[Kopernicus] [W.I.P] XenosAlt - Alternate Solar System

Xenonclave

ABHKkJl.jpgBefRsEK.jpgLk57RBl.jpg6a99VwS.jpgsryePKz.jpg

XenosAlt - An Alternate Solar System Mod:

This mod features a new set of planets which replace the old Kerbol system, all procedurally generated using Kopernicus!

It is currently a W.I.P but I'm looking for feedback and ideas. In the meantime if you're looking for a fully working planet mod, you can check out my planet collection.

Planets:

Bellero, a hot jupiter

h37XTxV.jpg

Herrah and its moon, Hytho

bJJcWI5.jpgmcwknSx.jpg

Verta and its moon, Wiola

kcFWwaS.jpgWYjReP0.jpg

Kerbin (huge W.I.P and will eventually have custom moons)

wAFbjMn.jpg

Jatus, a dwarf planet with rings

xZutzbj.jpg

Aruna, a saturn-analogue, with its 5 moons

BAmbrmD.jpg

Calli and Tello share the same orbit, close to Aruna's rings (picture on the left is old, picture on the right shows Aruna as an oblate spheroid) 

sryePKz.jpg7VMVbUt.jpg

Polus has a highly inclined orbit, Oblo has a very strange shape

6a99VwS.jpgLk57RBl.jpg

Illo has a thick atmosphere and strange lakes

EqygPSB.jpg

The final planet (so far) is a Uranus analogue, Nurr

Ep7MVtp.jpg

Nurr is planned to have at least 3 moons, so far there is only Ropa

JfmtfJm.jpg

Planned features:

- Career compatibility

- Custom science definitions

- A different star at the center of the system

- New moons for Kerbin

- At least 2 more moons for Nurr

- Aruna as an oblate spheroid 

- Who knows what else

I am very impressed. These planets look even better than your other packs, and that's an achievement. Personally, I would like to see an option to add this to the current system rather than replacing it, but I might very well trade it in for this. Good job!

11 hours ago, Daeridanii said:

I am very impressed. These planets look even better than your other packs, and that's an achievement. Personally, I would like to see an option to add this to the current system rather than replacing it, but I might very well trade it in for this. Good job!

I was considering just doing that originally, but then there's the problem of fitting all the planets into one system together. I could include the original planets but have them all rearranged. If I were to do that though I'd probably edit them as well which really increases the scope of the whole thing... Not sure what I'll do.

In the meanwhile, screwed around with particles for the first time and came up with this

uoruYps.jpg

10 hours ago, Xenonclave said:

I was considering just doing that originally, but then there's the problem of fitting all the planets into one system together. I could include the original planets but have them all rearranged. If I were to do that though I'd probably edit them as well which really increases the scope of the whole thing... Not sure what I'll do.

You could move Moho and Dres in orbit around Bellero, which would occupy Moho's orbit. Herrah could orbit between Eve and Bellero. Verta could occupy the space between Kerbin and Duna. Jatus could take the place of Dres in the asteroid belt. Aruna and Nurr could orbit outside of Jool's orbit, and I honestly don't know what to do with "Xenofied" Kerbin.

Nice binary system as well.

12 hours ago, Xenonclave said:

In the meanwhile, screwed around with particles for the first time and came up with this

uoruYps.jpg

A black hole binary with a dying Kerbol? Love it.

12 hours ago, Daeridanii said:

You could move Moho and Dres in orbit around Bellero, which would occupy Moho's orbit. Herrah could orbit between Eve and Bellero. Verta could occupy the space between Kerbin and Duna. Jatus could take the place of Dres in the asteroid belt. Aruna and Nurr could orbit outside of Jool's orbit, and I honestly don't know what to do with "Xenofied" Kerbin.

Nice binary system as well.

What I think I'll do is make sure that the stock planets all fit in between the Xenos planets, and if you just delete a certain file from the download it'll re-add the planets. But it'll ship with none of the stock planets (except Kerbin).

I like the idea of having Moho and Dres orbiting Bellero, but based on it's current state it might not be very realistic for it to have moons.

oTZuyJF.jpg

I'd move it even closer to the sun but I don't want it to be too hard to get to...

11 hours ago, Xenonclave said:

I like the idea of having Moho and Dres orbiting Bellero, but based on it's current state it might not be very realistic for it to have moons.

Well, it's your mod, but I don't like the idea of gas giants without moons, personally. It gives you very little incentive to go there.

11 hours ago, Xenonclave said:

What I think I'll do is make sure that the stock planets all fit in between the Xenos planets, and if you just delete a certain file from the download it'll re-add the planets. But it'll ship with none of the stock planets (except Kerbin).

oTZuyJF.jpg

I'd move it even closer to the sun but I don't want it to be too hard to get to...

Dres or Moho would certainly be large for a hot Jupiter, but not implausible.

There needs to be a reason to go to Bellero, after all.

Edited by _Augustus_

You're both right Bellero would be very boring without moons... I'll probably give it a few small asteroid-type ones and maybe one decently sized one.

Also I really don't like the look of Verta so I might just omit it entirely, if so I'm going to replace it with a huge waterworld planet (~2 times the size of Kerbin)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/18/2016 at 4:00 PM, Daeridanii said:

I hate to be "that person," but how's it going?

Idk when I'll really get back to work on this, I've been really busy lately and I'm currently prioritizing my other planet pack before I work more on this one. I figure I can make a complete version 1.0 of XPC before I really begin work on this. At the very least I'll try to get some sort of alpha version of this out soon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.