[KSPedia 1.9.1+] Planet Wiki v4.1 - May 20, 2020

jandcando

What a great mod! I loved it!

I hope @jandcando and @damonvv come back to continue updating it!

Also, a suggestion, maybe you can drop the science multipliers from the pages (they are covered by [x] Science and/or DMagic's CelestialBodyScience mods) so that you need to maintain less changing information as I believe planetary sizes and orbits should be more stable information.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

@jandcando just to let you know the following changes are being made to OPM to resolve some issues with threshold altitudes:

• Hale: spaceAltitudeThreshold = 7500
  • Priax: spaceAltitudeThreshold = 50000
  • Thatmo: flyingAltitudeThreshold = 12000

The following biome work was also corrected so the bodies now have:

• Tekto - 22 biomes
  • Wal - 17 biomes

Sorry for the work caused. :D 

Edited by Poodmund

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I just discovered this mod.

If you need an additional editor on staff, my technical writing skills are impeccable.  I can definitely help if you need help.

• 4 months later...

Planetwiki doesnt work with 1.8

It fails to load, which is surprising as the delta-v-map mod for the KSPedia works fine.

Here's the relevant log entry:

The AssetBundle 'file://D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\planetwikiv4.ksp' can't be loaded because it was not built with the right version or build target.

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Modules/AssetBundle/Public/AssetBundleLoadFromAsyncOperation.cpp Line: 445)

Error while getting Asset Bundle: The AssetBundle 'file://D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\planetwikiv4.ksp' can't be loaded because it was not built with the right version or build target.
AssetLoader: Bundle is null

• 1 month later...

I tried to figure out how to (re)create .kspedia files but its such a hassle and the tutorials I found are so outdated that I just cant be bothered.

I tried my best but if SQUAD thinks thats the best way to "allow people to implement their own kspedia entries" I'm out -.-

• 5 months later...

I got the mod working again for myself in KSP version 1.9.1.
I used screenshots from the original mod for KSP version 1.7.3 and then made them functional again with Unity. The optics suffered a bit, but that's normal if you want to keep the pictures relatively small in terms of memory requirements.

@jandcando If you want, you can get the ksp file to publish it.

3 minutes ago, Avaborg said:

I got the mod working again for myself in KSP version 1.9.1.
I used screenshots from the original mod for KSP version 1.7.3 and then made them functional again with Unity. The optics suffered a bit, but that's normal if you want to keep the pictures relatively small in terms of memory requirements.

@jandcando If you want, you can get the ksp file to publish it.

That sounds awesome, thank you for working on this. If you send me a new .ksp file (and your Unity source files if possible) I'll publish it to everything.

It's been so long that I honestly don't know my way around Unity to work on this anymore so I really appreciate you doing this!

42 minutes ago, jandcando said:

That sounds awesome, thank you for working on this. If you send me a new .ksp file (and your Unity source files if possible) I'll publish it to everything.

It's been so long that I honestly don't know my way around Unity to work on this anymore so I really appreciate you doing this!

@jandcando Here is the link, the mod is in the AssetBundles folder: https://filebin.net/5hp3yxr0v91k7r40

Edited by Avaborg

On 5/17/2020 at 11:04 PM, Avaborg said:

@jandcando Here is the link, the mod is in the AssetBundles folder: https://filebin.net/5hp3yxr0v91k7r40

Published! I also verified that it works on my computer. I'm happy to put this up as-is, but I am somewhat curious as to why you opted to use screenshots of the pages when the originals should have been included in the source. You can also grab them from the Imgur gallery if you want. Not demanding you make the change as it is still perfectly legible, but the pictures could be a little sharper from my perspective (could be wrong, haven't touched Unity in a long time).

Again, seriously thank you! This mod is the only one I've made that I feel really adds something to the game and I've missed having it too.

@jandcando   I only came across this thread here in the forum when I was already done with the mod.
The screenshots were the easiest way for me, because otherwise I had not googled for pictures of the mod and I installed the mod via CKAN.
I had strongly compressed the pictures, because otherwise it took a bit long until the pages were displayed in KSPedia.

This was also my first contact with Unity and I also had to read some tutorials until I got it going because the PartTools brought me an error.
If I find a better way that makes sharper images and still a good loading time possible, I will then provide a revised version again.

33 minutes ago, Avaborg said:
@jandcando   I only came across this thread here in the forum when I was already done with the mod.
The screenshots were the easiest way for me, because otherwise I had not googled for pictures of the mod and I installed the mod via CKAN.
I had strongly compressed the pictures, because otherwise it took a bit long until the pages were displayed in KSPedia.

This was also my first contact with Unity and I also had to read some tutorials until I got it going because the PartTools brought me an error.
If I find a better way that makes sharper images and still a good loading time possible, I will then provide a revised version again.

Well in that case it sounds good. Thank you again!

I'm getting this in the Player.log

AssetLoader: Loaded bundle 'planetwiki_core'

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

The file can not be loaded because it was created for another build target that is not compatible with this platform.
Please make sure to build AssetBundles using the build target platform that it is used by.
File's Build target is: 6

23 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

I'm getting this in the Player.log

AssetLoader: Loaded bundle 'planetwiki_core'

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

The file can not be loaded because it was created for another build target that is not compatible with this platform.
Please make sure to build AssetBundles using the build target platform that it is used by.
File's Build target is: 6

Where can I find the Player.log file and which version of KSP are you using?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.