My farewell to Kerbal Space Program

HarvesteR

@HarvesteR, thank you for this masterpiece. KSP is game number one in my heart, forever. Unless I'll see your next project, may be?...

I wish you good luck and success in all your future projects and endeavors, because you're really deserve it!

Thank you.

Mr. Falanghe,

Thank you so much for all the work you put into KSP, and for its inception in the first place. I completely understand the need to work on something different, and I wish you the best with whatever project next captures your passion.

Thank you so much for HarvesteR, for teaching me about rocket science indirectly, for indirectly influencing who I want to be, an Aerospace Engineer, & for creating a game that kept me going for months in a horrible school while I was going through an extreme episode of depression.

Thanks,

KspNerd

Farewell Felipe, may the explosions of all our rockets guide you to great success in whatever your next adventure may be, and know that every person who has ever played Kerbal Space Program sends their gratitude for what you have created. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Go.....go and do something else......because with KSP on your CV theres nothing you can't do.

Don't know you but that matters not..nor does what I think about KSP.

You Sir have done an amazing job here and is now time to share yourself with other communities. Lucky people :)

Take care and be you....make others happy

Thanks for making this wonderful game!

This game has had significant impact on my life. After playing this game for a while and greatly enjoying it, it got me to take up programming again. Programming was something I got in touch with years before during my studies. Although really being in to it, I did manage to get myself abandoning it for what in hindsight were probably questionable reasons. Playing Kerbal Space Program got me in touch with that again and doing so has been an essential part in making a much needed career switch in that direction. Currently I'm a very content programmer of what is best described as plain business software. Also, although I wasn't particularly aiming for it, this software happens to be geared towards, amongst others, aerospace companies. Admitted, it falls far short of the "I became a rocket scientist because of KSP" but you might find some appreciation in it nonetheless.

The interesting thing is: it's only your leaving right now which made me think back, connect the dots and realize the influence this game has had on where I am today. Thanks so much.

The best of luck in whatever you plan to do next!

@HarvesteR,

Thank you my friend, for this idea of yours, a brainchild of your youth.   I have followed your efforts over the past 5 years, watched you and your team grow and make the impossible possible.  I am proud to say I'm a part of this incredible community.  I too, know the need to create.  

I applaud your decision to do something new, and your desire to take those same risks all over again.

Via con Dios!

@HarvesteR A little over three years ago I was led here by a post on Slashdot by Capt'n Skunky. I played the Demo 0.13 for nearly 100 hours. That Christmas I told my wife not to spend $60 USD for a AAA COD game, that instead, I wanted this $17 indie game that was still in development. 1370 hours later, I still do not regret that decision. I did eventually get the COD game when it went on sale. It currently stands at 43 hours.

Than you very much for the best game I have ever played.

From fireworks and tinfoil men, to a full blown space simulator. I look forward to seeing what else lurks inside your head.

Salute!

Hats off, standing ovation.

Edited by pslytely psycho

Felipe,

Thank you. KSP has improved my quality of life drastically. Over the past years I have had to cope with great losses in my life regarding the death of loved ones.

No matter how awful my days passed, KSP kept my brain occupied at night putting a smile on my face instead of tragedy, loneliness and sorrow.

KSP has become a part of my soul and has teached me so many wonderful things. The most important lesson I learned is that no matter how many times you fail at something, if you keep at it long enough you will eventually find a way to succeed. "Never give up, never surrender".

Again, thank you very much, from the bottom of my heart.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.