 and ModuleFuelTanks - cannot both manage resources on the same part
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch.CheckOtherModules ()
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch.Start ()

Full Log: https://pastebin.com/a7Mx3sfG

That happens upon mod loading, I've been ignoring it though.

Forgot to add, I'm on latest version of KSP, latest version of CKAN, Latest version of the mod available on CKAN which appears to be 2.4.5 with around 80 mods.  I'm not uploading a save because its not save related.  I started a new save just now and it crashed the game.

Thanks.  It looks like there's an incompatibility between Near Future Launch Vehicles and Modular Fuel Tanks/Real Fuels.  I've submitted a pull request to fix it here: https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/NearFutureLaunchVehicles/pull/64

E: You also helped me determine that one of those error messages isn't displaying correctly in the logs...

Edited by blowfish

3 hours ago, blowfish said:

Thanks.  It looks like there's an incompatibility between Near Future Launch Vehicles and Modular Fuel Tanks/Real Fuels.  I've submitted a pull request to fix it here: https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/NearFutureLaunchVehicles/pull/64

I've removed Real Fuels myself, its unplayable. :P

I use almost all Near Future things though, maybe even all.

Good quick response though, I thought it'd be a day or two before any response with forums usually being slow. xD

4 hours ago, Marcelo Silveira said:

Is it possible to use B9PartSwitch to switch between multiple ModuleEngine modules or between multiple Thrust Curves?

Currently no, but you can achieve it with Kerbal Actuators and WBIMultiModeEngine{} by @Angel-125

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I get the following error every time I load the game:

https://imgur.com/a/Lyixl0Y

And here's my output log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12F-zdA6fQOPM4tVp4mNlXrROijsoi6w1

[ERROR] [Part fueltank-nosecone-5-1] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: System.String[]

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

PartLoader: Part 'NearFutureLaunchVehicles/Parts/FuelTank/fueltank-5/fueltank-nosecone-5-1/fueltank-nosecone-5-1' has no database record. Creating.

Edited by aceman67

2 hours ago, aceman67 said:

I get the following error every time I load the game:

https://imgur.com/a/Lyixl0Y

And here's my output log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12F-zdA6fQOPM4tVp4mNlXrROijsoi6w1

[ERROR] [Part fueltank-nosecone-5-1] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: System.String[]

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

PartLoader: Part 'NearFutureLaunchVehicles/Parts/FuelTank/fueltank-5/fueltank-nosecone-5-1/fueltank-nosecone-5-1' has no database record. Creating.

Welcome to the forums!  This is something that has to be fixed in the mod that's causing it (Near Future Launch Vehicles).  This error looks familiar so it may be known already but I'm not 100% sure.  It will not prevent you from playing the game but may point to some unexpected behavior when using that particular part.

B9PartSwitch v2.5.0 for KSP 1.5.1

• Allow moving stack nodes
    • Within a SUBTYPE, NODE nodes take a name (node ID) and a position (x, y, z position of the node)
  • Fix log message for duplicated subtype names
  • Fix texture switching behaving weirdly when copying a part in the editor

Quick example for moving attach nodes:

PART
{
    // ...
    node_stack_top = 0.0, 2.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleB9PartSwitch

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = Default
        }

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = Moved

NODE
            {
                name = top
                position = 0.5, 2.0, 0.0
            }
        }
    }
}

As with other things, any subtypes that don't specify a position will have the attach node moved back to its original position.  Only one module on a part can manage any individual attach node's position.  Also note that a NODE will not modify the stack node's enabled status, that is still done only via node = xxx on the subtype.  I acknowledge that this might be somewhat confusing and may look into changing it in the future.

Edited by blowfish

HI!

I'm trying to make a part of the mod Kerbal Planetary Base Systems switch between 4 pre-exiting models:

6g6WVBG.png

Like in the image, I want that the same part can switch between all the 4 models.

I tried as a test:

Spoiler

MODULE
    {

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = TEST
            transform = Container_Elektron
        }

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = TEST2
            transform = Container_Sabatier
        }

}

I get the option to switch, but nothing happens with the model. The models are all in the same paste, by the names:

Container_CarbonExtractor.mu
Container_Elektron.mu
Container_Sabatier.mu
Container_Airfilter.mu

What should I do? I'm really confused.

Many thanks!

1 hour ago, MaximumThrust said:

HI!

I'm trying to make a part of the mod Kerbal Planetary Base Systems switch between 4 pre-exiting models:

KSP adds all the models to the part's hierarchy.  That doesn't mean that you will end up with objects having the same name as the model's filename in there.  You need the names of the actual objects.  I'd recommend using sarbian's DebugStuff plugin to determine exactly what names you need.

34 minutes ago, blowfish said:

KSP adds all the models to the part's hierarchy.  That doesn't mean that you will end up with objects having the same name as the model's filename in there.  You need the names of the actual objects.  I'd recommend using sarbian's DebugStuff plugin to determine exactly what names you need.

That made a lot of sense now. Seeing some other mods I started to suspect I would need to use some info that was inside the .mu files. I did what you said:

IwndGII.png

I tried using the "KKAOSS.LS.container.sabatier" instead of the "Container_Sabatier", but it didn't worked.

What name should I use? Should I keep the same module structure I posted before? If you can give me an example would be very helpful.

Spoiler

MODULE
    {

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = TEST
            transform = KKAOSS.LS.container.elektron
        }

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = TEST2
            transform = KKAOSS.LS.container.sabatier
        }

}

Many thanks!

Edited by MaximumThrust

1 minute ago, MaximumThrust said:

That made a lot of sense now. Seeing some other mods I started to suspect I would need to use some info that was inside the .mu files. I did what you said:

I tried using the "KKAOSS.LS.container.sabatier" instead of the "Container_Sabatier.mu", but it didn't worked.

What name should I use? Should I keep the same module structure I posted before? If you can give me an example would be very helpful.

Many thanks!

That's the part itself, you'll want stuff below the "model" object.  It looks like in your case you'll want the long name ( PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Sabatier(Clone) ).  Some models have another object below that with a unique name you can use, but not all (just depends on how they are set up).  If you add more than one model with MODEL {} nodes and then look at the hierarchy you will probably see why this is the level you need to switch at.

8 hours ago, blowfish said:

That's the part itself, you'll want stuff below the "model" object.  It looks like in your case you'll want the long name ( PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Sabatier(Clone) ).  Some models have another object below that with a unique name you can use, but not all (just depends on how they are set up).  If you add more than one model with MODEL {} nodes and then look at the hierarchy you will probably see why this is the level you need to switch at.

I used the following:

Spoiler

MODULE
    {

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = TEST
            transform = PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Elektron(Clone)
        }

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = TEST2
            transform = PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Sabatier(Clone)
        }

}

Now, when I switch to the "TEST2", the part becomes invisible. I'm trying to use 4 different models for the same part, each one are in a different .mu file.

Any ideia what I'm doing wrong?

2 hours ago, MaximumThrust said:

I used the following:

Hide contents

MODULE
    {

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = TEST
            transform = PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Elektron(Clone)
        }

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = TEST2
            transform = PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Sabatier(Clone)
        }

}

Now, when I switch to the "TEST2", the part becomes invisible. I'm trying to use 4 different models for the same part, each one are in a different .mu file.

Any ideia what I'm doing wrong?

Can you show me the full config as it currently stands?

4 hours ago, blowfish said:

Can you show me the full config as it currently stands?

Sure. This is a 1.3.1 install, and since it's definitive and only for personal use, I didn't used the MM, I put the edits inside the .cfg of the part. Once I finish and know how to do, I may do a patch.

The full config of the part:

Spoiler

PART:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]
{
    // Kerbal Space Program - Part Config
    // A container that splits water into waste and oxygen

MODEL
    {
        model = PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Elektron
    }

// --- general parameters ---
    name = KKAOSS_LS_container_elektron
    module = Part
    author = Nils277

// --- asset parameters ---
    scale = 1
    rescaleFactor = 1
    CoMOffset = -0.45, 0, 0

// --- node definitions ---
    node_stack_top = 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1

// --- editor parameters ---
    TechRequired = basicScience
    entryCost = 8000
    cost = 500
    category = none
    subcategory = 0
    title = #LOC_KPBS.elektroncontainer.title
    manufacturer = #LOC_KPBS.agency
    description = #LOC_KPBS.elektroncontainer.description

// --- attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision ---
    attachRules = 1,0,1,0,0
    tags = #LOC_KPBS.usilsrecyclercontainer.tags

// --- standard part parameters ---
    mass = 0.1
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0.2
    minimum_drag = 0.2
    angularDrag = 2
    crashTolerance = 15
    maxTemp = 2000 // = 3000

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleLifeSupportRecycler
        CrewCapacity = 1
        RecyclePercent = 0.6
        ConverterName = #LOC_KPBS.lifesupport.name
        tag = #LOC_KPBS.lifesupport.tag
        StartActionName = #LOC_KPBS.lifesupport.start
        StopActionName = #LOC_KPBS.lifesupport.stop

INPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = ElectricCharge
            Ratio = 1
        }
    }

MODULE
    {

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = TEST
        }

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = TEST2
        }

}

}

//------------------COMMUNITY TECHTREE-------------------------
@PART[KKAOSS_LS_container_USILS_recycler]:FOR[PlanetarySurfaceStructures]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = recycling
}

I want the same part to switch between these 4 models, inside the folder GameData\PlanetaryBaseInc\ModSupport\Parts\LifeSupport

nUYJmqr.png

Why? Because I really like the models and want to use them, but in the USI-LS don't make much sense to have different recyclers of the same size, and I don't want to do a dirt solution and have 4 identical parts with the same function. I think B9 Part Switch can do that in a much better and cleaner way, and I already have it as requisite for other mods.

Thanks again!

Edited by MaximumThrust

1 minute ago, MaximumThrust said:

The full config of the part:

Reveal hidden contents

PART:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]
{
    // Kerbal Space Program - Part Config
    // A container that splits water into waste and oxygen

MODEL
    {
    }

// --- general parameters ---
    name = KKAOSS_LS_container_elektron
    module = Part
    author = Nils277

// --- asset parameters ---
    scale = 1
    rescaleFactor = 1
    CoMOffset = -0.45, 0, 0

// --- node definitions ---
    node_stack_top = 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1

// --- editor parameters ---
    TechRequired = basicScience
    entryCost = 8000
    cost = 500
    category = none
    subcategory = 0
    title = #LOC_KPBS.elektroncontainer.title
    manufacturer = #LOC_KPBS.agency
    description = #LOC_KPBS.elektroncontainer.description

// --- attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision ---
    attachRules = 1,0,1,0,0
    tags = #LOC_KPBS.usilsrecyclercontainer.tags

// --- standard part parameters ---
    mass = 0.1
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0.2
    minimum_drag = 0.2
    angularDrag = 2
    crashTolerance = 15
    maxTemp = 2000 // = 3000

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleLifeSupportRecycler
        CrewCapacity = 1
        RecyclePercent = 0.6
        ConverterName = #LOC_KPBS.lifesupport.name
        tag = #LOC_KPBS.lifesupport.tag
        StartActionName = #LOC_KPBS.lifesupport.start
        StopActionName = #LOC_KPBS.lifesupport.stop

INPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = ElectricCharge
            Ratio = 1
        }
    }

MODULE
    {

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = TEST
        }

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = TEST2
        }

}

}

//------------------COMMUNITY TECHTREE-------------------------
@PART[KKAOSS_LS_container_USILS_recycler]:FOR[PlanetarySurfaceStructures]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = recycling
}

Well it looks like you've only added one MODEL {} to the part.  B9PartSwitch can't actually add anything to the part, it can only enable/disable what's already there.

Just now, blowfish said:

Well it looks like you've only added one MODEL {} to the part.  B9PartSwitch can't actually add anything to the part, it can only enable/disable what's already there.

This is the original config of the part, I didn't changed that. If I change to this:

Spoiler

MODEL
    {
        model = PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Sabatier

}

It should work?

2 minutes ago, MaximumThrust said:

This is the original config of the part, I didn't changed that. If I change to this:

Hide contents

MODEL
    {

}

It should work?

They need to be in separate MODEL nodes, but otherwise yes.

8 minutes ago, blowfish said:

They need to be in separate MODEL nodes, but otherwise yes.

What would be a MODEL node, exactly?

I tried a lot of things, like this:

Spoiler

MODEL
    {
    }

MODEL
    {
    }

The part show but it's invisible.

And this (with , and  ; ), and the part don't even show in the list.

Spoiler

MODEL
    {
        model = PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Elektron,PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/Container_Sabatier
    }

What should I write in the config? :huh::/

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for the patience.

2 minutes ago, MaximumThrust said:

What would be a MODEL node, exactly?

I tried a lot of things, like this:

Hide contents

MODEL
    {
    }

MODEL
    {
    }

That looks correct to me.  Maybe check with DebugStuff one more time to make sure everything looks as it should?  And also check for errors in the log.

13 minutes ago, blowfish said:

That looks correct to me.  Maybe check with DebugStuff one more time to make sure everything looks as it should?  And also check for errors in the log.

I was doing everything in a test install, so I reinstalled the mods and started over, and now it worked!! I must have done something wrong with the .cfgs (that's why I do these things in a test install).

I noted when using Ctrl + C direct from the forum make some strange dashs " - " apear inside the Notepad++, that I can't select :huh: Could be that.

Well, it worked perfectly, and now I have only one part with the 4 models, instead of 4 redundant ones.

Many thanks for your patience, I have learned a lot. All the best for you. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

[LOG 16:37:18.952] [ModuleManager] Calling B9PartSwitch.B9TankSettings.ModuleManagerPostLoad()
[LOG 16:37:18.960] Generating field configuration for type B9PartSwitch.TankType
[LOG 16:37:18.971] Generating field configuration for type B9PartSwitch.TankResource
[LOG 16:37:18.971] B9TankSettings: registered tank type LiquidFuel
[LOG 16:37:18.971] B9TankSettings: registered tank type LFO
[LOG 16:37:18.971] B9TankSettings: registered tank type MonoPropellant
[LOG 16:37:18.971] B9TankSettings: registered tank type Battery
[LOG 16:37:18.971] B9TankSettings: registered tank type bdbLH2
[LOG 16:37:18.971] B9TankSettings: registered tank type bdbLH2O
[LOG 16:37:18.971] B9TankSettings: registered tank type bdbLFOX
[LOG 16:37:18.971] B9TankSettings: registered tank type bdbBalloon
[LOG 16:37:18.971] B9TankSettings: registered tank type bdbMonoProp
[LOG 16:37:18.971] B9TankSettings: registered tank type bdbSupplyOre
[LOG 16:37:18.971] B9TankSettings: registered tank type bdbSkylabLH2O
[LOG 16:37:18.971] B9TankSettings: registered tank type bdbSkylabLFOX
[LOG 16:37:18.972] B9TankSettings: registered tank type bdbSkylabLab
[LOG 16:37:18.972] B9TankSettings: registered tank type bdbSupplySnacks
[LOG 16:37:18.972] B9TankSettings: registered tank type bdbSupplyEquipment
[LOG 16:37:18.972] B9TankSettings: registered tank type bdbSupplyResearchKits
[LOG 16:37:18.972] B9TankSettings: registered tank type LH2O
[LOG 16:37:18.972] B9TankSettings: registered tank type LH2
[LOG 16:37:18.972] B9TankSettings: registered tank type LH2OCryo
[LOG 16:37:18.972] B9TankSettings: registered tank type LH2Cryo
[LOG 16:37:18.972] B9TankSettings: registered tank type OX
[LOG 16:37:18.972] B9TankSettings: registered tank type LF
[LOG 16:37:18.972] B9TankSettings: registered tank type LFOX
[LOG 16:37:18.972] B9TankSettings: registered tank type DS_PPLM
[WRN 16:37:18.981] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[ERR 16:37:18.983] [ModuleManager] Exception while calling B9PartSwitch.B9TankSettings.ModuleManagerPostLoad()

[EXC 16:37:18.984] PartResourceNotFoundException: No resource definition named 'Oxium' could be found
    B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Parsers.PartResourceDefinitionValueParser.FindResourceDefinition (System.String name)
    B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Parsers.ValueParser`1[T].Parse (System.String value)
    B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataMappers.ValueScalarMapper.Load (System.Object& fieldValue, .ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context)
    B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataField.Load (.ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context)
    B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataList.Load (.ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context)
    Rethrow as HandledFatalException: Fatal exception while attempting to load fields for B9PartSwitch.TankResource
    B9PartSwitch.FatalErrorHandler.HandleFatalError (B9PartSwitch.FatalException exception)
    B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataList.Load (.ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context)
    B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataObjectExtensions.LoadFields (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context)
    B9PartSwitch.TankResource.Load (.ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context)
    B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Parsers.NodeObjectWrapper.Load (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context)
    B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataMappers.NodeListMapper.Load (System.Object& fieldValue, .ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context)
    B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataField.Load (.ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters)
    ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader+<ProcessPatch>d__31.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception)
    ModuleManager.Logging.UnityLogger:Exception(String, Exception)
    ModuleManager.Logging.ModLogger:Exception(String, Exception)
    ModuleManager.<ProcessPatch>d__31:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

I reinstalled angel-125's mods and B9PS threw me an exception that "Oxium" couldn't be found and forces me to quit, is there any way to fix this?

19 minutes ago, BRAAAP_STUTUTU said:

I reinstalled angel-125's mods and B9PS threw me an exception that "Oxium" couldn't be found and forces me to quit, is there any way to fix this?

Have you installed all the appropriate dependencies? Community Resource Pack is probably the one that's missing, that would include the Oxium definition. I don't use any of Angel-125's stuff because there's so many co-dependencies and interconnections, so I don't know for sure if it might have its own resource definitions in one of the WildBlue packs.

3 minutes ago, JH4C said:

Have you installed all the appropriate dependencies? Community Resource Pack is probably the one that's missing, that would include the Oxium definition. I don't use any of Angel-125's stuff because there's so many co-dependencies and interconnections, so I don't know for sure if it might have its own resource definitions in one of the WildBlue packs.

I definitely have CRP, angel-125 kinda moved away from CRP though, so oxium is normally in WildBlue/ClassicStockResources but those configs are disabled when not in CSR play mode..

oh god, it got even worse now....

maybe WBT just hard conflict with B9PS?

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

@BRAAAP_STUTUTU My mods are installed. I created a tank type for Oxium. There is a conflict between the play mode my mods are in, and the play mode the WBI mods are in.

I do have most of your mods, i did have both working before but i think that was using the broken set of last releases of the WBI suite of mods.

So ehh, how can i fix this?