HarvesteR Easter Egg

theJesuit

13 minutes ago, The_Rocketeer said:

Oh wow. Moho just become a place of meditation and soul-searching...

My first thought on reading this was 'why not officially rename the Mohole to 'HarvesteRs Hole' -  but I thought better of it a second later.  Then I got a vision of a 'remodelled' Moho which made me shudder a bit....  (it's been a long day :confused:)....

I don't think that's a tribute he's likely to appreciate much.  So...  statues and naming craters it is then...:D

On 6/2/2016 at 11:44 AM, Alshain said:

He's not dead

Somewhat relevant:

Old Man: "I'm not dead!"

Young man: "Yes you are, you'll be stone dead in a moment."

"I think I'll go for a walk!"

"You're not fooling anyone, you know. Isn't there anything you could do? "

[The collecter paces for an idea, then whacks the body with his club, solving the problem]

Young man: "Ah, thank you very much."

Collector: "Not at all. See you on Thursday."

On topic:  I'd love to see a Harvester statue/still-alive-but-not-working-here-anymore-sorry-memorial, regardless whether it's 50 meters tall and breathes fire, or 1.2 meters tall and able to be put in a passenger seat.  (ohh interesting idea.  Put in a unique model that looks like Harvester as a tourist or something?)

Regardless, without him KSP would be a lot different from what we have today, and the game is undoubtedly greatly improved because of his presence.  As such, I think he deserves some sort of mention :)

Edited by Slam_Jones

On 5/30/2016 at 7:17 PM, Snark said:

Well, I think Felipe's from Brazil... maybe find a mountain on Kerbin that's overlooking a beautiful bay somewhere, and put up the statue a la Rio de Janeiro's famous landmark?

"Felipe de Redentor" - he has forever redeemed the Space Exploration sim.

3 hours ago, Clockwork13 said:

Memorials are meant to remember people, not specifically dead people.

You guys keeps saying that, but I posted a well respected dictionary and everyone else just keeps spouting rhetoric.  Show me some evidence of this.

2 minutes ago, Alshain said:

You guys keeps saying that, but I posted a well respected dictionary and everyone else just keeps spouting rhetoric.  Show me some evidence of this.

iYYuCKx.png

The 'full definition' says nothing about dead people. Did you even bother to scroll down?

2 minutes ago, Clockwork13 said:

The 'full definition' says nothing about dead people. Did you even bother to scroll down?

And yet the simple definition does.

Why don't we make this easy.  Show me a memorial that has been made for someone who is alive.

Edited by Alshain

Just now, Alshain said:

But yet you can't show me a memorial for a living person, so obviously not.

Memorials CAN represent dead people, but they can be to remember people who are still alive too. Most real-world memorials are to remember dead people though, but like I said, they can also be used to remember alive people who have moved on to something else.

Also, here's the memorial picture you were pestering me for.

Original_FDR_memorial_Oct_09.JPG

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.