Would you have preferred Squad go on a 3-week vacation without releasing 1.1.2 at all?

Superfluous J

Would you have preferred Squad go on a 3-week vacation without releasing 1.1.2 at all?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have preferred Squad go on a 3-week vacation without releasing 1.1.2 at all?

• I have complained that Squad released 1.1.2 right before going on vacation, and would have complained if they had gone on vacation without releasing 1.1.2.
    • I have not complained that Squad released 1.1.2 right before going on vacation, and would have complained if they had gone on vacation without releasing 1.1.2.
    • I have complained that Squad released 1.1.2 right before going on vacation, and would not have complained if they had gone on vacation without releasing 1.1.2.
    • I have not complained that Squad released 1.1.2 right before going on vacation, and would not have complained if they had gone on vacation without releasing 1.1.2.

No and No (unless this post counts) for me.

That said, I do believe the releases would be better off being delayed until they are done.  Patience is a virtue; exponentially so in rocketry.

Ideally, there should not be deadlines or hard release dates to meet; such things are artificial constructions of marketing which compromise the actual engineering of the product IMO.

If 1.1 hadn't come out until today, we'd all still be happy with 1.0.5

If 1.0 hadn't come out until today, we'd probably be going with 0.90, having fun but wondering about the delay, looking for a v0.95 and still being surprised by the 1.0-ness of the release.

I don't know if the Hype Train thing actually helps sell more copies, but to me a stable release makes me far more willing to buy and/or recommend for others.

21 hours ago, TheRag said:

I used to play this game a lot, but now, I cannot reliable play it anymore due to the CTDs in the VAB/SPH and the Orbital Decay bug, wheels, and landing gear. 1.1.2 just feels sloppy, not in the true KSP fashion or quality. It's feels like KSP is trying to grow up faster than it's supposed to and it's disfiguring it.

Frankly I probably won't be able to play until whatever is breaking the game is fix Squad-side or Unity side. Which means waiting until 1.2, when I was promised that 1.1 would a new golden era for KSP. I mean we waited for entire year for this and came in underwhelming successor to 1.0, now I have to wait another couple of months to actual get to play the game again.

I think a lot of people are dissatisfied. I still like the game, but if I can't play it, it really does help me like it all.

The point is that I am dissatisfied as a customer, I expect to least have the ability play my product that I paid for, no matter how much I used to enjoy it, nor how much I had played it. 

Lol, a couple months.  Really?  1.1.3 could come out in the next couple weeks/months, but I doubt it will be more than a wheels patch.  There are some bugs with Unity that Squad cannot address easily with their current setup.  While they may have technical access to the code that needs fixing, I doubt they have the resources to work out the specifics of a hardware or OS-dependant bug.  Even if they were willing, spinning up a testing lab from scratch takes more than a few weeks.  With each full release taking longer and longer, I'm looking towards Xmas for any fix.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.