My farewell to Kerbal Space Program

HarvesteR

5 hours ago, HarvesteR said:

What can anyone say except there are 6 pages of comments in fewer hours.  Respect to you, Squad and whatever your next project is (please tell us more!).  Ve con Dios

I still remember the day I discovered your game, liked it immediately, then post it onto Bohemia Interactive forum, and you replied.

Your game inspired a lots of people, and I have no doubt it will inspire a whole lot more, thank you Felipe, for sharing your little dream with us and make it big.

Rock on with your new adventure, And for those about to rock, we salutes you!

o7

void OnDestroy () {

// <Summary>
    // I had to write something in a language you'd understand.  Here's to C#.
    // </Summary>
	Debug.Log("GameObject 'HarvesteR' despawned.  Don't panic, he's saved to the assets folder.");

}

4 hours ago, HarvesteR said:

It's much too early to talk about what's coming next, but rest assured there is something coming. You'll hear of it in time. 

As for the team, I'm leaving on the best of terms with everyone. I'm going to keep in touch with all of them.

Cheers

"Kerbal Space Program II: The Revelation of the Redemptive Subheading"?

4 minutes ago, Snark said:

Two words:  Mount HarvesteR.

Show of hands?  :)

finger-hands-10.jpg

Edited by Guest
Scale down image

Thank you for everything! This game has changed my life and has taught me so much! I wish you the best of luck for your future projects! I honestly can't thank you enough for creating this wonderful game! :) 

37 minutes ago, Snark said:

Two words:  Mount HarvesteR.

Show of hands?  :)

Um... if you have no hands, are tentacles OK?

... hang on, maybe I can make the host raise his hand.

(hand raises)

Did I just black out... why is my hand up?  

Edited by Tourist

I've never spent so much time on a single game. Thank you for making KSP into what it is. I don't think I'll ever stop playing it as long as there's a computer in the world that will run it. And one day I might bring one such computer to another world. For now, I can live my dreams with little green smiling (and screaming) people, rickety rockets made from parts found lying by the side of the road, and fun, colorful planets. Be forever proud of what you've created, and good luck on all your future projects!

Thank you @HarvesteR, sincerely.

Thank you @HarvesteR for this wonderful thing that is KSP. It is so rare these days to see a truly different idea for a game - and I am quite sure that none are both as compelling and as educational as KSP is! You have given birth to an amazing game and an amazing community of players.

Best wishes and good luck on your future endeavours. I look forward to hearing what you come up with next!

KSP is way more than just a good game.

Its an engineers playground. Just one more launch and test cycle. Seven Ps. Safety margins.

Its a cool way of getting kids to pay attention to math, physics and chemistry, then catapulting them into exciting and worthwhile careers. My nephews and nieces are already hooked.

Its revisiting a childhood for the old hands who watched moon landing replays on tv, watched space shuttle launches....and now watch live streams of crazy kids landing rockets on boats. And get annoyed with the sparse telemetry. 

Its a gateway drug for future rocketheads who never even thought about it.

Its a community of very clever people who share their awesomeness. RO is my jam. A great place to learn and a rabbithole that goes deep.

A reason to stay up late and get up early.

Thanks Harv.

All your hard work has made a big difference to a lot of ordinary people.

More than you can imagine.

I just have to say thanks for making the best game I've ever played.  I've been playing it since before there were struts, when two of my workmates were raving over this rocket game I'd never heard of.  Now I make rockets, I make planes, and I have awesome fun making rovers.  (Most of which never make it to the Mun, or deploy in such silly ways that they end up left upside-down on the Mun as I try to get home with limited fuel because I forgot put fuel lines to one of my tanks. :)

My favourite memory: finally touching down on the Mun for the first time .. (back in the days when there was only Kerbin and the Mun.) ..and promptly falling straight through the ground and being destroyed somewhere deep 'underground' by a subterranean Mun Kraken.  Yes, there was a bug in that version.  The second landing, after an update, was much more successful.  (I probably didn't make it home though.) :D

Thanks for a fantastic game Harvester.

All the best with all your future efforts - really looking forward to seeing what you create next. This has been absolutely the best collaboration between developers and gamers I have yet experienced.

Your idea was a gem - squad and your team made it shine - and the community you gave it too, have thrashed the pants of it, and over-amped it to the extreme.... creating a feedback loop that has catapulted it to a modern gaming epic.

Fantastic stuff. :)

4 hours ago, KerrMü said:

Dear Felipe

Thank you for your vision and all the hard work. With KSP you´ve created something inspiring, something creative and beautiful. For me it is simply the most awesome game I have ever played. I will always remember the sheer joy I felt after my first succesful munlanding and on many other occasions.

I wish you all the best for your future plans, and be sure I´m very curious what your next project will be.

Lastly: Please don´t take this too serious, but hey man, this is for you :wink:

WQWis8y.png

Thanks (sniff)

KerrMu - I REALLY want this as a mod that I can add to corner of my space center. :D  Pretty please?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.