useNewShader = true
				penumbraMultiplier = 10.0
				lockRotation = true
				innerRadius = 1500
				outerRadius = 3000
				angle = 4
			}
		}

What's most surprising to me is that the ring is colored despite the color value, meaning that the texture is applied. Is a change to the texture necessary as well? Because right now the texture is 1x1024 pixels.

I have this issue too with KSS - rings turn into a transparent disc with 1 color, they only work when the shader is turned of.

i got the ring issue with sarnus ring.... not with svt jool ring... has something to do with the rotation of the ring texture...

svt jool ring is 2048x125

opm sarnus ring is 1x1024

im not an expert on this... just copy and paste till it works

rotating texture 90°  makes it work

Edited by eLDude

On 2/4/2017 at 8:07 AM, StarCrusher96 said:

useNewShader = true

penumbraMultiplier = 10.0

I added these two lines to the Jool rings cfg and works great. 

Did the same in the Sarnus and Urlum(sp?) Kopernicus cfgs and the rings disappear. Any help for the cfg challenged is appreciated. 

1 minute ago, Red Shirt said:

I added these two lines to the Jool rings cfg and works great. 

Did the same in the Sarnus and Urlum(sp?) Kopernicus cfgs and the rings disappear. Any help for the cfg challenged is appreciated. 

It seems to depend from texture to texture ...

Just now, The White Guardian said:

I have the same problem, only one ring can have the ring shaders active at a specific time, all other rings that have these shaders disappear.

I have already informed @blackrack of this issue and I'm sure he will look into it sooner than later

5 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

Thanks. Looking forward to the fix and scatterer surface shadows. 

The surface shadows work in scatterer, it's just the ring shader in kopernicus that is broken.

Edited by Galileo

@Thomas P. , I don't know if you remember, but a while ago, I inquired if you know why is it that when Kopernicus is installed, FPS drops to 44 in KSC instead of the usual 60. I listed a load of other mods I have installed, and you suggested me installing just Kopernicus and it's dependencies, and then adding mods one by one until I find the conflict.

So I did just that. However, there is no single mod that causes FPS drop. It's gradual. When only Kopernicus and it's dependencies is installed, FPS in KSC is 60. If I add mods, once by one, it goes to 59, 58, 57, etc. with each mod, until it hits 44 by the time I install my full mod list. However, if I uninstall Kopernicus, fps is back at solid 60 in KSC, even with all these other mods installed.

My conclusion is that there is no single conflict, but that Kopernicus somehow acts as a load multiplier - it slows down the game depending on how many other mods are there installed.

Do you have any insights into this? I can do some more testing if you need, but I really don't know what I'm looking for.

Hello!

I recently started playing around with Kopernicus, and I find it a great and useful tool. However, I have not been able to get my texture to load! I am starting small, making my gas giant planet Saba(I posted it on the main subreddit). I have followed many tutorials, and checked to make sure it all looks right. The orbit color is right, the description is right, the size it right... It is supposed to have my texture(http://imgur.com/a/WTrx8), but it shows up in-game as a white orb. I'm pretty sure my file path is right. It is saved as a DDS file(although maybe not in the right place...?), but when I open it up in the Kopernicus file it is blank. I've narrowed it down to two issues. One, my files are all messed up. I don't really know how my files should be layered and what exactly they need to be called.(http://imgur.com/a/QTZJy) Hence the main file not finding the texture. Two, the texture itself is not working. Again, my DDS viewer works fine outside of the Kopernicus files and displays them great, but when I move them in and then open them it shows up blank. I even downloaded OPM just to look at the texture files, and interestingly I had the same problem. I cannot view them.

So, any help would be appreciated on this! I just want to start making planets!

@DonArmadillo this happens because StarSystems does not define the brightness curve for the stars correctly

If you wanted to fix that yourself you would need to edit the cfgs to give the stars brightness curves that work properly (there's a lot of trial and error to get it right, probably why the author of the mod didn't bother with it)

@darwinpatrick try copying this into a cfg and see if it works

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	%useOnDemand = false
}

Edited by Sigma88

@Signma88 Thanks! I tried editing the config files of kerbol. Changing all settings containing brightness/luminosity from 1 to 0.1. One of those settings was set to 0.89999 and I also changed it to 0.1. After these changes luminosity was very low in vessel view or eva (as expected) but map view was completely unaffected.
Could you give me a hint for where I should look to change the luminosity in map view.

4 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

@DonArmadillo this happens because StarSystems does not define the brightness curve for the stars correctly

If you wanted to fix that yourself you would need to edit the cfgs to give the stars brightness curves that work properly (there's a lot of trial and error to get it right, probably why the author of the mod didn't bother with it)

@darwinpatrick try copying this into a cfg and see if it works

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	%useOnDemand = false
}

Great, but where do I copy this in? I'm guessing right at the bottom, outside of all the braces.

5 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

Just create a new cfg file and paste that inside

Save the file wherever you want inside GameData

What should I call the file? Anything specific?

Edit: tried "Saba_CFG.cfg" and it did not work.

Edited by darwinpatrick
I had to clarify such that I could be helped.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.