[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

20 minutes ago, JoE Smash said:

So did you manually update to 1.4.5-4 then?

Or is CKAN updating this one step at a time?

CKAN should automatically update its listings with the latest Kopernicus releases, however, the process it uses to do this operates around timely intervals so it does not occur immediately.

4 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

CKAN should automatically update its listings with the latest Kopernicus releases, however, the process it uses to do this operates around timely intervals so it does not occur immediately.

Thank you very much for your reply m8!

I guess I'll just keep on refreshing the ole refresh button till my life can continue....

Edited by JoE Smash

Are the examples still up to date? Specifically, I'm asking about the Planet with Maps tutorial - https://github.com/Kopernicus/KopernicusExamples/blob/master/KopernicusExamples/Creating New Bodies/PlanetWithMaps/KopernicusPlanet.cfg

Is there just a blank planet with textures and everything already set up? I just want to mess around with heightmaps

So is the stuff from Kopernicus Expansion part of this now?

I ask because Kopernicus Expansion seems to not be updated anymore....

A lot of visual mods add gysers and stuff that I thought needed Kopernicus Expansion to function but said mods don't list it as a dependancy anymore.....just this Kopernicus.

So is Kopernicus Expansion like obsolete now?

7 minutes ago, JoE Smash said:

So is the stuff from Kopernicus Expansion part of this now?

I ask because Kopernicus Expansion seems to not be updated anymore....

A lot of visual mods add gysers and stuff that I thought needed Kopernicus Expansion to function but said mods don't list it as a dependancy anymore.....just this Kopernicus.

So is Kopernicus Expansion like obsolete now?

No, they are their own stand alone plugins and they still works with 1.4.5. 

Geysers are made with EVE, not Kopernicus Expansions.

Edited by Galileo

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

No, they are their own stand alone plugins and they still works with 1.4.5. 

Geysers are made with EVE, not Kopernicus Expansions.

Ok thanks.

I also noticed the final link in the Kopernicus Expansion WIP thread goes to an updated github...

Help! I need somebody help!

So, the problem is, that after installation the newest version of KSP 1.4.5 and the newest version of Kopernicus on the global planet map everything started to work very slow. On KSP version 1.4.2 I hadn't met such problem. I use Kopernicus with Outerplanet mod. Ship's view works fine. Could you please help with this? Logs&Configs

Edited by DuskFall
Forgot to add an information

4 hours ago, whitespacekilla said:

CC:  (some people) it's a stock bug (see: https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/19510), as I stated (probably in too abstract a manner?). Nayah-'s report confirms that KIS is not the only way to trigger the bug. Before a lot of events can be finished (scene switch, vessel switch, save, exit, load) the code runs a check to see if a vessel is landed in a stock launchsite (not important why it does this, just that it does). There's a mistake in the loop such that it is effectively:

for (int i = 0; i < someLaunchSites.Count(); i++) {
    if (someItemOfInterest = differentLaunchSites[i].SomeItem) { // ArgumentOutOfRangeException thrown here for obvious reasons
        // do some stuff
    }
}

This code is guarded by a clause that requires the expansion be installed and the two different lists of launch sites will be incidentally identical (thus having the same length and avoiding the AORE) if you avoid making certain edits.

Update: remove launch sites is really what activates the stock bug here and that's not even GPP functionality, that's Kopernicus functionality. I'm going to see what the Kopernicus devs think and they can either correct on their own or I'll research a fix and make a PR. Any luck this might be fixed for Kopernicus users soon.

So, fun stock bug that Kopernicus can trip up on with its "removeLaunchSites" configuration (which GPP uses) detailed in the quote above (from the GPP thread). I think it can be fixed in `Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.Start` LN267ish by digging a little deeper into the internal storage of the launch sites and removing from both lists (`PSystemSetup.Instance.StockLaunchSites` and `PSystemSetup.Instance.LaunchSites`). If I don't hear anything to the contrary I will probably submit a PR to fix later tonight (I'm innocent to the ways of the Kopernicus issue and bugfix workflow though so please forgive me if I overstep).

UPDATE: PR Submitted https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/pull/306 CC: @Thomas P. maybe?

Edited by whitespacekilla

On 8/14/2018 at 12:27 AM, Galileo said:

own stand alone plugins and they still works with 1.4.5.

can anybody plz confirm this for footprints?

edit:Work in 1.4.5 on mun with both 1.4.5.3/4 exept Duna/Ike/Eve.

any clue -?have SVT

Edited by Burning Kan
tests

20 hours ago, DuskFall said:

Help! I need somebody help!

So, the problem is, that after installation the newest version of KSP 1.4.5 and the newest version of Kopernicus on the global planet map everything started to work very slow. On KSP version 1.4.2 I hadn't met such problem. I use Kopernicus with Outerplanet mod. Ship's view works fine. Could you please help with this? Logs&Configs

I had the same problem, Kopernicus v.1.4.5-3 and onwards lags as hell when in map view. Try reverting to 1.4.5-2 version, it seems to be working just fine.

Edited by mieczyslav

22 minutes ago, mieczyslav said:

I had the same problem, Kopernicus v.1.4.5-3 and onwards lags as hell when in map view. Try reverting to 1.4.5-2 version, it seems to be working just fine.

Thanks a lot. Started to work really faster, but still meet some freezes.

Hello,

I am getting an NRE while trying to re-open the Kittopiatech window after it has been closed.

Fairly clean install all mods up to date.

Here is the NRE I am seeing:

[EXC 20:39:59.089] NullReferenceException
    KittopiaTech.UI.Framework.Window.Hide ()
    KittopiaTech.UI.Framework.Window.ToggleVisibility ()
    KittopiaTech.KittopiaTech.Update ()

Logs

Taking it here for good measure, I'm trying to flatten a piece of terrain. So far without success.

I've been told to try Map Decals, or Flatten Terrain. Neither seems to catch on. The only way that works is to move the whole of KSC, which flattens the terrain nicely, but is then sitting squat in the middle of it.

Help please.

1 hour ago, Laie said:

I've been told to try Map Decals, or Flatten Terrain. Neither seems to catch on.

MapDecal and FlattenArea should work, so you must be doing it wrong.  Here is a sample of something that works (this is from Nodens in GEP_Primary):

PQS
		{
			Mods
			{
				FlattenArea
				{
					name = Pyramids
					DEBUG_showColors = False
					flattenTo = 1770
					innerRadius = 400
					outerRadius = 1000
					position = -0.7795680037, -0.1133018723, -0.6159841015
					smoothEnd = 0
					smoothStart = 0
					order = 150
					enabled = True
				}
				MapDecal
				{
					name = Island_Airfield
					absolute = True
					absoluteOffset = 105
					angle = 110
					cullBlack = False
					DEBUG_HighlightInclusion = False
					heightMap = BUILTIN/island_runway_decal_heightmap
					heightMapDeformity = 10
					position = 0.3102601181, -0.0263579391, -0.9502862296
					removeScatter = True
					radius = 1200
					useAlphaHeightSmoothing = True
					order = 160
					enabled = True
					index = 0
				}
			}
		}

FYI, "position" is a unit position vector, where:

• 1,0,0 points at 0 longitude, 0 latitude
  • 0,1,0 points at the north pole
  • 0,0,1 points at 90 E longitude, 0 latitude.

Edited by OhioBob

21 hours ago, Some random person said:

Is there a version of Kopernicus for (or compatible with) KSP 1.4.1? If so, which one? If not, can one be made?

No, Koperniucs never released a 1.4.1 version.  It jumped from 1.3.1 straight to 1.4.2.

Why do you need a 1.4.1 version?  You ought to update your KSP installation.

Edited by OhioBob

On 8/25/2018 at 9:15 AM, OhioBob said:

MapDecal and FlattenArea should work, so you must be doing it wrong.  Here is a sample of something that works (this is from Nodens in GEP_Primary):

PQS
		{
			Mods
			{
				FlattenArea
				{
					name = Pyramids
					DEBUG_showColors = False
					flattenTo = 1770
					innerRadius = 400
					outerRadius = 1000
					position = -0.7795680037, -0.1133018723, -0.6159841015
					smoothEnd = 0
					smoothStart = 0
					order = 150
					enabled = True
				}
				MapDecal
				{
					name = Island_Airfield
					absolute = True
					absoluteOffset = 105
					angle = 110
					cullBlack = False
					heightMap = BUILTIN/island_runway_decal_heightmap
					heightMapDeformity = 10
					position = 0.3102601181, -0.0263579391, -0.9502862296
					removeScatter = True
					radius = 1200
					useAlphaHeightSmoothing = True
					order = 160
					enabled = True
					index = 0
				}
			}
		}

FYI, "position" is a unit position vector, where:

• 1,0,0 points at 0 longitude, 0 latitude
  • 0,1,0 points at the north pole
  • 0,0,1 points at 90 E longitude, 0 latitude.

@OhioBob,et al, do you know where I can find more information about the parameters of MapDecal? I poked around the wiki, but I couldn't find any documentation there. 

I've been using a similar function in Kerbal Konstructs, but only just learned that it is possible in Kopernicus and I'm curious to compare the workflow.

I'm documenting my efforts over here: 

2 hours ago, Nightside said:

@OhioBob,et al, do you know where I can find more information about the parameters of MapDecal? I poked around the wiki, but I couldn't find any documentation there.

I can tell you what some of it does.

name = Island_Airfield    // This is a unique name to identify the MapDecal
absolute = True     // Don't know what this means exactly, but I've never seen it not set to True
absoluteOffset = 105     // This is the ground elevation at the top of the MapDecal
angle = 110     // This is the rotation of the MapDecal, presumably with respect to north
cullBlack = False     // ?
DEBUG_HighlightInclusion = False     // ?
heightMap = BUILTIN/island_runway_decal_heightmap     // The MapDecal's heightmap (I've only used built in ones, but you can make your own)
heightMapDeformity = 10     // Vertical deformity of the MapDecal heightmap
position = 0.3102601181, -0.0263579391, -0.9502862296     // Position vector to locate where the MapDecal is placed on the globe
removeScatter = True     // If true, prevents scatter objects from spawning inside the perimeter of the MapDecal
radius = 1200     // The radial size of the MapDecal in plan view
useAlphaHeightSmoothing = True     // ?
order = 160     // The order in which the PQSmod is executed (relative to other PQSmods)
enabled = True     // If true, the mod will execute
index = 0     // ?

Edited by OhioBob

Hey, I have a problem with GPP/Kopernicus. Whenever I try to enter another sphere of influence with a active craft (excluding Gael), or try to switch to a craft in another soi (again excluding Gael), the game freezes/stops responding. The cause here is this warning in the ksp.log:

Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs '(insert planet name)'

After this message, the log just starts increasing the pqs cache without stopping (see log). This freezes the game.

I am playing KSP 1.4.5, using Kopernicus 1.4.5-2 and the latest version of GPP from CKAN. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Logs and pic of GameData:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cejbjUN-BdeN86-AS1gwdBsSoi3-vflY

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17nhEJ-kskWFqRBIA3pxU1EDiQ_B4gqye

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r0d0GjNMpwxWEEg50f1UFrrRlKe1m9l-

5 hours ago, OhioBob said:

heightMap = BUILTIN/island_runway_decal_heightmap // The MapDecal's heightmap (I've only used built in ones, but you can make your own)

How do I define the location of my own heightmap? I'm trying:

MyFolderInGameData/Subfolder/MyHeightmap

I also tried:

GameData/MyFolderInGameData/Subfolder/MyHeightmap

But kittopia doesn't seem to like it, and doesn't even enter the heightMap parameter at all.

This is the Kittopia output

MapDecal
				{
					absolute = True
					absoluteOffset = 5000
					angle = 0
					cullBlack = False
					heightMapDeformity = 3000
					position = -1924392.88,3701183.5,-4822956
					removeScatter = False
					radius = 60000
					smoothColor = 0
					smoothHeight = 1
					useAlphaHeightSmoothing = False
					order = 100
					enabled = True
					name = GrandCanyonEast
                }   

2 hours ago, Nightside said:

How do I define the location of my own heightmap? I'm trying:

MyFolderInGameData/Subfolder/MyHeightmap

I also tried:

GameData/MyFolderInGameData/Subfolder/MyHeightmap

I think the first is correct, but I don't know why it's not working.  We've reached the limit of my knowledge on the subject.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.