Jump to content

[1.1.2] [BD] [WIP] NWP- njmksr's Weapons Pack V1: Cluster Missiles! (Now Taking Suggestions)


Recommended Posts

eunPGLV.png

 

Hey everyone! I've been working on a weapons pack for BD Armory for a while.

 

Called NWP, it (currently) only adds one missile, the YCM-117 'Gungnir' MRLS air-to-ground cluster missile.

 

Think a cluster bomb, but a cluster bomb crammed into a missile. 

Video:

Spoiler

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's powerful enough to take out most vehicles, but precise enough to not destroy the launchpad that it's situated upon.

Special thanks to @SpannerMonkey(smce) for helping me get it working.

Download: Spacedock

 

Edited by njmksr
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good, quick question though, in your unity import settings for the model under 'normals and tangents' do you have the normals option set to 'import' or 'calculate'? In your images it looks as though you have it set to import but having it set as calculate and giving it a reasonable value smooths your missile and makes it look more round, see the spoiler...

Spoiler

With normals set to import ->

l8p2Y2Q.png

With normals set to calculate with a value of 45 ->

J9lyZfc.png

hope this helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wraith977 said:

Looks good, quick question though, in your unity import settings for the model under 'normals and tangents' do you have the normals option set to 'import' or 'calculate'? In your images it looks as though you have it set to import but having it set as calculate and giving it a reasonable value smooths your missile and makes it look more round, see the spoiler...

  Reveal hidden contents

With normals set to import ->

l8p2Y2Q.png

With normals set to calculate with a value of 45 ->

J9lyZfc.png

hope this helps.

Thanks! Will do.

Edited by njmksr
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2016 at 10:46 PM, phreakshow said:

The only reason I ask is because BD Armory apparently doesn't, so if this is an expansion then how does it work in 1.1.2 if BD Armory only works up to 1.1.1?

Oh. Sorry. BD actually works perfectly fine (for me) in 1.1.2, so that's why it's a 1.1.2 mod. I actually had no idea at the time of your post that BD technically shouldn't work in 1.1.2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falco01 said:

do you think it would be possible to make an actual cluster missile like the cluster bomb in BDa ? 

You know, that one with all the sub-munitions 

Yeah, that's sort of what this is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Falco01 said:

But on the vid, there is only one explosion and I didn't saw any sub munition

I'll do some testing on my end

That was the initial munition's airburst, which occurs ≈10m over the target. If you look very closely, you'll see the other explosions, which are the submunitions doing their job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2016 at 1:17 AM, njmksr said:

eunPGLV.png

 

Hey everyone! I've been working on a weapons pack for BD Armory for a while.

 

Called NWP, it (currently) only adds one missile, the YCM-117 'Gungnir' MRLS air-to-ground cluster missile.

 

Think a cluster bomb, but a cluster bomb crammed into a missile. 

Video:

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's powerful enough to take out most vehicles, but precise enough to not destroy the launchpad that it's situated upon.

Special thanks to @SpannerMonkey(smce) for helping me get it working.

Download: Spacedock

 

Hey man first off good work and feel free to message me if you run into any issues you need help solving. Secondly Ive been trying to get a cluster bomb to function and get it to work right and its the only weapon I cant get to work right. What is the trick to get it to work?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 7/12/2016 at 10:01 AM, TMasterson5 said:

Hey man first off good work and feel free to message me if you run into any issues you need help solving. Secondly Ive been trying to get a cluster bomb to function and get it to work right and its the only weapon I cant get to work right. What is the trick to get it to work?

Really, the trick is having the submunitions be part of the model. I just took the model from the cluster bomb and the AIM-120 and basically reverse engineered the bomb and built that into the missile. Honestly, I had a lot of help from Spanner on this one, with ridiculous things like missiles flying sideways without his help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/07/2016 at 3:01 PM, TMasterson5 said:

Hey man first off good work and feel free to message me if you run into any issues you need help solving. Secondly Ive been trying to get a cluster bomb to function and get it to work right and its the only weapon I cant get to work right. What is the trick to get it to work?

The cluster stuff is very fussy and strict naming conventions and hierarchies must be used,   having the colliders wrong will break it just as easy as a mistake in the layout. The fewest sections you can have and it still work is four, so a nosecone, two fairings(the side shells) and the tail, you have to enable swap colliders too or the bomblets think they are still in the bay. The tail needs to carry the post deploy collider (i just use a capsule collider)   The pre deploy collider needs to cover pretty much the whole part (again a capsule collider) One major thing to note is that it doesn't like messy loads, or overlapping sub munitions.  The code grabs the position of all the sub munitions and uses this to calculate the impact effect

Link to post
Share on other sites

NOTICE: NWP is being discontinued and merged into the Collaborative Weapons Pack, due to a new partnership between me and @TMasterson5 (and due to the revelation of crazy bugs in a new BDAc version). A fixed version will appear in the new CWP, which is coming soon.

Soon: Aquila Aerospace, Addy Industries, and SM Solutions present: the Collaborative Weapons Pack, consisting of 100% original weapons.

 

EDIT: NVM, none of us had time. I'm probably going to revisit this sometime.

Edited by njmksr
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 years later...
On 9/8/2016 at 5:44 PM, njmksr said:

NOTICE: NWP is being discontinued and merged into the Collaborative Weapons Pack, due to a new partnership between me and @TMasterson5 (and due to the revelation of crazy bugs in a new BDAc version). A fixed version will appear in the new CWP, which is coming soon.

Soon: Aquila Aerospace, Addy Industries, and SM Solutions present: the Collaborative Weapons Pack, consisting of 100% original weapons.

 

EDIT: NVM, none of us had time. I'm probably going to revisit this sometime.

well then, how about a laser guided bomb?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...