My coming soon youtube channel

How to: KSP

Well, I have made a flying car on the Mun and I know how to build bases by connecting parts togther

And I also know how to get to moho, eeloo, dres, and duna

I'm soon building a base on Duna and Vall.

I will also bring the flying car there

5 hours ago, How to: KSP said:

Guys! I'm creating a new youtube channel. Do you want tutorials about building bases and travelling to other planets? Or do you want me to show my flying car on the Mun?

Let me know pls

Do what you want to do, it's your channel! Best of luck!

2 hours ago, THX1138 said:

What could you possibly offer that others haven't already uploaded?

That was just plain rude.

Fine, if you enjoy making the videos then go for it but anyone who tells you your channel has a chance of success is just setting you up for disappointment. CodeFantastic is doing you no favours.

48 minutes ago, Gilbershaft said:

@THX1138 I'm not sure why you feel the need to be discouraging. Not everyone's definition of success is the same. OP just wants to make content and put it out there. What is wrong with that? 

OP didn't say that. If that's all they want then sure, they can be happy and that's great but if they think they're going to be the next Scott Manley they're likely to be frustrated. I was discouraging them to save them from wasting their time (and I'm surprised that isn't obvious).

Edited by THX1138

6 minutes ago, THX1138 said:

OP didn't say that. If that's all they want then sure, they can be happy and that's great but if they think they're going to be the next Scott Manley they're likely to be frustrated. I was discouraging them to save them from wasting their time (and I'm surprised that isn't obvious).

OP never said anything about being the next Scott Manley either. He/She wants to offer some new videos and content and was asking for some direction from the community. There was absolutely nothing in the original post suggesting he/she had any expectations of becoming popular or massively successful. I guarantee I can find someone in your life that thinks the time you spend playing this game is a complete waste, so why bag on someone else because they want to post content you think will be a waste of time?

Editing to add:

Before this thread gets locked/deleted, I'd like to say that adding new content to a sea of existing content isn't always a bad thing. When I started playing this game years ago, I had many issues learning how to dock. I watched dozens of videos on how to rendezvous and dock and it never clicked for me until I found one guy that did it a certain way that made sense to me. Had that guy been discouraged from posting his content because there were already dozens of other videos showing the same thing, I probably would have had a much harder time figuring out one of the key aspects of this game.

6 hours ago, THX1138 said:

What could you possibly offer that others haven't already uploaded?

Was it truly necessary to be so rude to the op? Yes there are a lot of people making videos about ksp. So? Scott Manley is arguably out ksp god so should all other video makers quit too? Should all the streamers stop too? 

To the OP @How to: KSP make what you do best! I dont see many base making vids, may be a good place to start :) 

2 hours ago, THX1138 said:

Good grief whats with you and rudeness? 

I personally like modded careers but they need to be edited and voiced over to minimize the boring stuff.  I don't believe I have seen a sub par player make videos with lots of crashes and fixing his craft.  I have been thinking about making a first time play through of RSS with no save/ no revert.  Unfortunately my video editing skills and tools are non existent (darn xp)

@How to: KSP As far as suggestions go, I would say just do what you like to do and are passionate about and don't worry to much about what the rest of us want to see. If you're passionate about whatever you're doing, that will come through on the videos and you'll end up with better content in the long run. And I'll echo what others have said, please send us the link when you're up and running so we can check it out :)

Good luck!

11 hours ago, How to: KSP said:

Guys! I'm creating a new youtube channel. Do you want tutorials about building bases and travelling to other planets? Or do you want me to show my flying car on the Mun?

Let me know pls

It would be realy nice if someone could create an up to date tutorial of KSP Interstellar Extended. I would do it myself if I had the time and skill be can't due to time constraints

Edited by FreeThinker

Good luck with your channel.

I made one some months ago and had put up videos there.

Have the same concerns as all of you (including OP).

With Scot Manley, and all the other youtubers, and with that many content... What the heck should I do?

I decided a modded career and some building videos too.

Here is the link: GaryIce Gaming YouTube Channel KSP Playlist

I think from others I would like to see a bunch of kabooms :D  That is always fun.

I will try to do all of your suggestions from time to time. Until june 16 (maybe even more becuase my summer starts at june 23 ) so I hope u could wait so that I can grant ur wishes. BTW LueZ where should I start when I play RSS cuz that sounds fun

Edited by How to: KSP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.