My farewell to Kerbal Space Program

HarvesteR

Just learned of this -- I'm a little behind -- but Felipe, I wanted to thank you for one of my favorite games of all time, and wish you well in your next adventure.  I can't wait to see what you come up with next... :)

(And whatever it is.... make sure you Kerbal the hell out of it!!!!)

My very deepest thanks for the 2200+ hours of entertainment, with more playtime to come.

My utmost respect not only for your creativity, but also ability to lead a project of this degree.

My very best wishes for your future endeavours! :D

Thanks to this game I lost a lot of sleep and I am not in the least bit concerned about it, I plan to continue losing more sleep because it's so much fun. I've purchased KSP nearly 3 years ago and there is only a handful of days I may not have played. Steam has logged only about a fraction of my playing time at 2172 hours. All other games I played before KSP have been sitting collecting dust. I can go on but you get the point, the game you have been such a large part of is awesome and thank you so much for your long hours of hard work it has really been a Kerblast for me and will be for years to come I am sure! Good Luck with your future gaming adventures and Thanks a Million Kerbals!

I'm still pretty new; I discovered this wonderful game after the official 1.0 release...but this seems really sad that you're leaving. I feel that KSP will lose out on something special by not having it's original creator anymore. While I do agree that KSP is at a point that there is no single decision you could make to drastically change the direction of KSP, I nonetheless feel bummed out to see you go.

Good luck on your next game, I think most of us (myself included) will be interested to see the next game you design.

On 6/6/2016 at 7:25 PM, castille7 said:

Thanks to this game I lost a lot of sleep and I am not in the least bit concerned about it, I plan to continue losing more sleep because it's so much fun. I've purchased KSP nearly 3 years ago and there is only a handful of days I may not have played. Steam has logged only about a fraction of my playing time at 2172 hours. All other games I played before KSP have been sitting collecting dust. I can go on but you get the point, the game you have been such a large part of is awesome and thank you so much for your long hours of hard work it has really been a Kerblast for me and will be for years to come I am sure! Good Luck with your future gaming adventures and Thanks a Million Kerbals!

+1 This is identical to my life (except I haven't owned it so long). I feel the same way.

On 6/7/2016 at 0:56 PM, Nuff said:

Thank you for starting all that!
I hope you will still control the direction of game development.
(Also, welcome to Lead KSP User position?)

He is leaving KSP and SQUAD; the point of that is that he won't have any control over the direction of the game anymore.

Edited by KocLobster

Thanks for making this game it's always fun to come back to and play and the satisfaction when you achieve something is amazing. I'll admit it can get a little boring at times but that's what challenges are for. It's sad to see you go but I hope your next game is a success

THANK YOU

Thank you so much for all you have done for the game and all of us. You built a game that taught and inspired many people and we'll never forget you. I hope that you are successful in your next game. 

Thank you for this game that has inspired the next generation to be fascinated with spaceflight and help me learn orbital mechanics and teach others to learn the same things that I learned and bringing spaceflight back to be a dinner table topic @HarvesteR I can't wait to see what you make next

Edited by Nerfclasher

• 2 weeks later...

After playing this game for... 2 years now, I've accumulated about 500 according to Steam... and thats when I was online. If I had to guess, I'd say I'm somewhere around 1000 hours plus... I joined in 0.24, the version had just changed from 0.23.2 I think, and I was watching Scott Manely fly a rocket, explaining something about how speed works in the vacuum of space or something... I immediatly put KSP onto my wishlist, and not a week later 0.24 was released, and the game went on sale (I think that was the Alpha > Beta release), I instantly bought it and was in love. Come to now, several versions, hundreds of mods played, updated, waved goodbye to the update walls, and I still have yet to make a space ship capable of making it to Duna, without cheating... One of these days, Jeb will step out, let a single tear roll down his cheek as he plants a flag, "Thanks for the fun times Felipe... Bob won't stop screaming"

Take care, be safe, and Godspeed....

• 2 weeks later...

HarvesteR, we wouldn't be here without you. Thank you for spending so much of your time to develop this beautiful game.

Godspeed HarvesteR

From,

Wildcat111

Edited by Wildcat111

You can be assured, from a technical standpoint, his next game will be planned out very well!!.Looking forward to it..  Dat Experience gain! GL, man.

Edited by Talavar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.