My farewell to Kerbal Space Program

HarvesteR

i fout out how are u dowing just making a status update to sal vagar

On 5/30/2016 at 9:22 PM, Gojira said:

HarvesteR, thank you so much for all you've done. Your game singlehandedly made me want to change my career course, my entire life. I haven't been here since the beginning, but it's been a very long time, since 0.11 I think. We're all going to miss you. Good luck on your future endeavors. ;.;

Edit: Who's going to take your place as lead developer?

SAL vagar

Dearest Mr Falanghe,

This is more than a game.

This is a a way of learning what many of us were taught in school or learnt by ourselves.

It's a way of getting the basics of astrodynamics, rocket engineering and other disciplines that spaceflight rely on.

Not only the youngsters, also those in their adult years got to practice the realities of spaceflight due to your game and the many, many brilliant mods that so many talented players created. Many of us went beyond the fun and into the seriousness of planning and conducting a fairly realistic mission - and many of us, I guarantee, will end up in the aerospace industry pushing the end of the envelope with new solutions to the old problems.

Kerbal Space Program will spearhead a new generation of engineers, entrepreneurs and explorers - thanks to the very idea you pitched to Squad years ago, we got a tool to learn the realities of astronautics. We progressed into higher level of realism, new software, and we learnt well thanks to the tin foil men you launched in your modified fireworks years ago as a kid.

it is not a stretch to imagine players of KSP, all of us, have more than a fair share in the future exploration of the solar system. Myself, I learnt many down-to-earth (pun intended) things that I know I'll need in my personal ambitions regarding commercial spaceflight. Whether I'll be successful or not, I know I'm not alone.

You have had a stunning influence into the future of mankind - or at the very, very least - our presence around the solar system. Your game, being a learning tool, is the greatest thing that could've happened to many enthusiast of spaceflight on our humble planet. You may not be remembered by mainstream historians - but the agents of that progress will forever remember you as the person who enabled this progress.

You did a work that should be remembered - and therefore, I'd like to wish you all the very best in anything, literally ANYTHING that you work on in the future. I have a debt for you that goes beyond the 30 bucks I spend on the game. I consider this a turning point in my life, and I'm sure many others do too.

Thank you, Felipe.

BTW I'm tipsy, but I assure you I won't edit this when I sober up.

Edited by Simon91

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Hast5250 said:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! [Insert darth vader voice here]

He won't hear you. He's been gone since May 30 and hasn't used his forum account since.

• 4 years later...
7 hours ago, Anth12 said:

Not sure if its a game that I would I enjoy...but I am considering buying it just because he gave us KSP

If you like building model planes and doing stunts with then (Stunt Island style), it's a good one. 

His brother, Moach, is also publishing a game, and it's promising. A lego style Crinsom Skies, in essence. It's promising, and it's in development by now.

https://www.motorwings.net/

I'm not a Windows user anymore, and this is the only reason I'm not playing them by now.

13 hours ago, Anth12 said:

Not sure if its a game that I would I enjoy...but I am considering buying it just because he gave us KSP

Im looking at it, let me know if its good. I like how this page has remained around and as a legit topic for 4 years now, I like to pay respects here some times. I wish he came back and saw what this game has become.

Yeah interesting that he moved to balsa flight simulator after KSP. What a legend.

Also you guys gave me a heart attack almost, I thought one of our great peeps from the KSP team left.

21 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Yeah interesting that he moved to balsa flight simulator after KSP. What a legend.

Also you guys gave me a heart attack almost, I thought one of our great peeps from the KSP team left.

When I saw this thread pop up, I forgot who the OP was, so I panicked as well.

On 1/24/2021 at 2:38 PM, The Doodling Astronaut said:

One of the greatest left, indeed. But it happened 4 years ago. :)

• 3 months later...
On 1/27/2021 at 2:50 AM, Dr. Kerbal said:

Without him KSP wouldnt be this. And they may not be a KSP 2. Thanks Harvester.

Gotta love how you posted a comment on an inactive thread and came back 3 months later to reiterate. With that being said, I completely agree, Harvester was something special!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.