My farewell to Kerbal Space Program

HarvesteR

I'm not going to say there's no other way this daughter of the space age could ever have become an astronaut..... 

i know its a videogame...  a virtual experience ....   But oh, my God......  You and your people took me spaceward in ways no TV show, movie, novel, documentary or news report has ever done. Maybe ever will.  There's no shame in my crying over this..... Congratulations for your success....I salute you for your achievements......My deepest gratitude always.....

Edited by Crystal_Mace
inserted Missing word

Harvester,

I started playing KSP roughly over two years ago and have put in almost 3000 steam hours and god knows how many more untracked hours. I've watched countless YouTube videos and have read so many forum / Reddit posts on this game. 

To take an idea you had as a kid and turn it into something so magical that all of us have enjoyed and serves as an inspiration for many is quite an outstanding accomplishment. Thank you so much for the time and effort you've contributed to this game. I'm excited to see the next thing you create. Best of luck 

Goodbye Harv.

When the creator leaves, an age has ended.

the fact that the squad creative environment cannot effectively sustain the ksp creator should be a wake up call to the entire organisation and community

On the other hand, it could be that even the creator can eventually inhibit the evolution of the thing that was created.

regardless, Harv, you have done a good thing. Now go do something else, and do it even better.

you have my thanks and best wishes. No regrets.

Fare you well, Felipe!

What started out as a thought and a desire ... you were the spark that brought it to fruition.  Thank you for this.

May you find at least as much success in all of your future endeavors!

Edited by Dispatcher

Dang. That was a shock. What can i say - thank you Felipe for this amazing game, and everything that comes with it. The fun, incredible moments, adventure, learning and all the thrills. I wish you the best in your future endeavours.

Goodbye Felipe! Thank you for this awesome game; it has truly changed my life, and the lives of many others. You have inspired a whole generation of engineers, scientists, and astronauts, myself included. 

We wish you the best.

It's a shame you're not an American Citizen, because I could put a good word in for you in the Human Space Program. ;-)

Seriously though Felipe, your game reawakened my childhood dream to become a rocket scientist when I was persueing my chemical engineering degree and graduate school.

Thanks to the inspiration you gave me, I got the courage to try and keep trying to get into the aerospace industry. Now so am a real rocket scientist, working to answer NASA's questions as I work on the launch vehicle meant to take humans to Mars! Thank you for letting me get the chance to dream, and for teaching me more about rocket science than I ever hoped to learn on my own.

May your future endeavors be just as inspiring and successful.

Edited by Vallius

Goodbye HarvesteR, and thank you for one of the greatest, no, the greatest, game I have ever played.

KSP has changed my life, it ignited a massive interest in space for me, and has likely done the same for many others, thanks to you many more people (Including me) will likely pursue careers related to space exploration and science, and KSP has probably boosted public support for Space exploration.

Thank you for igniting my interest in space, and for the thousands of hours of entertainment and learning.

Farewell HarvesteR, may you have success in your future projects.

-Dolphin.

You are a brilliant man Felipe. This game changed my life. I've been with you since v.0.15. It invigorated a lifelong interest in aerospace at the very least as a spectator.  If I were back in college, I would surely be pursuing the career. KSP prompted me to peruse countless papers and videos on the subject of rocket science. 

I am excited to see what you do next.

Thank you now, and in the future as your creation continues to inspire.

And thank you to the owners of Squad for letting Felipe run with his idea.

Edited by roosterr

Thank you for all the time you've put into making this game ! And for all the good times I've had (and will have) playing it !

I've been following KSP since nearly the beginning, and, I must say, yes, that's quite an impressive work you've put down here :) You'll do wonders anywhere.

Any plans for the future ? Sleep for a month ? :D

All the best !

HarvesteR, you are an awe-inspiring creative genius. You are a legend, and a visionary. What's more, in every communication I've ever seen from you over the years, you show yourself to be a genuinely decent man. I'm excited to learn what your next project will be! (Ever consider doing a creative sandbox open-world flight sim? Do for airplanes what KSP did for spacecraft?)

A few years ago, my brain malfunctioned rather badly and tried to kill me. I decided I wouldn't go through with it as long as something in this world still made me happy. At that time, KSP was the only thing left that I still enjoyed doing. To create and fly something new and beautiful was the single joy that kept me alive. Without KSP, I sincerely believe I would be dead now by my own hand.

Thank you.

Matt / White Owl / TheWinterOwl

A real shame to hear that you're leaving.

Thank you so much for all you've done as well as your continued work in making what I believe to be one of the best games available! Best of luck in what you decide to focus on next! :D 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.