[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

1 minute ago, Kerbinidiel said:

hi,

I never used Kopernicus... i have a question

if i create a new solar system with only a sun, kerbin and mun... the game will require less performance from my computer?

or the performance required are the same i i use a stock system or a planet pack with more planets?

Kopernicus loads and unloads textures on the go, so it wouldn't really matter performance-wise.

EDIT: what matters is the amount of planets on-screen, and how big their textures are.

Edited by The White Guardian

10 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Kopernicus loads and unloads textures on the go, so it wouldn't really matter performance-wise.

EDIT: what matters is the amount of planets on-screen, and how big their textures are.

While thats true for modded planets, it doesn't apply to stock planets as long as you don't export their textures and re-apply them through Kopernicus.

27 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

i'm using the stock solar system...

i thinked with only one sun and one planet the game load less things... and than my computer works better... this is wrong?

Edited by Kerbinidiel

1 hour ago, Kerbinidiel said:

i'm using the stock solar system...

i thinked with only one sun and one planet the game load less things... and than my computer works better... this is wrong?

If Kopernicus does not touch the stock planets, then yes it should be easier for the computer to handle.

Keep the following in mind however - it will not be a big change. KSP was made very, very cleverly - you have to get close to a planet for it to start rendering the terrain. From far away they are nothing but textured spheres.

If you want your game to run faster, try decreasing the texture resolution. It is by far the most consuming.

1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

If Kopernicus does not touch the stock planets, then yes it should be easier for the computer to handle.

Keep the following in mind however - it will not be a big change. KSP was made very, very cleverly - you have to get close to a planet for it to start rendering the terrain. From far away they are nothing but textured spheres.

If you want your game to run faster, try decreasing the texture resolution. It is by far the most consuming.

thanks... i try it

17 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

You need to check with the extrasolar guys to ask if they removed asteroids on purpose.

If you post your modulemanager cache file we might see what kind of asteroids are spawned in your system

I appreciate your helpful reply. I tested a single-player game with the exact same mod list and everything works swimmingly. The asteroid spawning issue seems to be exclusive to Dark Multiplayer in conjunction with Kopernicus. I did a quick test by disabling extrasolar. Still no asteroids in the DMP game, so it has to be something else.

I'm not sure how DMP handles asteroid generation for modded instances, considering that it normally considers asteroids "vessels" and synchronizes them to all players. I don't know why asteroids in Kopernicus are not handled this way.

7 hours ago, UntoldForce said:

I appreciate your helpful reply. I tested a single-player game with the exact same mod list and everything works swimmingly. The asteroid spawning issue seems to be exclusive to Dark Multiplayer in conjunction with Kopernicus. I did a quick test by disabling extrasolar. Still no asteroids in the DMP game, so it has to be something else.

I'm not sure how DMP handles asteroid generation for modded instances, considering that it normally considers asteroids "vessels" and synchronizes them to all players. I don't know why asteroids in Kopernicus are not handled this way.

They are

Kopernicus uses the same tools ksp uses to spawn asteroids as far as I know

18 minutes ago, Thomas P. said:

Kopernicus uses the same way, but it replaces the system that is actually spawning them. DMP doesn't know about that and just disables it, which leads to either no asteroid spawning or stock style asteroid spawning (depending on DMPs moot).

TL;DR: DMP disables anything related to asteroid spawning and emulates the stock behaviour.

Edited by Sigma88

2 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

They are

Kopernicus uses the same tools ksp uses to spawn asteroids as far as I know

It uses the same way, but it replaces the system that is actually spawning them. DMP doesn't know about that and just disables it, which leads to either no asteroid spawning or stock style asteroid spawning (depending on DMPs moot).

TL;DR: DMP disables anything related to asteroid spawning and emulates the stock behaviour.

Here's a Notepad++ language document designed to provide C# style syntax highlighting for Kopernicus in the "Deep Black" theme. To use, go to "Language" at the top and select "Define Your Language", then "Import" and select the XML File. You now have my WIP user defined language.

18 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

It uses the same way, but it replaces the system that is actually spawning them. DMP doesn't know about that and just disables it, which leads to either no asteroid spawning or stock style asteroid spawning (depending on DMPs moot).

So as far as I can tell, asteroids aren't spawning because DMP and Kopernicus disagree on the method to spawn them? Is it possible to disable Kopernicus' asteroid spawning through the config files? If this happens then I'll be left with stock asteroids, which is okay by me. It's not ideal, but it would be the easiest fix.

Earlier this evening, I received this screen of "planetary death" from Kopernicus:

vOk0Bxo.png

I've never seen this screen before, and being the planetary pack's author, I figured I would ask beg for your help... Here's a Dropbox for the requested files:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j3iuqun0jsu7r7d/AAAcZX-aIrl0UPL5LZqXq_M9a?dl=0

And here's the link for my messed up system:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9bz92533tm0xt06/AADd29GxVQckJae8G5bbQtCOa?dl=0

Any advice on what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.

36 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Earlier this evening...

Glancing at your log, it looks like a .DLL in your StockVisualEnhancements is causing problems, and throws exceptions referring to BDA adjustable landing gear?

It looks like the popup is from kopernicus just letting you know it is unable to load.

Edited by MrChumley

I'm trying to edit Vall. When I gave it a new height map, it worked. But the second I tried to change the moon's HeightColorMap options, the moon doesn't load. It is simply not there.  I'm not supplying logs, as it looks like there is something wrong with the config itself.

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
	@Body[Vall]
	{
		@Properties
		{
		}
		@PQS
		{
			Mods
			{
				VertexHeightMap
				{
					map = NK/PluginData/Vall_height.png
					offset = 0
					deformity = 7500
					scaleDeformityByRadius = False
					order = 10
					enabled = True
					index = 0
				}
				HeightColorMap
				{
					blend = 1
					order = 500
					enabled = True
					name = _Color
					index = 0
					LandClasses
					{
						Class
						{
							name = Ice
							color = 0.5882352941176471,0.5098039215686275,0.3803921568627451,1
							altitudeStart = 0
							altitudeEnd = 0.600000023841858
							lerpToNext = True
							delete = False
						}
						Class
						{
							name = Snow
							color = 0.8862745098039216,0.8745098039215686,0.8509803921568627,1
							altitudeStart = 0.600000023841858
							altitudeEnd = 0.699999988079071
							lerpToNext = True
							delete = False
						}
						Class
						{
							name = Snow
							color = 0.9372549019607843,0.9333333333333333,0.0.9294117647058824,1
							altitudeStart = 0.699999988079071
							altitudeEnd = 1
							lerpToNext = False
							delete = False
						}
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

"But the second I tried to change the moon's HeightColorMap options, the moon doesn't load."

The quote function seems to be on the fritz....

I think your problem is that the vall template already has a HeightColorMap, so yo have to remove the old one first.

Check out line 13 :wink:School.cfg

16 hours ago, MrChumley said:

"But the second I tried to change the moon's HeightColorMap options, the moon doesn't load."

The quote function seems to be on the fritz....

I think your problem is that the vall template already has a HeightColorMap, so yo have to remove the old one first.

Check out line 13 :wink:School.cfg

Ok thanks :). The only reason why I didn't try that is I didn't include that line, and it still worked on all of the planets worked on all the other planets I edited.

Edited by Adstriduum
Forgot period.

17 hours ago, MrChumley said:

I think your problem is that the vall template already has a HeightColorMap, so you have to remove the old one first.

while that is a solution that can work, it should be possible to just edit the existing HeightColorMap

but without logs it's impossible for us to see what is going wrong and give the proper support

Kopernicus 1.3.1-1 is live on Github.

* Fixed the displayName option on Biomes
* Added an option to stop Kopernicus from removing the biomes of the template body. (Templates/removeBiomes = false)
* Removed the isHomeWorld parameter and set it automatically for the body that is supposed to be Kerbin

Have fun.

4 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

Kopernicus 1.3.1-1 is live on Github.

* Fixed the displayName option on Biomes
* Added an option to stop Kopernicus from removing the biomes of the template body. (Templates/removeBiomes = false)
* Removed the isHomeWorld parameter and set it automatically for the body that is supposed to be Kerbin

Have fun.

Wow, quick work! Thanks :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.