Supersonic plane challenge RESULTS ARE OUT!

http://imgur.com/a/Lr8Fi

I know this challenge is technically over but I just thought I would toss my plane in here for you all to see it. My entry is the "Aurora." She makes Mach 4.7 in stock aero, and Mach 5.1 with ignore max temp. I spent 3 days designing this exact model and there have been many iterations before it leading up to my masterpiece. The Aurora performs just as well if not better in FAR because of it's extremely swept wings and R.A.P.I.E.R. - Whiplash combo. The rapiers are only used for their high altitude performance, they are not in rocket mode. It uses 20 engines in total, because the craft weighs 111 tons on takeoff. Despite it's massive weight, it can fly halfway around kerbin in only 14 minutes. That is exactly how much fuel it has. Over a third of the fuel is used just on takeoff and climb so if I could somehow throw together air-to-air refueling at altitude my range would be increased by 33%. I categorize it as both experimental and functional.

Edited by Gman_builder

10 hours ago, Gman_builder said:

http://imgur.com/a/Lr8Fi

I know this challenge is technically over but I just thought I would toss my plane in here for you all to see it. My entry is the "Aurora." She makes Mach 4.7 in stock aero, and Mach 5.1 with ignore max temp. I spent 3 days designing this exact model and there have been many iterations before it leading up to my masterpiece. The Aurora performs just as well if not better in FAR because of it's extremely swept wings and R.A.P.I.E.R. - Whiplash combo. The rapiers are only used for their high altitude performance, they are not in rocket mode. It uses 20 engines in total, because the craft weighs 111 tons on takeoff. Despite it's massive weight, it can fly halfway around kerbin in only 14 minutes. That is exactly how much fuel it has. Over a third of the fuel is used just on takeoff and climb so if I could somehow throw together air-to-air refueling at altitude my range would be increased by 33%. I categorize it as both experimental and functional.

I wish u would've submitted that thing when the contest was OPEN for submissions coz I really like the look of it.

Anyway, since ur WAY late I can't add it to the competing submissions, but I'll sure as hell add it to the non-competing ones worth looking at.

1 hour ago, DualDesertEagle said:

I wish u would've submitted that thing when the contest was OPEN for submissions coz I really like the look of it.

Anyway, since ur WAY late I can't add it to the competing submissions, but I'll sure as hell add it to the non-competing ones worth looking at.

Ya sorry, just finished it.

I'm about an hour and a half late but

CLOSED!

All further likes will NOT count for the voting anymore!

Final results:

1. Cunjo Carl wins by a LIGHT YEAR with his Midge, scoring 14 likes

2. Followed by DoctorDavinci with his Pod Racer, which got 8 likes

3. My Supersonix Experimental Plane and my Sonicstream Thunderstorm share the third place, both with 3 likes

4. The fourth place is also divided into 2, taken by my rough remake of Anakin's Pod Racer and Scarecrow's Twingo which both scored 1 like

The other 3 submissions didn't receive a single like for whatever reason.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.