[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

50 minutes ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

I'm pretty sure he was joking. 1.5 literally came out a minute before his post.

Yeah and the incompatibility warning takes about 1 second to load.

Regardless, it's a safe bet that any 1.x update would break kopernicus.

Edited by Asmosdeus

5 minutes ago, PolecatEZ said:

Made a copy of my save to test.  It simply won't load any planets you added on and any bases on any planet/moon at all will be poofed.  I had a ship in orbit of Kerbin that was fine, but my Mun base was toast.

It is designed/coded to *not* load into a game that's any version different than what it was released for. When we load old savedgames we're essentially loading them *without* the mod installed, and it'll choke the old saves. :)

Anyone having issues where, if I leave my solar panels open and I save and close game, when I startup game and my save, the solar panels are closed and aren't bind to action keys anymore/ I haven't fully tested this, but this mod was last mod I loaded in with SVT and Modular Flight Integrator. Once I took SVE and the depend mods from CKAN and cleared out my MM cache. I went in game, open up panels, rebind them to action groups using Action Group Manager mod, and restarted game, the panels were back to normal being opened and binded to action group again.

I just updated Kopernicus to KSP 1.5.0. Links are in the OP.

Changelog:

- Updated to KSP 1.5.0
- Improved performance of orbit icons, thanks to marr75
- Fixed the DDS palette loader
- fixed biome maps not loading in the tracking station
- Automatically inject the KSC transform into Kerbin, this makes it possible to change the template to something different
- fixed the 1.3.1 backport
- added a 1.4.5 backport

Have fun!

8 minutes ago, Thomas P. said:

- Automatically inject the KSC transform into Kerbin, this makes it possible to change the template to something different

Thanks for the update Thomas, could you elaborate on what this does or point me towards more information?

4 minutes ago, Nightside said:

Thanks for the update Thomas, could you elaborate on what this does or point me towards more information?

Basically it allows you to change the template of Kerbin to Duna, and end up with your KSC being on a Duna clone (that has the same orbit as stock duna if you don't delete that).

Since you have to have the KSC on the planet named Kerbin, based on the template Kerbin (since thats where the KSC comes from), you had to manually copy all the PQSMods of Duna (or any other body for that matter) to the Kerbin body to make it look like Duna, but without removing the KSC.

But be aware that this might still summon monsters from the depths of your installation.

@Thomas P. There are probably some new(ish) features the community could use help in using, i.e. Orbital Icons, KSC transform injection, UBIs, etc.

Let me know how I can help. I think I understand Orbital Icons best (and an example in the example repo might be the easiest way to document), UBIs second, KSC transformation least. 

1 minute ago, whitespacekilla said:

@Thomas P. There are probably some new(ish) features the community could use help in using, i.e. Orbital Icons, KSC transform injection, UBIs, etc.

Let me know how I can help. I think I understand Orbital Icons best (and an example in the example repo might be the easiest way to document), UBIs second, KSC transformation least. 

I would prefer to keep UBI secret for the moment, since not everything about it is ironed out, and its main usecase (IC) is not even finished. It might just break more than it gives you at this point. (Now look away! You have seen nothing :P)

KSC transformation is as easy as changing the template of Kerbin to the body you want to start from (and deleting that body from the system / transforming it into a Kerbin clone). I am sure I can work with Gregrox (or whoever maintains Alien Space Program these days) to set it up with them.

I would appreciate a writeup on Orbit Icons if you want to do that.

6 minutes ago, TheJimPire said:

Forgive my impatience, but do you have an estimate for when CKAN will recognize the update? It is still showing 1.4.5 as the max KSP version

Probably better to pose that question to the CKAN team since I have no control over that.

2 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

I would prefer to keep UBI secret for the moment, since not everything about it is ironed out, and its main usecase (IC) is not even finished. It might just break more than it gives you at this point. (Now look away! You have seen nothing :P)

I have poked around in a lot of mods where it could be useful (KSPTOT, X-Science) so if there's any "WIP specification" or working group info I can peek at, would love to. Not trying to build anything based on it personally yet but very interested in the future of that project.

Edited by whitespacekilla

22 minutes ago, whitespacekilla said:

I have poked around in a lot of mods where it could be useful (KSPTOT, X-Science) so if there's any "WIP specification" or working group info I can peek at, would love to. Not trying to build anything based on it personally yet but very interested in the future of that project.

Are you in the Kopernicus Discord? I posted an explanation there some time ago, if you are there just ping me. If not I can PM it to you.

4 hours ago, TheJimPire said:

Forgive my impatience, but do you have an estimate for when CKAN will recognize the update? It is still showing 1.4.5 as the max KSP version

Why are you in a hurry to update to KSP_1.5?  You've been doing just fine up to this point and any changes can wait. 

You'd be better off just waiting a week or so while mod authors and curators to do what they do to comply with the updated version.

5 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

KSC transformation is as easy as changing the template of Kerbin to the body you want to start from (and deleting that body from the system / transforming it into a Kerbin clone). I am sure I can work with Gregrox (or whoever maintains Alien Space Program these days) to set it up with them.

I believe @Gordon Fecyk is maintaining the reboot of Alien Space Program.

So I've updated KSP to 1.5 today, and went ahead and updated Kopernicus to today's release, but KSP gives me a warning about it being incompatible (along with warning me about Mechjeb2, which I also updated today to Sarbian's latest 1.5+ dev build as well). And no, it's not the usual nag-screen from AVC about my couple dozen other mods  (getting plenty of them too, which I expected). This one seems to be from KSP itself, since it lists MJ2 alongside Kopernicus in its window.

Anyone have an idea what might be triggering that warning?

10 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

From other posts I read since the 1.5 release, this reads like the home world can now be defined from another world's template and not just from the Kerbin template. This would warrant an overhaul of Alien Space Programs and could result in a considerable simplification of it.

I'll need time to experiment. In the meantime, does the pre-1.5 method of replacing all of Kerbin's properties, and then cloning Laythe and applying all of the original Kerbin's properties to that, still work?

20 hours ago, LameLefty said:

So I've updated KSP to 1.5 today, and went ahead and updated Kopernicus to today's release, but KSP gives me a warning about it being incompatible (along with warning me about Mechjeb2, which I also updated today to Sarbian's latest 1.5+ dev build as well). And no, it's not the usual nag-screen from AVC about my couple dozen other mods  (getting plenty of them too, which I expected). This one seems to be from KSP itself, since it lists MJ2 alongside Kopernicus in its window.

Anyone have an idea what might be triggering that warning?

Hello guys! First time poster here! Mine unfortunately is doing the exact same thing stated above. Validated Kerbal install with steam. Found two missing files. Didn't help. Pretty sure that was just an error on my end. Uninstalled all mods and reinstalled with no luck. Link to screenshot and logs below; please let me know if you can access them or not. Thank you guys in advance!

I also forgot to mention that after I click okay on the message and then click settings the game just loads. I have to manually close out of game. The loading animation just keeps rolling in the bottom right.

Added all files the pop-up message asked me to submit:

Kerbal Errors

Edited by sumghai
Consolidated consecutive posts

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.