[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

Question, will the presence or absense of the expansion pact affect whether this mod works? 

9 hours ago, Clockwork13 said:

I'm trying to create a planet with PQSMod. It looks fine from a distance, but as soon as I get into orbit of it:

MU7H3Lh.png

How do I fix this?

Also, here's the config:

@Kopernicus:FOR[modName]
{
    Body
    {
        name = VoronoiCraters1
        Template
        {
            name = Gilly
            removeAllPQSMods = true
        }
        Properties
        {
            description = VertexPlanet is a PQSMod that allows for in-depth customisable procedural generation of worlds.
            radius = 20000
        }
        Orbit
        {
            referenceBody = Mun
            semiMajorAxis = 1599918
            inclination = 2.76
            eccentricity = 0.34
            longitudeOfAscendingNode = 154.66
            argumentOfPeriapsis = 75.56
            meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0.48
            epoch = 0
            color = 0.4, 0.3, 0.2, 1.0
        }
        ScaledVersion
        {
            type = Vacuum
            fadeStart = 95000
            fadeEnd = 97000

Material
            {
                texture = modName/PQSMod/PluginData/VC1Color.dds
                normals = modName/PQSMod/PluginData/VC1Normal.dds
                shininess = 0
                specColor = 0,0,0,1
            }
        }
        PQS
        {
            Mods
            {
                VertexHeightOffset
                {
                    offset = 2000
                    enabled = true
                    order = 100
                }
                VoronoiCraters
                {
                    deformation = 500
                    voronoiSeed = 824
                    voronoiDisplacement = 0
                    voronoiFrequency = 3
                    CraterCurve
                    {
                        key = -0.9982381 -0.7411783 -0.06500059 -0.06500059
                        key = -0.9332262 -0.7678316 -0.2176399 -0.2176399
                        key = -0.8990405 -0.7433339 -2.560626 -2.560626
                        key = -0.7445966 -0.8581167 0.4436148 0.4436148
                        key = -0.4499771 -0.1392395 5.289535 5.289535
                        key = -0.4015177 0.2551735 9.069458 -2.149609
                        key = -0.2297457 0.002857953 -0.4453675 -0.4453675
                        key = 0.2724952 0.00423781 -0.01884932 -0.01884932
                        key = 0.9998434 -0.004090764 0.01397126 0.01397126
                    }
                    simplexSeed = 123123
                    simplexOctaves = 3
                    simplexPersistence = 0.5
                    simplexFrequency = 120
                    jitter = 0.1
                    jitterHeight = 3
                    JitterCurve
                    {
                        key = -1.000701 0.4278412 0.1577609 0.1577609
                        key = -0.7884969 0.09487452 -0.7739663 -0.7739663
                        key = -0.6091803 0.072019 0.123537 0.123537
                        key = -0.3930514 0.3903495 3.300831 3.300831
                        key = -0.3584836 0.8643304 0.07139917 0.07139917
                        key = -0.2988068 0.002564805 -0.01814346 -0.01814346
                        key = 0.9970253 0.003401639 0 0
                    }
                    rFactor = 1
                    rOffset = 1
                    colorOpacity = 0.7
                    DebugColorMapping = False
                    enabled = True
                    order = 100
                }
                VertexSimplexNoiseColor
                {
                    seed = 123
                    blend = 1
                    colorStart = 0.2, 0.15, 0.1, 1.0
                    colorEnd = 0.5, 0.45, 0.4, 1.0
                    octaves = 20
                    persistence = 0.5
                    frequency = 3
                    enabled = true
                    order = 100
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Well, all my planet mods include a height, color, and normal color map for the scaled space view. You seem to be doing it entirely procedurally generated, but I think you still need those. I think Kittopia exporter can generate the maps from the procedural terrain.

Can anyone else chime in, am I way off base here with my suggestion?

1 hour ago, KerikBalm said:

Question, will the presence or absense of the expansion pact affect whether this mod works? 

No, as the expansion pack only adds parts + the mission builder. It's like how if you have a bunch of mods and give your planet pack to someone with only kopernicus, it'll still work.

10 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

Well, all my planet mods include a height, color, and normal color map for the scaled space view. You seem to be doing it entirely procedurally generated, but I think you still need those. I think Kittopia exporter can generate the maps from the procedural terrain.

Can anyone else chime in, am I way off base here with my suggestion?

I have those too, and so it looks fine from a distance. Only when I get close to it do all the visuals get messed up

Edited by Clockwork13

18 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

Cool, I was wondering if the alternate launch site stuff was introducing changes to planets that kopernicus would have to deal with

I believe alternate launch sites are part of the main game, not the DLC. Just saying.

Since I don't see that this has been reported  yet here, this is just a FYI for the developers if and when they update Kopernicus to 1.4.X of a problem I've had and which I've seen reported elsewhere:  When I use Kopernicus as part of a planet pack (in my case the OPM from Galileo) it seems to confuse solar panels as to where the Sun is.  As a result, they don't work at all.  Mind you, they physically seem to be pointing in the right direction, but no matter what I try zero energy is produced.  I also first tried to see if it was related to other mods I use like Near Future Electrics, but the problem remained when I removed them.  The only way that I got solar panels to work was to remove Kopernicus (and any mods requiring it, obviously).  Since this is effectively a deal breaker when it comes to using anything related to Kopernicus I wanted to make sure the developers knew about this.

Again, this isn't a complaint or some demand that this be fixed immediately, just a FYI of something you may wish to look into when the time comes to update to 1.4.X.  I have plenty of other things to do in my current game in the meantime before I worry about wanting to head off to non-basic planets.  :)

6 hours ago, Ranillon said:

Since I don't see that this has been reported  yet here, this is just a FYI for the developers if and when they update Kopernicus to 1.4.X of a problem I've had and which I've seen reported elsewhere:  When I use Kopernicus as part of a planet pack (in my case the OPM from Galileo) it seems to confuse solar panels as to where the Sun is.  As a result, they don't work at all.  Mind you, they physically seem to be pointing in the right direction, but no matter what I try zero energy is produced.

This issue was fixed in Kopernicus version 1.3.0-7 back in September 2017 as far as I know. https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-1.3.0-7

Solar Panels now select the star they should track based on the ec/s they could generate, even if it is blocked by something
Added a manual tracking override to the solar panels

3 hours ago, maja said:

This issue was fixed in Kopernicus version 1.3.0-7 back in September 2017 as far as I know. https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-1.3.0-7

Solar Panels now select the star they should track based on the ec/s they could generate, even if it is blocked by something
Added a manual tracking override to the solar panels

The problem appears to be back with 1.4.1.

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

Kopernicus will not run in 1.4.1. its version locked. That's your problem. 

Does version locked mean it only works in that certain version or does it mean it will work, but will be very buggy unless you use the correct version. Just wondering, thanks!

Just now, Dankgum said:

Does version locked mean it only works in that certain version or does it mean it will work, but will be very buggy unless you use the correct version. Just wondering, thanks!

It will only work in the version specified in the kopernicus download. So, any version of Kopernicus with starting with 1.3.1, like 1.3.1-7, will only work in 1.3.1.

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:06 PM, FungusForge said:

@Ranillon Do you by chance have any mods that add other star systems? If so, its very possible the solar panels are locking onto the wrong star.

No.  The only planet mod I was using was OPM.  And, at least physically, the panels were clearly focused on the main Sun, they just weren't generating any power as if they weren't.

16 hours ago, Galileo said:

Kopernicus will not run in 1.4.1. its version locked. That's your problem. 

Well, when I had OPM loaded everything otherwise seemed to work - I could see the planets and go there if I wished.  I didn't even realize things had changed until ships using solar panels began running out of power for no apparent reason.  That was why I tried taking out other mods before eventually figuring out the issue lay with Kopernicus.

Likewise, no alteration of the settings related to solar panels I tried had any apparent effect when it came to gathering energy.

1 hour ago, Thylacinus said:

I'm ready to do the dirty work, someone hand out the assignment tell me what to tear at, I'll work on fixing this up! Kerbalkind depends on it. 

If you look on github you can see that work is being done on this, so just sit tight for now. I for one am staying on 1.3.1 until Kopernicus, GPP and all of Nertea's mods are on 1.4.1 as these make up the bulk of my game, along with the USI mods but these are already on 1.4.1 I think.

But yeah this is being worked on, just be patient! :cool:

4 hours ago, OhioBob said:

@Ranillon, do you have Kerbalism installed?  If so, that's likely your problem.  Kerbalism does not support multiple stars, so solar panels won't work near any star but the primary star.

Nope. I've never used it.  Plus, I didn't have multiple stars loaded as OPM just adds the analogs to our own outer planets (Saturn, Neptune, and Uranus) to the game.

14 hours ago, Ranillon said:

Nope. I've never used it.  Plus, I didn't have multiple stars loaded as OPM just adds the analogs to our own outer planets (Saturn, Neptune, and Uranus) to the game.

OK, I think I read through your post too fast.  When you wrote "OPM from Galileo", the thought that immediately jumped into my head was, OPM + Galileo's Planet Pack.  Which had you done that, the OPM planets would be orbiting a secondary star.  But I see now you meant OPM_Galileo, which obviously isn't the same thing.  Clearly my mistake.

In regard to your problem, I've never seen that issue.  Don't know what would be causing it.  I'm not sure how much the Kopernicus devs really follow this thread.  I think your problem is more likely to be seen by the right people if you report it on the Kopernicus GitHub.  If so, be sure to includes logs. etc.  Read "How to get support" in the opening post.

Edited by OhioBob

3 hours ago, OhioBob said:

OK, I think I read through your post too fast.  When you wrote "OPM from Galileo", the thought that immediately jumped into my head was, OPM + Galileo's Planet Pack.  Which had you done that, the OPM planets would be orbiting a secondary star.  But I see now you meant OPM_Galileo, which obviously isn't the same thing.  Clearly my mistake.

In regard to your problem, I've never seen that issue.  Don't know what would be causing it.  I'm not sure how much the Kopernicus devs really follow this thread.  I think your problem is more likely to be seen by the right people if you report it on the Kopernicus GitHub.  If so, be sure to includes logs. etc.  Read "How to get support" in the opening post.

He was running 1.4.1. That was his problem. Kopernicus won’t work on 1.4.1, but the MM cfg for solar panels will, causing issues because Kopernicus’ dll isn’t working to do what it needs to do to correct the solar panels.

23 minutes ago, Galileo said:

He was running 1.4.1. That was his problem. Kopernicus won’t work on 1.4.1, but the MM cfg for solar panels will, causing issues because Kopernicus’ dll isn’t working to do what it needs to do to correct the solar panels.

In Ranillon's initial post he didn't say he was running 1.4.1, he just said that it's a problem the Kopernicus devs should look into before updating for 1.4.x.  But I agree there's a subsequent post in which he apparently acknowledges that he was using KSP 1.4.1.

@Ranillon, if the solar panel problem you're having is while running Kopernicus 1.3.1 in KSP 1.4.1, then please disregard what I said.  I recommend that you do not report that as a issue on the Kopernicus GitHub.

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

In Ranillon's initial post he didn't say he was running 1.4.1, he just said that it's a problem the Kopernicus devs should look into before updating for 1.4.x.  But I agree there's a subsequent post in which he apparently acknowledges that he was using KSP 1.4.1.

@Ranillon, if the solar panel problem you're having is while running Kopernicus 1.3.1 in KSP 1.4.1, then please disregard what I said.  I recommend that you do not report that as a issue on the Kopernicus GitHub.

My only interest was to make the programmers aware of the issue to deal with as they best see fit.  Kopernicus is a fundamental part of so much great stuff that I'd hate for the issue to never be fixed just because no one reported it could happen!

19 minutes ago, Red Thought said:

So much of the modded greatness of KSP revolves completely around this mod.   What would happen if this mod was never updated?

I think you are being a little dramatic lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.