[1.3] [Kopernicus] KittopiaTech - a Kopernicus Visual Editor (Release 2) - Sep. 27

Thomas P.

4 minutes ago, Thomas P. said:

Thats an error in the UI. Nothing related to the config saver. The other issues in the log seem to be related to oceans.

I fixed them and updated the .zip on Github

Ok cool.  But it won't save a  config..  I'll mess around with it more later

Hello, this mod seem to be nice for edit or make planets. Thanks to @Thomas P. !!

For right now I just want to edit existing planets and just change the colors of biomes. I don't know how to do this.
I went into CelestialBody Editor, next into Edit Biomes, I opened the biome I want to edit, and in Edit Color I changed the color of my biome.
Nothing happens on my biome in game, and as there isn't option to update biomes so I figured I need to save changes and may be reload the game. But in main menu, when I click on "Save Body" it doesn't do anything and I get this in console: "Exception: IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range."

Is there somebody to tell me what I'm doing wrong?

(The only mods installed are: Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator, KittopiaTech)
Extract of my output_log.txt:

Spoiler

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.ModLoader.City.get_visibilityRange () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Reflection.MonoProperty.GetValue (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] index, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Reflection.MonoProperty.GetValue (System.Object obj, System.Object[] index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Kopernicus.UI.Extensions.MemberInfoExtensions.GetValue (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, System.Object reference) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Kopernicus.UI.ConfigIO.WriteObjectToConfigNode[Object] (System.String name, .ConfigNode& node, System.Object target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Kopernicus.UI.ConfigIO.WritePQSToConfigNode (.PQS pqsVersion, .ConfigNode& body, Boolean ocean) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Kopernicus.UI.ConfigIO.SaveCelestial (.CelestialBody planet) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Kopernicus.UI.PlanetWindow.<Render>b__6_11 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Kopernicus.UI.Window`1[T].Button (System.String label, System.Action callback, Nullable`1 rect, Nullable`1 width) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Kopernicus.UI.PlanetWindow.Render (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Kopernicus.UI.Window`1[T].Kopernicus.UI.IWindow.Render (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

• 3 weeks later...

@Thomas P.

sir i have a question on curve editor for lights on planets. actually two questions :

1- how does it work? i tried adding an entry but no matter what i try, can't even put a number there

2- is it possible to replace is with unity's curve editor or is it editor only ui element?

actually for the second question i found this

but still i can't type any value in the curve editor for planet light curve. please take a look at that

Edited by Jiraiyah

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, I was wondering if there was a timeline to update this to KSP 1.3?

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:28 AM, electricpants said:

Quick question - 

How do you use Kittopia to create color + height maps?

@ProtoJeb21 says it's easy, but I can't seem to figure anything out.

Scroll to the bottom of ScaledVersion and click Update textures

Sorry it seems to be working in 1.3 now strange it wasn't eariler

Hi @Thomas P., I wanted to use Kittopia to resolve a problem I'm having with Planets in a Star System I'm developing, but I can find no form of Tutorial/Documentation for Kittopia.

Do you know of any?

Or can you help with this: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/140580-130-122-kopernicus-release-2-may-30/&do=findComment&comment=3071168

What info do you need?

Thanks in Advance.

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

So a couple posts up, someone said it was working for them in 1.3, how well does it work for you guys?

Kittopia has never been at 100% but I would say it's functional. I don't rely on it for everything like some people do so I haven't tested all of it, but the core features seem to work. 

On 2/18/2017 at 4:51 AM, Thomas P. said:

Released Version 0.6. It is fully compatible with Kopernicus 1.2.2-2 upwards, and I also fixed other stuff (for example the curve editor)

You Are Our Savior! I was Using this, and I thought it would not work. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I was trying to use this mod, and i didn't found how to use it, until i decided to look carefully at the readme file when redownloading it (i did'nt got it installed at first because it's not in the KittopiaTech folder in the dowload zip, maybe include it inside for next release? ),

so to open the UI you have hit: CTRL+P

Thank you for this mod :), i hope it will help me

Having a problem with the UI, I pressed CTRL + P and the menu did open.... But there were no buttons. I'm using the latest version of Kopernicus. (Screenie will be uploaded "shortly")

EDIT: Nevermind, it only comes up as blank in the tracking station.

Edited by DerpzGames

Ignore my previous question. I am trying to use The KittopiaTech Atmosphere Editor and GUI files as a placeholder until I can get something else going. When I try to attach UIController.cs to a GameObject in Unity, it pops up an error saying I need to resolve compile errors. When i go into Visual Studio, There are no errors.