My farewell to Kerbal Space Program

HarvesteR

So sad to see you go.  It is the end of an era.  Goodby and good luck!

May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be ever at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face
and the rain fall softly on your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

~Old Irish Blessing

Thanks for a wonderful game Felipe... one I will probably still be playing for many, many years. I don't think I have played any other game as much as I have played KSP. I've seen it grow from humble beginnings to this beast that is still growing strong now. Good luck for the future.

Edited by NeoMorph

Farewell old friend , even if I don't know you personally, you and your vision of little green mens and their space program were with me for many years. You offered us hours upon hours of discoveries and fascination. Take care and , why this hurts so much to write ..... Happy Landings. 

6 hours ago, KerrMü said:

WQWis8y.png

Thanks (sniff)

This is so epic.  Interested in sharing the craft file?  I bet I can land it on top of the VAB

Thank you HarvesteR for the best game I've ever played

Edited by fourfa

Good bye Felipe I always admired you even in the Demo. This was that one game that I always dreamed of. Because of this game I want to work for Aerospace Engineering at spaceX (Even though I'm a ten year old). Thank you for your work and the time you spent on this wonderful game we all love. Goodbye! I'll Miss you ;.;

I dont know if i should be sad ... 

11 hours ago, HarvesteR said:

... I’m stepping down as Lead Developer of KSP....

..Or happy/excited..

11 hours ago, HarvesteR said:

... For myself, however, I desperately need to have something new, to create more than one game in my life...

I know one thing for sure though, i enjoy my journey with KSP.
Now that yours has ended, and you've reached the end, only thing that matters really, was the journey there.

I hope that you did enjoy it, as much as the rest of us players did, and yeah, i think im getting more excited than sad after all :cool:

All kerbals are sad kerbals this day, we may praise the false deities of the kraken and Scott Manely, but all kerbals know of the one true creator, HarvestR, thanks for an awesome game.

@HarvesteR As an entrepreneur myself I was very saddened when I learned that such a great visionary like you was a hired person. I prayed so much that god gave you new ideas so you could start your own project and benefit from the fruit of your work to the full extent. You've definitely gained invaluable experience in internet marketing, team management, project planning and so many other fields during your work for Squad. You have everything to do it.

We're rooting for you! Go become the next Chris Roberts and make your own big thing!

And don't forget to start a kickstarter, we'll be happy to back you up!

Edited by Enceos

I can only wish you the best of luck, Felipe. I hope the long and winding development of Kerbal Space Program gets you further than you ever imagined.

So good-bye, farewell, and we (the KSP Community) will always be here to support you in your future endeavours.

Someone from the Development team, you should really make a monument of HarvesteR and place it, possibly, in the Inland Space Center. That would be lovely...

Thank You for the greatest physical reality simulation I've ever met!

KSP towers above all other simulators and almost all other games, keeping my "Games" directory almost empty.
With its mods it's an amazing space-, aero-, sea- and rover- sandbox and doll house at once.

KSP forced me to study and understand more real-world things than ever after the university and in some cases turned up my beliefs about the surrounding world.

Edited by kerbiloid

Thank you ever so much. I bought this game back in 2012. I was so blown away I then bought several more copies for friends and family. The awesomeness that is KSP reflects the awesomeness of its creator (along with everybody who has helped along the way).

Best of luck on your future endeavors; I'm looking forward to seeing them. :) 

1 hour ago, Enceos said:

@HarvesteR As an entrepreneur myself I was very saddened when I learned that such a great visionary like you was a hired person. I prayed so much that god gave you new ideas so you could start your own project and benefit from the fruit of your work to the full extent. You've definitely gained invaluable experience in internet marketing, team management, project planning and so many other fields during your work for Squad. You have everything to do it.

We're rooting for you! Go become the next Chris Roberts and make your own big thing!

And don't forget to start a kickstarter, we'll be happy to back you up!

Indeed, this achievement, great as it is, is owned by somebody else (which while understandable is still sad, given that it was from childhood dreams). Now @HarvesteR has the chance to start a new thing that will be truly his, which makes me very happy. May the next game do so well that he can purchase SQUAD some day! :)

As far as I am concerned, you created a piece of computer gaming history, alongside the greats.

I hope that you will let us all know what you will be working on next, perhaps drop by the forums once you next project is underway :)

Felipe,

I'm glad that you had the opportunity to develop your dream project, and bring us all along for the ride.  Thank you, and I wish you all the best in your plans for the future.  Don't be a stranger now!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.