My farewell to Kerbal Space Program

HarvesteR

I was attempting to draw Felipe flying past the Mün on a SRB, but I didn't have a lot of time so here is a (rushed and incomplete) art piece;

GagDlWhl.jpg

Once again, farewell HarvesteR. Thanks for the memories of abusing Kerbals. :P

--Fred Cop--

Wait, what? Well, nothing lasts forever, including the universe... But dude, we'll miss you! ;.;

Anyhow, as @Biff Space says, thanks for all the fish. Considering the amount of time I've dedicated to this little gem of a game you pulled out of your hat, it's safe to say I owe you a lot of metric tons of thanks. So, at the risk of infringing slightly some forum rules, and thanks to my ancestry:

Gracias de todo corazón por crear este juego, fuente inagotable de diversión durante ya muchos años. Ya amaba el espacio, pero KSP me ha hecho llegar a conocerlo de una manera con la que nunca había soñado. Gracias a tí y al resto de Squad, por ponerme en las botas de un astronauta, con el universo a mis pies. :)

Rune. And best of luck in your future endeavors, may you have full tanks and shallow gravity wells!

Thank you for starting off such a wonderful game.

May your pastures be ever greener.

EDIT : Also, cmon people, don`t let  harvester leave without getting him in the rep grand group, give the guy some rep if you like the game!

Edited by John FX

I have never been much of a gamer. Sure I chucked enough quarters into the arcade Asteroids game to have bought the machine. I played Wolfenstein 3D until I wore out the floppy disks. Other than that games lose my interest after a couple hours. KSP I have played untold hours (in the thousands I have no doubt). It fires my imagination, works my brain, satisfies my need to create, to explore, and occasionally conquer. @HarvesteR your leaving caused me a moment of sadness and anxiety, then I remembered all the fun I have already had with your game and it made me very happy. I will continue enjoying KSP for a very long time. Thank you! Now go create again!

Farewell HarvesteR, you and the team have made a great thing here. KSP is entertaining and intuitive enough to draw in a novice, but deep and customizable enough to give  an excellent  understanding of how real space travel works if one chooses to dig in.  I think the most important thing we leave behind is the influence we had on others, and I'll wager that more than a couple future space travelers (and their enablers) will have started with this game.
And I'll keep an eye out for your next endeavors...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.