HarvesteR Easter Egg

theJesuit

If it's on Kerbin how about on the mountains West of KSC?  He could be looking east towards the sea gazing with pride over the space centre.  The statue would also serve as a landmark to help incoming pilots line up for the runway. 

3 hours ago, pandaman said:

If it's on Kerbin how about on the mountains West of KSC?  He could be looking east towards the sea gazing with pride over the space centre.  The statue would also serve as a landmark to help incoming pilots line up for the runway. 

Or an obstacle to run into at transonic speeds. Either/or.

3 hours ago, pandaman said:

With the hands up and fire (or light) in every had to indicate the approach

54 minutes ago, The_Rocketeer said:

I think HarvesteR might have something to say about that - I wouldn't want you guys flying anything that close to my tenders.

After suffering all the hostility towards a bugged release I reckon he's developed 'tenders' of titanium by now.

Maybe a statue of a Kerbal with a hoe standing next to the abandoned parts on the Island Airfield. I also like the idea of a Christ the Redeemer-type thing over the space center. (Christ the Redeemer being that big statue thing in Rio de Janeiro.)

An Easter Egg for @HarvesteR? That's not overkill enough, but I do like the idea. Maybe like a monument or a series of pockmarks on a body that, from space, show his avatar. Just a guess.

I was thinking more of the lines for a Kopernicus planet pack in honor of him that adds in the was-going-to-be planet Harvester, along with some cool features for it and some moons. Maybe a recognition Easter Egg can go on the planet!

I vote for the Harvester easter egg being a giant statue.....but when I say giant...I mean Mun sized. It would be in a highly eccentric heliocentric orbit, not trackable by the tracking station, not targetable....but huge enough to see if it's close by enough....

Also it would breath fire and proclaim "REMEMBER ME!" ala Bender in that Futurama episode where he makes an alien race of ancient Egyptians (yep) build it for him.

Edited by EliasDanger

6 minutes ago, GiantTank said:

You guys are thinking too small. We need a massive statue of HarvesteR with his hands cupped around the entire Space Center. Make it seem like he is lifting the Kerbals to the stars.

We need to make a HarvesteR moon around Eeloo.

Just wanna point out that if they go with my idea, you would actually be able to orbit and land on the Harvester statue. Imagine putting your lander right on his nose and watching a huge wall of flame flying from his mouth in front of you followed by a ground shaking bellow "REMEMBER ME!"

That would be awesome.

I like how not a lot of people seem to be reading all the posts in the topic, since we are getting a lot of people saying the same ideas without acknowledging the person who first suggested it.

(Fake) example;

"We should make a statue of him!"

...several posts later...

"I like the idea of a HarvesteR Easter egg. Maybe it should be a statue of him..."

6 hours ago, Iamsodarncool said:

At the very least he should have a biome named after him. Maybe call a crater on Tylo "Falanghe Crater"

Yeah!  That could represent the big hole he left in everyone's hearts with his departure :D

Or the huge impact he's had on all our lives..

Ba-dum. Tsshhhh.  (Cut scene to sad panda watching tumbleweed blowing across his living room floor)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.