My farewell to Kerbal Space Program

HarvesteR

Thank you, HarvesteR. Thanks for making such an incredible, unique game.

Without KSP I wouldn't know half the things I do about space travel, and I might've been much less interested in it, were it not for this game.

What started as a humble little free indie game about little green men exploding in some hairbrained attempt to get into space, skyrocketed (hehehehe) into the best, and one of the only,

non-simulation simulators to ever be created. Kerbal Space Program isn't just about simulation, and it's not just about education, blowing up tiny green people, or sending them into space.

It's about fun, first and foremost. And that's something unique in the realm of realistic space sims.

ZySa9ex.jpg

I, Jeb, Bill, Bob, and Valentina wish you luck in your future endeavors. Fly safe!

Wow, I'm late to the party on this one.

Not happy to see you go @HarvesteR.  Not happy at all.

However I really look forward to seeing where you go and what you do.  KSP is hands-down one of the most unique games I've played in 30-odd years of gaming, and though it is very much a group effort at this point, there wouldn't have been a game to play without you.

I'll be keeping an eye out for what comes next - if it's half as good as KSP, it should be pretty damn decent.

Harvester, you renewed my interest in space programs and for that I thank you.

When I buy a game I measure it by how many dollars I spent per hour of fun I got out of it. Any game that gets down to $1 per hour is a very good game. By my calculation, right now KSP has cost me less than one cent per hour. So by that measure, KSP was one hell of a great game and that makes you one hell of a great developer in my book.

Sad to hear you're moving on, but looking forward to see what you do next. Good luck on your future endeavours!

I don't have a lot to say, except for, thanks for making such a kick ass game! Everyone needs time out from lifes ups and downs to get things in perspective and return anew and KSP does just that for myself and many other people who post here, (or don't), so thank you for allowing that to happen! Good luck in whatever you do in the future. :)

@HarvesteR, Thank you so much for your work on this amazing little game.  I was a huge fan of all things NASA as a youngster, did all my school papers on things like Gemini and the Apollo missions.  Somewhere along the way, life and time made me forget all of that.  And then one day at a friends house, I saw this crazy little game where you build rockets and try to get them, and their little green passengers, into space.  I haven't looked back since. So thank you for making this grown man a space-crazy kid again. :)

So long, HarvesteR. May you have success in your future endeavors, whatever those might be. Developing KSP has improved the world, and doing that is the greatest thing (I should think) one could hope to accomplish in life.

*Presses spacebar*

Stage separation complete.

So many on this thread have expressed their thanks and best wishes in far better ways than I could hope to.

So, my heartfelt thanks for such an awesome game and best wishes for whatever your next journey may be.  Your vision, and the faith squad had in you to let you follow it, speak volumes for you and your abilities.

My father has a clock with the words 'Time enjoyed wasting time is not wasted time' on it's face.  And I, like so many others., have 'wasted' many hundreds of hours on KSP, and will continue to do so for countless more.

Thank you;  and all the best.

Your vision now exists for all of us to enjoy, and you are on to new and exciting things. I see nothing sad in that at all.

So all the best in your future, and for all you have accomplished here;

Gracias Felipe! :D

On 5/30/2016 at 0:05 PM, HarvesteR said:

Signing off,

Felipe Falanghe, aka HarvesteR

Fair winds and following seas.  As a grateful customer, I wish you all the best in whatever it is you're going to be doing now.  Thanks for all your hard work!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.