The ISS Replica Project - Proton Added!

41 minutes ago, Commander223323 said:

Have you tried the ISS community mod? Here is the link. It says it is for 1.1.2, but it worked for me in 1.2.2.

I think you've entirely missed the point of this project - the intention was to build a series of stockalike replica parts, because I enjoyed the process of designing, researching and constructing the modules myself. If I wanted to simply build the ISS, I would have gone for a far easier solution, but would have still steered clear of that mod

6 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

I think you've entirely missed the point of this project - the intention was to build a series of stockalike replica parts, because I enjoyed the process of designing, researching and constructing the modules myself. If I wanted to simply build the ISS, I would have gone for a far easier solution, but would have still steered clear of that mod

Sorry. I thought you just wanted to build the iss. I will still be following this project though. Good luck.

Edited by Commander223323

23 minutes ago, Commander223323 said:

Sorry. I thought you just wanted to build the iss. I will still be following this project though. Good luck.

No worries man. Sorry if I came off a bit harsh...It's just a stressful time of the year for us students :P 

@Commander223323, hey man, I've been seeing a bit around here on the forums, so first of all; welcome to the forums :) 
I think it will help you a lott if you watch tutorials. Some great, althought it some an old KSP version, are the ones from Scott Manley. He really goes indept things and is able to explain space mechanics/rocket science to people who didn't know a thing. 
For rendavouz and docking he has this video, which still applies in the current KSP. Be sure to watch his other tutorial too. 

Last but not least. KSP is known for it's steep learning curve, so playing and practising will make you better at this game. You just need to get the hang of it. :) 

Futhermore, not to be rude. But these kind of things are quitte offtopic. If you have some other questions about playing the game, modding, etc. Feel free to post it on the forums or just PM me, everyone had to start somewhere and no-one was able to play this game perfectly in a short amount of time, so I'm glad if I can help you (and other beginners) around . :)

~DrLicor

(place to post gameplay regarding questions like that one)  

Edited by DrLicor

32 minutes ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Hmm... I'm intrigued. Are those retextured Tantares parts I spot on your Zarya?

No retexturing, other than a new texture I made for a procedural fairing. However, the version of Tantares this was made with is before some fairly substantial changes, so thats why it could look different 

@MrMeeb Congrats on 1000 rep points. I am wondering if you are going to do the real ISS or the ISS original plan. The original plan would be cooler in my opinion because it has more modules, but an ISS that is like the real one is fine too. 

Here is a picture of the original plan (how do you make pictures smaller) sorry about that size. I will take it out if you want.

Image result for iss original plan

Edited by Commander223323

12 hours ago, Commander223323 said:

@MrMeeb Congrats on 1000 rep points. I am wondering if you are going to do the real ISS or the ISS original plan. The original plan would be cooler in my opinion because it has more modules, but an ISS that is like the real one is fine too.

I think the original plan was to make the original ISS, but, frankly, I can't remember - it's been nearly a year since i did that Zarya, and it's currently not on my list of priorities. I do want.to come back to this, but there's only so much time in a day, so we'll see

8 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

I think the original plan was to make the original ISS, but, frankly, I can't remember - it's been nearly a year since i did that Zarya, and it's currently not on my list of priorities. I do want.to come back to this, but there's only so much time in a day, so we'll see

when is unity coming?

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.