What is your proudest moment in KSP?

JacobJHC

After I saw the post regarding what feels best to do in KSP I was curious what everyone's favorite thing they did in the game

For me it changed alot but as of right now my proudest mission has to be my Jool 5 mission. Before that it was first Kerbal back from a Jool moon, before that first Kerbal back from Gilly, before that first Kerbal back from Duna or Ike and before then it was either docking and rendezvous or finally returning from Mun.

Once I also landed 5 kerbal with a rover on every planet or mun that had ground except for Tylo where I had 3 kerbals and no rover.

First time I landed on the Mun -alive- I felt so uberkuhl (I might've even teared up a bit). These days I mostly just dream of feeling so awesome in KSP again.

Also, realising I finally understood how to dock. That was a very big deal too.

Edited by The_Rocketeer

Lots but ...

First lunar (Mun or Minmus) landing is ... unlike anything in any other game/simulator, even almost anything else in RL.  I was literally jumping around the room shouting 'yes, yes, YES',
[Docking I always gave to MJ right up until it just 'clicked' for me, now It's one of the things I enjoy most.  Even getting it right the first time wasn't as good as the landing though]

Being accused of taking it seriously while mucking about in KSP with friends, while slightly drunk. They were seeing how far up they could get. I threw together a Mun landing from memory and winged the whole mission. No quicksaves, no reverts, no mishaps other than not quite nailing the landing and tipping over. Had to take off sideways. And, of course, the flag exploded twice. Once trying to right the craft and clipping it, the second time I think I caught it with the rocket exhaust on takeoff and didn't have time or fuel to put another one down.

The launch of a new diesel locomotive..having finished yard trials

Something thats yet to happen in 1.1, sure ive driven solar electric hybrid trains..having got them to work is nice

But nothing beats the pride mixed with sadness of seeing a new diesel head off into the world

Starter motor fires.. The air above the loco gets filled in a thick cloud of smoke that rotates..tumbles and disapears

White turbine smoke takes its place..each puff of white smoke fighting for its place in the sky

Detriot engines now alive get revved up to energize the traction motors and bring the front wheelset out of unpowered state

Be she a 44 or 40.. Or any manner of new locomotives.  The dance is always the same..

A once dark lifeless collection of space parts, struts and wheels..is now a living locomotive.. Headlights ablaze..diesel engine heart beating at a low idle

Air brakes hiss as thier released from the locomotive.. Horn blasts to announce to all of kerbin..

A new locomotive is about to set foot on the land..

5ms yard speed out of the taxiway..over the runway..wheels touch the grass..engines spool to 100% ..speed climbs to 30ms

Shes away.. Another loco of the KTP flew the nest.. Fighting against the lethal history of her kind

Its always as beautiful as it is sad

First it was achieving orbit for the first time (no idea about what's involved then).

Then it was a Mun landing and finally - getting to Eve surface with a Kerbal and bringing him back to Kerbin alive. On version 0.24 (neede 11Km/s dV from surface to orbit). It was two weeks of planning, building, testing, etc... To this day I think it was the hardest thing I ever did in KSP.

Achieving orbit in RSS/RO/RP-0.

I don't know why the first mun landing or docking never was that special to me. I'd seen it a million times on YouTube, so I didn't really feel very excited.

Next up is landing a probe on the moon in RSS/RO/RP-0!

First time i made a plane and it can fly into the sky is amazing to me. Because i dont have any knowledge about the planes and i have never played the game like KSP before. Every times the planes that i made cannot be flown,because i couldn't put the wings to the right place of the planes.

Edited by Charkim Paul

The proudest thing I have down in my 1007 hours in this game was a Jool-3 in career mode. Funds were low, no reverts or quicksaves, and only 1 nuclear engine affordable made burns last FOREVER. It was with no mods, and with all the science I got from Vall, Bop, and Pol (over 3000), I basically finished the tech tree. The funds I got from the contracts made it possible to fully upgrade every building. Vall, though, almost ended the mission when the lander started to tip, but I saved it.

When I landed 10 Kerbal's on Duna, and aerobraked with those awesome inflatable heatshields.

Or when I landed 13 Kerbal's on the Mun, in the dark.

I can't decide.

2 hours ago, spacebrick3 said:

Probably docking in the tutorial, as until then I just tried to wing it, and therefore got understandably frustrated watching my space station zoom past at a distance of 300m.

I did the same thing :D

Probably rolling out my first flag on the Mun.
Ok, I had to send a rescue mission directly after that, because of lack of d/v in my lander.
And another rescue mission after entering Mun orbit with the rescue shuttle, because I again underdesigned that second craft...
But hey, a flag on the Mun is a flag on the Mun! :cool:

When I figured out that the reaction wheels don't work if the "SAS" button isn't illuminated. That was over a week into my playing of the KSP Demo, and until then I was lucky if my rocket made it up past 3 kilometers.

Another proud moment would be getting my Hera 2 probe into Jool's moon system and performing a 14 km high flyby over Tylo (keep in mind that Tylo's mountains can extend to 12 km. Also, this way my FIRST Tylo flyby).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.