My farewell to Kerbal Space Program

HarvesteR

I'm not sure what I could say that hasn't already been said.

So I'll just say this-- Thank you so much for helping to turn space back into a hobby for me. I always used to gripe that as much as space could be an interest, it wasn't practical to make a hobby of it, short of launching Estes rockets or something along those lines. I've learned a great deal over the last 2+ years since I discovered KSP.

o7

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

We will all miss you! ;.;

Felipe, thx for the most awesome game that I have ever played. This is the first game that got me to actually be excited about space exploration, regardless of some more popular space game names recently. It got me interested to a point where i started making mission and exploration stories on reddit first, and then got me to start YouTube-ing. All because of KSP and how awesome and captivating it is.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavors and given your level of creativity, I can't wait to see your next game.

Edited by Grunf911

That is sad news indeed. Thank you for bringing your vision to light with KSP. You've brought hours of entertainment to countless people and changed the face of indie game development with a product that is both fun and educational. Best of luck on your new endeavors. :)

Thank you for sharing your dream and love of space with us. You created a truly one of a kind game, no, a learning tool, a dream fulfill-er. I wish you the best and look forward to what you will create next.  Godspeed HarvesteR and remember, if the future ever looks uncertain -- MOAR BOOSTERS!

As my first post, I would like to add my voice to the chorus of thanks.

Your creation I would rank among the best there is in electronic entertainment, it's balance of real mechanics and light-hearted simplicity has made it both accessible and engaging.

It seems you have created a sensation, bringing together many a great mind in such a wide range of fields from all around the world and all walks of life, producing one of the best communities I know of and one of the few I would be proud to be a part of.

Many thanks again.

Aku

Edited by AkuAerospace
Reinserted "sign off"

I'm saddened to see HarvesteR go. But, change is part of life, and it certainly is part of the life cycle in a game. As Felipe said, this is certainly not goodbye, he is simply taking a break from the development of KSP. Like the sal_vager said, nobody can do the same thing over and over. And, it's time for all of us to give HarvesteR a proper farewell. It's for the better of our community and for him. Over these last 3 years I've been a Kerbonaut, I have seen KSP become more than just a game to me. It became part of my life. It became my lifestyle. I wish you the best of luck on your future projects, and hope that they are just as good as this wonderful game is. We ALL wish you good fortune on your future projects, and hope that somewhere in the near future you may return to development in KSP, but, as stated before, this is for the best.

I think we can all say it to HarvesteR, the mind behind the whole game, say it with me.

HAIL PROBE!!!!!

*cue Amazing Grace* Goodbye Felipe, you will be more than missed by most, if not all of us. Your vision many a year ago brought us, all of us, from 0.7.3 to 1.1.2, so much joy (and frustration might I add xD) to our lives. I do not know who I would really be without this game. And on behalf of those who choose not to reply, we wish you the best of luck in the future.

If only he diden't have to leave I might've been able to convince him to implement the story of the Munoliths and Magic rocks and (pant, pant) cctv signal and weird alien planet! (pant,pant) I hope that the team does this, though!

If only....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.