Suggestion: Longitudal Snap

Currently in the game, we have a very handy tool called "Angle Snap" that lets you radially add parts onto a ruled polygon instead of having to eyeball everything. 

My idea is to have something similar, but for length-ways attachment rather than radial. I always get so frustrated trying to align things like solid fuel boosters and radial decouplers along the sides :P

Cheers,

b0ss

This already exists. In the top left of the menu, there are some little buttons called "gizmos". One of them allows you to move parts about in a manner which allows you to align things like boosters and decouplers.

I9wJBNZ.jpg

Yes, the Offset Gizmo with snapping mode on will let you vertically align components accurately. It does take some time to get it right though. I do still wish for some more advanced symmetry options, but I'd prefer existing bugs to get squashed before new features have significant time spent on them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2016 at 1:36 AM, Bomoo said:

Not quite what you're asking for, but I'd warmly recommend checking out Editor Extensions.

Actually works just as well! Thanks!

On 6/3/2016 at 3:07 AM, Clubbavich said:

It does take some time to get it right though. I do still wish for some more advanced symmetry options.

What would be really cool (albeit an unrealistic expectation of KSP) is some of the placement tools like that of Google SketchUp!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.