[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Oh boy, better off asking there. I have zero knowledge as to how that mod works, expect the fact that its procedural. I assume it could be a ton of different reasons that are causing the null refs

@Bandus and I worked it out. Sorry for the false alarm over here.

I got a problem with this. After I install the MOD, the other planet looks great. But after I change back to the base the ground on the Kerban are excessive exposure. Day time the ground looks like the snow cover all the ground and the building are so hard to see.

Spoiler

hAnkqu4.png

Edited by 7thDragonii

35 minutes ago, 7thDragonii said:

I got a problem with this. After I install the MOD, the other planet looks great. But after I change back to the base the ground on the Kerban are excessive exposure. Day time the ground looks like the snow cover all the ground and the building are so hard to see.

hAnkqu4.png

you need to report the problems to the developers of the planet packs you are using

if you don't have any planet pack installed, click on the nyan cat in my sig and follow the instructions

EDIT: also, if you could hide pictures inside spoilers that would help maintaining the thread easier to read for everyone

Edited by Sigma88

Anyone know why sometime when you return to the space centre the sky is all black with white clouds (or is it white sky with black clouds) ? The only way to fix is to exit game and go back in.  Happens generally every time I play.

I'm using SVE, SVT, Planetshine and Distant objects amongst other non-graphic mods.

6 minutes ago, Chaosrik said:

Anyone know why sometime when you return to the space centre the sky is all black with white clouds (or is it white sky with black clouds) ? The only way to fix is to exit game and go back in.  Happens generally every time I play.

I'm using SVE, SVT, Planetshine and Distant objects amongst other non-graphic mods.

It's a known scatterer bug and you don't have to quit. You can simply enter and exit a building. Might take a couple of times, though. 

13 minutes ago, Chaosrik said:

when you return to the space centre the sky is all...

That is a known bug that only effects the Space center view.  It's mentioned in the OP.  You can go to the tracking station then back to KSC and it will be fixed.  

But since its just a visual effect that only effects the KSC screen, it is easily ignored... Just don't sit there staring at the KSC... :wink:

:ph34r: late ninja was late

Edited by MrChumley

@tjsnh Although KSP (and Kopernicus) don't support axial tilts, I've seen it faked using EVE to give gas planet's clouds an axial tilt. See 

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/140580-130-122-kopernicus-release-6-aug-25/&do=findComment&comment=3150822

and

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/149733-13-122-environmentalvisualenhancements-122-1/&page=23&tab=comments#comment-3131986

Edited by Aelfhe1m

1 hour ago, tjsnh said:

Ah crud, thats what I feared. Thanks for the info though.

10 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Yep this is how GPP does it as well. It's a pretty cool effect. I think its does a good job in lieu of an actual axial tilt feature

19 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Thank you, it will require some trial & error, but I think that might work for what I'm trying to do (mainly, "fix" Uranus in my local RSS install. its a minor detail, but bugs the hell out of me lol)

The only issue that remains is that the moons still rotate on the ecliptic plane and not on the same axis as their parent planet that has simulated tilt. For OPM-Tilit, Sigma88 adjusted Urlum's moon's textures through 90 degrees and changed the rotational period of said moons to an incredibly large amount to stop this issue from being perceived.

Edited by Poodmund

1 minute ago, Poodmund said:

The only issue that remains is that the moons still rotate on the ecliptic plane and not on the same axis as their parent planet that has simulated tilt.

It still baffles me why it was chosen that axial tilt wasn't going to be one of the core features of the PQS-System. KSP has been crippled for years by that strange decision. 

I'm having a problem to the extent that @OhioBob suggested I ask here. I will say that without his patience and kindness, I'd not have made it this far...

I'm trying to build a system and have a planet I am currently working on. For some reason, when I look at it in the Tracking Center, I get this:

Spoiler

Qnk8wok.png

It also happens when I view the planet and zoom out in real space past a certain point. But this next image is right at the edge of the "zoom out" where the planet becomes a black sphere in space.

Spoiler

vwFmcgk.png

I'm really not sure what's going on, but thought maybe you all could help. Here's a link to the config files... and I appreciate any help you can give.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9bz92533tm0xt06/AADd29GxVQckJae8G5bbQtCOa?dl=0

Edited by adsii1970

9 hours ago, Galileo said:

This is an SVT issue not a kopernicus one. I'll fix it when I have time

Hi, thanks. How can it be a SVT problem if it happened yesterday after installing kopernicus alone? I tried to install one mod at the time to see when it was popping. After releasing kopernicus mod files into the gamedata, I run the game and the sun was corrupt. Before installing SVT files...

3 hours ago, Annoluce said:

Hi, thanks. How can it be a SVT problem if it happened yesterday after installing kopernicus alone? I tried to install one mod at the time to see when it was popping. After releasing kopernicus mod files into the gamedata, I run the game and the sun was corrupt. Before installing SVT files...

If you do a clean install of kopernicus

(Only ksp and kopernicus requirements, no other mods)

You should find that the sun is unaffected.

If you are still seeing issues on such an install click the nyan cat in my sig and follow the instructions

19 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

If you do a clean install of kopernicus

(Only ksp and kopernicus requirements, no other mods)

You should find that the sun is unaffected.

If you are still seeing issues on such an install click the nyan cat in my sig and follow the instructions

Hi, thanks. I also have EVE and SVE installed (and other mods such as distant objects, engine light) and I have a good detail on Kerbin. You say that I should instead strat from clean KSP, install kopernicus, and then proceed with EVE/SVE/SVT and other mods? Is this the correct order to proceed and this will fix the issue? Is the order of installation the issue? Thanks for your reply

53 minutes ago, Annoluce said:

Hi, thanks. I also have EVE and SVE installed (and other mods such as distant objects, engine light) and I have a good detail on Kerbin. You say that I should instead strat from clean KSP, install kopernicus, and then proceed with EVE/SVE/SVT and other mods? Is this the correct order to proceed and this will fix the issue? Is the order of installation the issue? Thanks for your reply

if you don't experience the issue with only kopernicus, but need to istall EVE/SVE/SVT it means it's either a bug of those mods or an incompatibility issue between those mods and kopernicus.

if that's the case I'm not familiar enough with those mods to give you support, so you might want to try asking the devs of those mods.

BUT

@Galileo already told you it's a SVT issue and that he will fix it when he has time, so I'm not sure what more I can do for you

Edited by Sigma88

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.