[1.11.2] B9PartSwitch v2.18.0 (March 17)

blowfish

On 5/4/2019 at 9:33 PM, blowfish said:

It’s nothing that wasn’t broken before too, B9PartSwitch is just complaining about it now rather than just writing to the log so that they actually get fixed. You can send me your log if you want and I can see if any other mods have bad data too and let the authors know.

Does this mean i can load my save and continue my exploration? or should i wait for a fix?

1 hour ago, Shizen said:

Does this mean i can load my save and continue my exploration? or should i wait for a fix?

Yeah.  If it's complaining now, it's nothing that wasn't silently broken before too.

@Nertea, @KSPrynk, and anyone else getting that "no transforms named ladders" error, I opened up the expandable centrifuge 375 2 config file and saw "transform = Ladders"  on line 207.  None of the other subtypes had that.  I made a backup copy of the config file and deleted the line, and when I reloaded KSP I did not get the error.  I think this is a case of "Captain CopyPaste strikes again" (I'm a software developer by trade, and suffered my share of copy/paste errors.)

Edited by Krymson Skorpyon
redacted by a moderator

@blowfish

I don't see this in the documentation, but is there any way to specify a scaling factor to a transform?  The idea is to not use TweakScale, but emulate in a poor man's way what it does.  I don't mind specifying the values which will need to be changed, and scaling the model is the only thing I don't see here.

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@blowfish

I don't see this in the documentation, but is there any way to specify a scaling factor to a transform?  The idea is to not use TweakScale, but emulate in a poor man's way what it does.  I don't mind specifying the values which will need to be changed, and scaling the model is the only thing I don't see here.

Not currently.  It would be a feature request, but probably pretty easy to implement since the instrumentation for modifying transforms is already there.

On 5/11/2019 at 9:12 PM, Krymson Skorpyon said:

@Nertea, @KSPrynk, and anyone else getting that "no transforms named ladders" error, I opened up the expandable centrifuge 375 2 config file and saw "transform = Ladders"  on line 207.  None of the other subtypes had that.  I made a backup copy of the config file and deleted the line, and when I reloaded KSP I did not get the error.  I think this is a case of "Captain CopyPaste strikes again" (I'm a software developer by trade, and suffered my share of copy/paste errors.)

I was getting that very thing. Let me narrate my misadventures in this area, and perhaps enlighten somewhat other adventurers in the realm of dealing with mods. 

I was getting the same 'ladder-and-whatnot' warning. Damn, I thought, is this a serious thing? Turns out, as someone said elsewhere in this forum (not this thread though), it seems that those warnings already existed before, but were merely dumped in a log nobody read. So it would seem we are 'freaking out' (his words) unnecessarily. Indeed, playing made me feel that there is not really anything going wrong. Hmmmm.... 

Be that as it may, i decided to get rid of the messages. So I manually erased some mods, downloaded them again, did multiple times of the old drag-and-droparoo, and sure enough, the warnings multiplied. It is a bad omen when you drag and drop the B9partswithch folder several successive times within a few minutes. All of them prompt "so and so files with the same name, replace, keep...?", and you think "hmmm... I have a bad feeling about this...". At one time startup was giving me some 10 different B9 warnings of errors, mostly "no transforms named so and so", but other things too. Still it didn't seem to be impeding me from playing, but I still wanted to clear that up.

The problem is, as I reckon it, that downloading several different mods from, say, spacedock, all of them with the same dependencies, can cause errors if you overlap too much of the same thing too many times. Its pushing the odds, because, for instance, what if any of the B9ps folders in any of the 'near future' mods contain one single line that is different, in one of them? And in fact I had recently updated all of my 'near future' mods, and all of them contain identical  dependencies. If one single of them has something wrongly typed, all of them will suffer.

My solution - which worked and did away with the warnings! - was this: I manually deleted all my "near futures", along with the B9 folder. Then I reinstalled them all, BUT FROM CKAN, which (allegedly) does a better job than we mere humans in relation to correctly mingling mods as they should mingle. Ta-daaa! No more errors. Well, actually now only one error, but this time it was clearly referring to a "space station parts redux" part. So I manually deleted that too, and again, reinstalled it from CKAN

No more errors! 

PS: i would guess the "no transforms name ladders" etc also has to do with "space station parts redux". If you use it, try cleaning the slab, but, really scrubbing it hard over there, then reinstalling the whole thing (B9 and all mods that use it as a dependency) from scratch, all at once, from CKAN.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2019 at 2:12 AM, Krymson Skorpyon said:

Thank you, very helpful. I ran into the same issue just now and got it fixed with the info you provided - kudos!

Need a bit of help here.

I'm trying to add this to the RetroFuture mod.  So far, I have the code below.

No errors in the log, when I do the switch, it is properly recorded in the log, but the textures do not change on the part:

[Part rectCkPit] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'textureSwitch'] Switched subtype to Retro

[Part rectCkPit] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'textureSwitch'] Switched subtype to Stock

:

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
		moduleID = textureSwitch

SUBTYPE
		{
			name = Stock
			TEXTURE
			{
				texture = RetroFuture/StockScheme/rectCkPit_DIF
				transform = rectCkPit_DIF
			}
			TEXTURE
			{
				isNormalMap = true
				texture = RetroFuture/StockScheme/rectCkPit_NRM
				transform = rectCkPit_NRM
			}
		}
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = Retro
			TEXTURE
			{
				texture = RetroFuture/Textures/rectCkPit_DIF
				transform = rectCkPit_DIF
			}
			TEXTURE
			{
				isNormalMap = true
				texture = RetroFuture/Textures/rectCkPit_NRM
				transform = rectCkPit_NRM
			}
		}

}

On 6/4/2019 at 6:46 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Need a bit of help here.

I'm trying to add this to the RetroFuture mod.  So far, I have the code below.

No errors in the log, when I do the switch, it is properly recorded in the log, but the textures do not change on the part:

Are there any errors when the part is being compiled or when placing the part?  It would be more likely to see them there.

Also you don't need to implement a texture switch for the texture the model comes with.  That just works (unlike the stock variants module)

2 hours ago, blowfish said:

Are there any errors when the part is being compiled or when placing the part?  It would be more likely to see them there.

Also you don't need to implement a texture switch for the texture the model comes with.  That just works (unlike the stock variants module)

I got it working, I was specifying a transform when I should have specified the original texture.

Is there any way to have something like the stock themes for the partvariants?

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I got it working, I was specifying a transform when I should have specified the original texture.

Ah yeah, probably should have caught that looking at your config.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is there any way to have something like the stock themes for the partvariants?

Which aspect are you talking about specifically?  The ability to assign across the entire vessel?

18 minutes ago, Burningfury said:

Hi, I got an issue. When I load up KSP, B9 Part Switch has a fatal error and needs to close. Here is a screen shot of the error: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1763402751

If the log is needed, where would it be?

Any help is gratefully appreciated :)

Welcome to the forums!

This error does indeed indicate that something is very wrong with your install.  The log will identify what the issue is, post above mine has instructions on where to find it and what to do with it (same as the how to get support link in my signature)

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Stock now has Themes for the PartVarients.  Quoting @Electrocutor:

Not a big deal, but is a nice feature, if possible

Right I knew that, I was just trying to figure out exactly what functionality you were talking about.  Add a Github issue and I'll look into it

Edited by blowfish

(note that this was some quick 1.7.1 testing) In 1..7.1, fuel switching seems to keep duplicate resources.

Its a bit like this, using hydrogen and liqiud fuel as example:

1.Theres, lets say 100 Liqiud fuel in the tank.

2.When i switch the fuel, the tank stil has 100 liqiud fuel AND liqiud hydrogen in it now.

I'm suffering from the same issue DriftedCougar, except not only does it duplicate resources, but changing the size of the fuel tanks does not change the amount of fuel in them, which definitely breaks a lot of mods.

I know there’s an issue with the part action window not refreshing it’s contents.  For any other issue, be sure to click out of it and re-open it to be sure what you see is really happening.

E: in my testing it looked like this was the only issue

Edited by blowfish