My farewell to Kerbal Space Program

HarvesteR

2 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I believe this may be an appropriate place for this, the origin of KSP:

[snip]

Good luck for the future!

It sure has come a long way, hasn't it? Those character graphics have been much improved! :D

Cheers

Wow! I'm surprised by this news. Thank you for this amazing game, HarvesteR.

I guess everyone needs variety in their life, though. Even George Lucas got tired of Star Wars and sold it off. I'm sure we'll see another great game from HarvesteR in a few years, though, or if not that, something else.

As a child, I always wondered how rockets would work. I would see Space Shuttle go up ever so fast and was fascinated by it.

As a consequence of growing in a poor family, my father told me that all of this was just a dream and I should pursue a real job. So he made me go to medical school. I was a 3rd year medical student when I first saw KSP and I was hooked immediately. I would sit down and play KSP for hours and hours (and I still do!). Needless to say, you woke up the engineer inside of me.

Recently I decided it. I am in my 6th and final year but I'm not going to be a doctor. I am going to pursue an astronautical engineering career, I am going to pursue a real job in the field that I absolutely love.

And you @HarvesteR, you are my hero!

Gonna miss you greatly. I can safely say that your game has changed my life and It's weird to imagine KSP without you . Thank you so much for it and everything you did!

I wish you all the best for the future and your next projects!

Thank you, Felipe, for your vision and courage and what has come of it. Thank you for taking us with you on your rocketship and sharing it with everyone. Our pale blue dot is a little bit happier, and a little bit more knowledgeable, than it was before KSP.

As someone who has worked on mutli-year projects in the past, I absolutely get what you're saying, and I wish you all the best. Godspeed and all the best for your future endeavours. The sky is not the limit!

I have to add my thanks to the veritable mountain this thread is certain to become.

Kerbal Space Program reignited my love of space. I never lost my joy of exploration, or the near-hero-worship that the Apollo program brought on. The first time I landed on the Mün, I did actually get a little teary-eyed. It affected me to a depth that I didn't expect. They're just little green dudes, after all. It won't be the same without you, but at the same time I have great hopes for what is yet to come. I doubt I would be alone in hoping you share your new ideas with us.

All my best to you, Felipe!

May your fuel reserves never run out, and don't forget to keep radioing Mission Control.

You gave birth to the single greatest video game ever made. I can only imagine how proud you must feel.

Thank you for having the idea and for the strength to make it what it is today. Kod speed the creator.

dang.

just adding my name to the pile of thanks.  the past 3 years of my life have been filled with thousands of hours of fun because of you.  ksp was the game i'd always wanted when i was growing up, and i was ecstatic to find, years later, that someone had made it.  from the bottom of my heart, thank you for your wonderful creation.  i wish you the absolute best of luck on your future endeavours.

plus, i now have an intuitive understanding of orbital mechanics... something that books never managed to instill in me.

4 minutes ago, Jr6150x said:

Good luck moving forward! This game changed my life. Thank you

Could'nt say something else. Before KSP I didn't know that much about stars, orbital mechanic, rocket science. And not only it taught me all this stuff and interested me a t a point I wanted to learn more but it's an incredibly entertaining game. You learn stuff, you have a lot of fun, it has great dev team and great community. What can we possibly ask for more?

So thank you to make your dream to come to, allowing so much of us to dream too. Farewell and wish you the best for your next adventure!

Damn. Out of all game devs that I've given money to, the KSP team is one of the best, and that would make you the best of the best. You've created this wonderful game, where we can live our dreams. The next generation could be inspired by this. In fact, I would bet that they are. You've been great at everything, addressing concerns, talking with the community, and now, 5 years later, you're moving on to greener pastures. I wish you, and whoever will succeed you the best of luck, as you've been simply amazing, and your heir has some massive shoes to fill. Goodbye.

10 minutes ago, GGT said:

As a child, I always wondered how rockets would work. I would see Space Shuttle go up ever so fast and was fascinated by it.

As a consequence of growing in a poor family, my father told me that all of this was just a dream and I should pursue a real job. So he made me go to medical school. I was a 3rd year medical student when I first saw KSP and I was hooked immediately. I would sit down and play KSP for hours and hours (and I still do!). Needless to say, you woke up the engineer inside of me.

Recently I decided it. I am in my 6th and final year but I'm not going to be a doctor. I am going to pursue an astronautical engineering career, I am going to pursue a real job in the field that I absolutely love.

And you @HarvesteR, you are my hero!

Look up André Kuipers, doctor and astronaut :)

Wow.... I don't know what to say, except Thank You @HarvesteR, and good luck in your future endeavors!

I can't begin to tell you how much this game means to me, and how much it's made a difference in my life!  It not only gives me something to really look forward to doing each day, which is a godsend being on disability, KSP and this forum have also opened my eyes and made me realize how much I like writing, and shown me a path I didn't know I could travel.  

We've never met, but I feel like I'm saying goodbye to a best friend.  ;.;

Thank you for everything!

Edited by Just Jim

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.