S7-F14 TomCat 2 & 3

Sector 7 Space Laboratories - Aeronautics Division

In my previous release of the S7-F14 TomCat I had landing speeds that were high and making the craft difficult to land and takeoff. I now have speeds under 100 m/s during takeoffs and landings. It's still not the handling that I would like to see for this craft but it's flying great. The fuel was reduced, Airbrakes were added and also Canards are hidden in the fuselage for added control.

After getting tips from other builders @Hodo & @pTrevTrevs this craft looks better and handling better. Each version has it's own wing position.

I plan to build an Aircraft Carrier to support these craft in the future.

Toggle Engines with action group 1
Toggle Afterburners with action group 2

S7-F14 TomCat 2

Craft File

S7-F14 TomCat 3

Craft File

Edited by castille7

1 hour ago, Columbia said:

Awesome! The fuselage looks a little thin though.

Still, it's great!

Thank you Columbia, and yes the F14 is a bit wider. I really had no plans to build this craft, the wife and I were looking for a movie to watch and we decide on TOP GUN because we hadn't seen it in a long time and of course I had KSP running through my head!! Although I did think about building a few of my favorite aircraft I just haven't ventured into those, some are the Vought F4U Corsair, P51 Mustang, F4 Phantom, MIG 15, P38, Fairchild R4Q-1 Fling Boxcar, M22-Osprey and your favorite the B-29, I am missing a few others I'm sure. My Dad was a Radio Operator in the Air Force and loved Aircraft, this rubbed off on me!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.